Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

If my breasts didn't grow during pregnancy and breast feeding, am I doomed?

I have had 4 children and breast fed them all. My first 2 children were born premature so for the last 2 pregnancies I got weekly progesterone shots starting from 16 weeks.

I never really grew bigger breasts during all my pregnancies. The tiny size increases I did see we're probably from weight gain and after giving birth, milk filling up my breasts.

I'm wondering, if, since my boobs didn't increase much in size during all those hormonal changes when most women's boobs get huge, if I could even get results from messing with phyto hormones.

Please share your thoughts & experiences! I'm hopeful but feeling down and on the verge of deciding on implants Sad

Hi leeannel,

The problem is probably Insufficient Glandular Tissue (IGT). Melissa4u has been looking into it:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35949#pid35949

Hi leeannel,
That's a really hard question. I don't think anyone knows the answer to that, yet. Isabelle is right, you probably have IGT. Although, there have been a few here in the forums who have or think they might have IGT, there hasn't been anyone who has wrote some kind of success with NBE, yet.
I know Anastasia had low milk supply issues, but she grew during pregnancy and breastfeeding, so I don't think she had IGT. I definitley think that some sort of methods of NBE can help.

I am trying to find a way to overcome IGT. I have been trying to gather as much info as I can, I am currently on Bountiful Breast and I use the noogleberry pump, hoping to get more glandular tissue since BO is "glandular therapy".

It could be that I have IGT, but I always had enough milk a few days after giving birth to feed my babies with very rare bottle supplementation for 6+ months.

Do doctors usually let you know if you have IGT? The nursing consultants didnt really comment in my breasts at the time, although I think they may be kind of tuberous (large puffy nipples & pointy small breasts).

I have a feeling massage will be necessary for me. Need to make more time to massage & hopefully it has some positive effect on tissue growth.

I went to 3 lactation consultants and none of them said I have IGT. After reading about low milk supply, I learned about IGT, and that's how I knew I have IGT.
Your breasts are similar to mine, small, pointy with large areolas did your breasts round out during pregnancy?

I think the NB would be a great option for you. I don't know if you want to take BO, you should read more about it, but I definitley think the NB pump should be a great start.

I actually tried both noogleberry & BO. Very little if any results, although I have to admit I'm not consistent with the NB (like I said, I have 4 kids, lol).

And no, my breasts didn't round out during pregnancy Sad

Is Bo & NB your current plan? If so, do you think it's working?

Few more things I wanted to add...

1. I remember hearing before about goats rue helping with creating more breast tissue. I've been using it inconsistently along with my PM & flax seeds because I recall reading on this forum that it helps with breast swelling. I think I'll start remembering to take this more consistently & I'll let you guys know about my results

2. I'm using mothers love goats rue liquid extract in alcohol water. I contacted the company to inquire about mg per teaspoon & they said there in 333 mg per tsp, but also said any size gains will disappear once I stop using it.

3. I've been gaining weight intentionally to up my body fat percentage from 19% to at lease 22% for nbe purposes. Only recently have I experienced pre-period swelling, but it unfortunately went away, although I am the tiniest bit larger because of the 5 lbs I gained. I hope this reaction in my breasts is a good sign, because I've been trying forever!

What brand of BO did you use? How long were you on it?
With NB, it takes time and it needs to be consistent.

Yes, my current plan is BO and NB, I don't know if it's working just yet. I have grown some but I need my shape to improve. With the NB, I think I was overpumping the last month or so, I am now taking it slow and steady. I try not to get too carried away, it's so easy to do! I think I need to be on BO and NB longer to see any drastic changes.

I was on ultra breast for about a year at their reccomended dosage.

Well I hope we can both get rid if these little pointy boobs soon :p

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon