Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Making Goats Rue Tea

Lostacres asked me about Goats Rue tea on Isabelle's programme page, but rather than hijack that thread I thought it better to start a new one here.

(24-01-2012, 09:42 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  Pansy-mae,
What would be a Hops alternative? I tried the elixir & it put me into a bad crying spell even if I only took it at night. There was no gram weight on the bottle - only to take 30-40 drops. I take about 2400 mg GR now. Taking 6 GM (caps) would put me in the poor house. How do you make GR tea? I take 1000 mg Ainterol PM (500 x 2) daily. Is that too much? I am menopausal so I take it continuously.
I also use Progesterone cream 21 days a month, 7 days off.
Thanks
Firstly, Isabelle knows far more than me about herbs and their effects, so I can't really suggest an alternative. In fact I was after the same answer myself a couple of weeks back because I couldn't stand the taste of the dried hops, but somebody pointed me in the direction of hops capsules and I'm now taking 3g a day that way.

Isabelle has recently done a 'what is in what' list which might help you http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=10880&pid=43772#pid43772

I don't know anything about the hops elixir you had but I assume that is an alcoholic extract of some kind? In which case 30-40 drops seems like a huge dose, but I could be wrong about that, although it might explain the extreme reaction you suffered.

As for GR, I bought the loose dried herb and it cost me just under £6 (approx $9) for 500g, which at 6g a day is almost 3 months supply.
You make it the same as any other tea, simply pour boiling water over the required amount of dried herb and leave it for a short while to brew, strain it and drink it. Isabelle ahas a small chinese 1 cup strainer mug which she uses, I use a cafetiere, which is effectively the same thing, or you could use an old fashioned teapot and strainer.
First thing in the morning I measure 6g of dried herb into the pot and pour recently boiled water over it, enough for two mugs. I then leave it for about 20mins to brew and cool a little and pour out 1 mugful to drink then ( I put one Canderel tablet in because it needs sweetening to my taste).
The rest of it I leave in the pot, with the herbs, until about 12 hours later then I pour out the rest of it and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds and drink that.
Isabelle drinks three cups a day spread at about 8 hour intervals, but that doesn't fit my routine so I take the same amount of herbs in only 2 cups spread 12 hours apart.

That Ainterol dose is what they recommend for women, and I don't have enough knowledge to suggest altering it. I have some UPS Prog cream and that is recommending about the same does that you are taking, so that sounds OK.

Hope this all helps.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon