Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is it safe to massage with an alcoholic extract?

Wink 

I doubt it's a problem because people rub tons of rubbing alcohol into their skin every day in the form of hand sanitizer and facial astringents. Ive heard you shouldn't use edible alcohol externally, just like you shouldn't drink rubbing alcohol. In a way, that makes sense because even though rubbing alcohol is fairly toxic, it evaporates extremely quickly, so it's possible that a vanishingly small amount is actually absorbed through the skin. When you drink edible alcohol it gets filtered out by your liver, but , for all I know, if I apply it externally it might not get filtered out, and instead just build up in my breast tissue until they get poisoned and fall off Tongue . So is it safe to use grain alcohol externally or what? I really like my alcohol based hops extract and don't want to stop massaging with it and Mountain rose does not make a glycerin based version last I checked. I should point out that this stuff isn't just spiked, it's almost pure hard liquor.

So are other people already massaging with alcohol extracts? If that's the case than thats proof enough for me that it's safe. Im gonna try contacting mountain rose to see what they have to say about it.

From what I can ascertain, even substances absorbed by the skin get filtered by the liver and kidneys. I've been using FG and SP extracts with alcohol in addition to Jason Wild Yam cream topically for a few months now and haven't had any reactions or issues with it. Usually, I get hives and have sensitive skin, so I am encouraged at this point I've not had any adverse effects. =)

Been doing PM this way. Dont know if it will just hit the blood stream and/ or how it will absorb into the fatty tissue. But I have been fine so far.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon