Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Do breast pumps give you period cramps?

I got bad period cramps one day when I was watching a movie and using the Noogleberry, is it because of pumping?

My mom suggested this because she says it maybe had some connection to breastfeeding and contractions or something.

Your mom is right: there is a connection. Breastfeeding releases oxytocin, the hormone that causes the contractions in the breasts that squeeze out the milk. But oxytocin also causes uterine contractions: it's the hormone given to a pregnant woman who is two weeks overdue.

Thanks! Do you think it will be hard for me to start up my noogling again? I've quit for a month or two because I was in Italy.

Hi whitevalkyrie,

It may take some time before you get good swelling again. As for getting used to the oxytocin, you need to change the way you look at it. It's not period cramps, it's a rush. An enjoyable rush. Oxytocin has been called the hugging hormone, the love hormone, and many other names like that. Ask your mother to teach you how to breathe, or to "puff away the pain", like she learned for labor. Once you get to know the feelings that are behind the pain, you're gonna love it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon