Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DHEA

I just ordered some tea from a local herbalist. While on her website she mentions DHEA and it sounds (and i am by no means an expert) like this would be something that would help with breast enhancement. She recommends 50 mg. a day. I couldn't find much information on the forum about it and wondered if anyone out there had more info on the subject. It has caught my interest and one of the only posts I could find about it on here said it was dangerous. thanks!

Hi wantboobsbad,

Maca acts as if it increases DHEA. DHEA is the steroid from which the body makes all testosterones and estrogens. Years ago, diosgenin (in fenugreek and wild yam) was thought to increase DHEA, but that was proved wrong. If a tea is claimed to increase DHEA, you better check what's in it.

The sale of DHEA itself is forbidden in many countries.

Oh no, it wasn't a tea. I had purchased a tea and just happened to stumble upon the DHEA. She referred to it as the fountain of youth. I looked at the picture and it was just labeled DHEA. Since I had seemed to stalled and wondered if I was having problems with dosing, I just wondered if this was kind of a way to get around all of that.
Interestingly enough, I ran out of GABA a few days ago and haven't had a chance to purchase anymore. I have noticed pains in my breasts close to my armpit. I am hoping these are growing pains and am wondering if stopping the GABA was related. could just be a coincidence I guess. Needless to say, I am rather excited about it.
I also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to respond to all of my posts. You have been a great help to me and I deeply appreciate it.
I am also looking forward to trying the tea. I had contacted her and says she has a tea called 'chesty tea' so I ordered some and am going to give it a try. Also, I have noticed my menstrual acne is not as bad this month. Is it possible my hormones are finally heading into balance and that is causing the pains?
Sorry for my ramblings, I coudl talk about this all day. Thanks again!

You're welcome, wantboobsbad,

and you're not running out of luck just yet Smile

DHEA is the way around stalling, yes. Or rather, a short cut to fuel steroid raw materials to your enzymes, after your body has decided to shut the production of steroids down.

i just looked for this and it said it was androgenic with side effects including facial hair in women?

yes, I also read that it caused facial hair, acne and voice deepening but I think that's in very high amounts. the herbalist said on her site that you have a fair amount of this in your 20's naturally and then it decreases from there. I have an email in to her to get more information. But yeah, the thought of facial hair scares me enough to not want to take it!

Hi wantboobsbad and Barbiegrrrl,

The androgen effect depends on how you were doing before DHEA. If your breasts were growing, they will grow faster. If you were breaking out, the acne will become worse.

The body makes testosterone from DHEA. From testosterone, it makes estrogens as well as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). If you want to take no chances, use a 5α-reductase inhibitor: that blocks the enzyme that makes DHT. DHT is what makes you break out, grow facial and body hair, and lose scalp hair.

The 5α-reductase inhibitors are called anti-androgens: saw palmetto, barley grass, borage oil, spearmint tea. There are also anti-androgens in hops and PM.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon