Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23?

15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23?
November 24 2008 at 3:29 AM Artemis (Login Artemist)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using the Pueraria product and am supposed to take the capsules 15 days on and 15 off. I started PM 23 days ago, at the start of my period and stopped for a break 8 days ago. My period started today. Do I start taking the pills again or wait until day 30?

The Pueraria UK site says you don't have to wait for your period, but it doesn't say anything about what to do if it comes early.

Author Reply
emilybug
(Login emilybug) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 24 2008, 9:23 PM

artemis, just wondering if your period came early while on pm. 23 days is a pretty short cycle. my cycle went from 27 to 24 on pm, i was concerned that a shorter cycle could mean i'm becoming less fertile.
or it was just from pm. so, i thought i'd ask.

to answer your question, i would stick with starting on day 1 of your cycle (if thats what it suggests). if your cycle is shorter, you could take the pm for a day or two less.

good luck

ShyBoobs
(Login ShyBoobs)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 24 2008, 11:31 PM

Good question. I've already got a short cycle (24 days last time I checked)and AF is due later this week. that's when I'll be officially starting the PM caps. I really hope it doesn't shorten my period further! I had taken the test online and due to the symptoms, I believe I was progesterone difficient, so I have been using PC since day 14 of this cycle. There's been some improvement after using it so...I should be OK for the PM now, especially since I'll keep using it during luteal/break days (PC). I'm even using milk thistle last 3-5 days of cycle to further clear estrogen receptors and get the liver ready. I plan on ramping up to the full dose so my body can adjust, just in case.

Boy, I can ramble on and on sometimes. ^_^; Anyways, thanks for answering that question emily. I'll keep that in mind in the near future since I already have less than a 28 day cycle.

Artemist, did you have hormonal imbalance or no?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 26 2008, 2:41 AM

whats PC? or PO?

Mumma Bear
(no login) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 26 2008, 9:32 AM

This is why I think Bella's PM protocol makes so much more sense than taking it days 1 to 14. Try googling estrogen level charts - you'll see that it starts going up in the 2nd week, stays high through ovulation, then only really starts heading down in the last week. With such a potent phyto-estrogen I think it's really important not to go against your body's natural cycle. JMHO, but have a look at those charts and you'll see what I mean Smile

Edit Message Delete Message

ShyBoobs
(Login ShyBoobs)
SENIOR MEMBER About PC November 26 2008, 5:06 PM

Dandelion,

PC is progesterone cream. I dunno bout PO...

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 27 2008, 11:11 AM

Does anyone know if PM is a fast acting herb, that is, would you feel the estrogenic effects from the day you start taking the pills to the day you stop or is there be a time delay?

Also I've switched to Pueraria UK (or rather I'm using a combo of that and my last bottle of FP)- my cycle has lengthened by one day - 29 days, I used to be 28 days exactly.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 27 2008, 11:38 AM

PO is porcine Ovary(pig), like BO is Bovine ovary. Porcine ovary was substitued for BO ovary by DNE vitiamins when Bovine ovary was getting hard to get because of Mad cow.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 27 2008, 11:43 AM

PM is a very potent herb, that being said I believe it would really depend on the person. I know when I have taken Saw Palmetto the following day my libido is already fired up. So it depends on the person, how well it was absorbed or how fast into the system. I quite possible to feel headache or tingles across your chest soon after staring PM.

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? November 28 2008, 10:58 AM

ok, thanks Snowflake, was wondering how it would effect the cycling method, was thinking that if there was a time delay, would it be better to alter pm dosages in advance when trying to mimic hormone levels...

Artemis
(Login Artemist) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? December 1 2008, 5:36 PM

Turns out it was just spotting actually...I've never actually experienced spotting, so I thought it was my period.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Artemis
(Login Artemist) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? December 1 2008, 5:37 PM

"Artemist, did you have hormonal imbalance or no?"

Just to answer this, probably not. I don't have symptoms of a hormone imbalance.

Littl eRocks
(Login LittleRocks) Re: 15 days on, 15 off....what do I do if my period starts on day 23? December 5 2008, 4:13 AM

You need to take the PM as directed, do not deviate from the instructions no matter what you do.
Im taking Bellas Pm, have been taking it for 2 months and decided I didnt like my periods being every 23 days instead of the normal, regular 28, so I tampered with the dosage and took it for an extra 5 days.
BIG mistake.
I went 45 days until I had my next period, which totally screwed my taking PM all up.

Take your PM starting on the 7th day of your period ( day one being the FIRST day you start bleeding) then take your first dosage of PM on the 7th day of your cycle, take it for 14 days, then stop.
Speaking for myself only, my period started 18 hours after my last dose of PM, lasted about 4 days ( very, very heavy) then quit.
Bella recommends that you keep a steady stream of PM in your system for it to work, which means taking one capsule every 8 hours on the dot.
That means I take one at 8 am,4 pm and 12 midnight.

The only side effects I have had has been a ridiculous amount of very slick, wet, vaginal lubrication all thru my cycle where I never got it unless it was ovulation time. Too bad I dont have the libido boost to go with it....

Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon