Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Skin care tips...

Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.

If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.

(13-12-2011, 07:31 AM)shahidmian Wrote:  Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.

If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.

Hi dear,

You shared good tip for skin care. It is very helpful for every person.
Thanks for sharing this posting.

Thanks dear for sharing this information with us about the skin care.
I always neglect care for my skin, but after reading these easy tips, I will care of my skin.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful tips for us. I will add one thing in your tips if you wash your face daily with face wash your skin much better within a few days.

Thanks for the link, gorgeousblond. I will be doing my 3rd ipl treatment for sun damage and my laser technician has been trying to convince me to try derma rolling. I am going to look it up on that site.

(13-12-2011, 07:31 AM)shahidmian Wrote:  Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.

I used a benzoyl peroxide cream from years in the past, and I agree it works wonders on the pimples, BUT it doesn't prevent getting new ones, at least it didn't prevent them on me.
Another problem was that it left my skin super tight and dry, feeling like a cardboard, and even some bits of my skin peeled off. It also discoloured my sheets when I used it at night lol.
But it's true it's great to use on those days when you wake up with a big pimple in the middle of your face, it dries it fine, but in a case of "permanent" acne I would only recommend it to people in their teens or early twenties, when the menace of getting wrinkles is still far away lol. I find it a bit too argressive. But that's just my opinion. Tongue

Thanks for sharing such important skin care tips. I use Regener8 Skin Care Supplement to protect my skin. It promote healthy skin, increase skin elasticity and flexibility, repair damaged skin cells and faster healing of wounds, scars, stretch marks and burns. Regener8 Skin Regenerator is a new unique skin healing & repair supplement containing an absorbable form of hydrolysed collagen Peptan, minerals and the classic magic healer: Aloe Vera with the addition of Vitamins: A, C & E and botanicals Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary & Chamomile to enhance the formula further with their anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that collectively help promote skin healing.

Some beauty tips are as follows:
Do exercise and Yoga regularly
Eat healthy food
Eat more fruit and drink fruit juice
Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
Cover the skin from pollution,dust particle. and sun rays
Facial twice in a month
Avoid eating more oily food.

I've tried every skin care tip under the sun, from vitamins to cleansing with lemons, and NOTHING has cleared my acne until Proactiv. Even with Proactiv, I still get small white bumps, and since no one can tell me what type of acne it is, I have no idea how to combat it. :/

But through all my trials, I have found things that will definitely HELP your skin:
-Make sure your pillowcase is cleaned frequently
-Pull your hair out of your face at night, or condition with coconut oil, to prevent Sodium Laureyl/Laureth Sulfate (a common ingredient in hair care products) from getting into your pores and damaging your skin
-Use a sunblock EVERYDAY, and reapply every two hours. For those using acne products, use a stronger sunscreen to prevent from burning
-Use cosmetics that allow your skin to breathe, and research the ingredients before purchasing something
-Look for "non-comedogenic"
-Drink plenty of water!

I'll post if I think of any others.

I'll add what I can, which isn't much...

I use a gentle (natural) exfoliant at least once a week for my face.

If I'm home and have the time I apply Astringent (Clean & Clear) to pimples with a cotton swab, or for those who like natural products, apply Tea Tree Oil to the pimples. Just be careful not to apply all over your face as it may dry you out.

I've heard from a lot of places that applying toothpaste (not gel kind) to pimples and leaving it overnight is supposed to really help, though I'm to paranoid about getting toothpaste all over my pillows so I haven't tried it...

Cater (spelled right?) to your skin. If you have dry skin find products that are for dry skin, even if it looks so promising. {Been there! Done that! Big no!} If you have oily skin, find products for oily skin. If you have combo skin (what I have, I believe) find combo skin products.

I know Olay has Olay For You on their site, where you tell about you skin & preferences and it find the best products for you.

As for body skin tips:
I suggest using Cocoa Butter Lotion. I used to buy Palmers, but then I got my local drugstore brand and it works much better!

If you get body acne, your number 1 rule is to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!! A loofah, scrub puff, or scrubby glove, or just an exfoliating wash, use it every day!

That's all I've got for now Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon