Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Apple pectin

I read somewhere on the net that apple pectin is an anti-androgen. Has anyone tried using it on here? I'm hoping you'll read this thread, Isabelle. I'd like your opinion/thoughts on this. I feel a bit of an idiot asking this question, but I thought I might try itBig Grin.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section! I meant to post it in the general discussion one. DohBlush

Hi Bargain Boobs,

This is quite interesting indeed.

Apple Pectin kills prostate cancer cells,
http://glycob.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/8/805.short
androgen insensitive ones as well as androgen sensitive ones. So although there may be a possible use in prostate cancer, apple pectin has not been identified as an anti-androgen, certainly not in the specific function we are after, as a 5α-reductase inhibitor.

That said, it detoxifies metals. It was used to get rid of 137 cesium in Chernobyl victims, and endocrine disruption was found in children. In rats, 137 cesium does not cause endocrine disruption:
http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/...466?via=sd

So that leaves the interesting thought that the endocrine disruption may have been caused not by the problem, 137 cesium, but by the cure: apple pectin. In that case, there may be some use for apple pectin in NBE too. Maybe it detoxifies zinc too, and zinc is an androgen in very high doses (> 80 mg). Someone who swallowed a US penny is certainly above that dose.

I'm interested to know how your experiment goes Smile

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for your reply. Interesting & insightful as alwaysSmile. I like the fact that apple pectin seems to be useful for a cross section of health issues. It's reputed to help weight loss as well. I had no idea it detoxifies metals though. I'd only read that the way it acts as a an anti-androgen, is that it effectively pulls excess androgens out of the body. Seems like it's principally a detoxifier, but if it helps the organs (especially the endocrine system)work better, then it's got to be good for NBE, I suppose. I'm prepared to be the first guinea pig in this experimentBig Grin. The other upside is it's incredibly cheap to make your own apple pectin stockSmile.

This question is really interesting .I think apple pectin is really very effective.It can kill germs of cancer.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon