Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

[archive] The importance of sleep and stress reduction for NBE

The importance of sleep and stress reduction for NBE
December 16 2006 at 5:35 AM
Anonymous  (Login organic_angel)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all my organic beauties!

Well, by now you know I'm all about hormone balance, and how all our homones are all inter-related. I'm a fanatic about researching things, and I've been going over some of my med books to find related topics.

The endocrine system is responsible for all hormones. They are classified as major & minor. Incidentally, our female hormones are minor. (estrogen/progestin) 2 of the "major" hormones are cortisol and insulin. Perhaps you have read one of my prior posts in which I stated that diabetics have a near failure rate of nbe because of their disease. How does this concern us if we are not diabetic?

When you live a constant high-stress lifestyle, your cortisol levels remain elevated. When cortisol levels remain elevated, you slowly become insulin resistant, and when insulin levels are constantly high, it throws ALL hormones out of whack. Sleep and stress behave similiarly. When you are chronically sleep deprived, your cortisol levels become and remain elevated, which again starts to elevate your insulin levels and then when you remain in that state, again ALL hormones get whacked out of balance.

Here's another biggie ladies....once you become insulin resistant, those pounds start creeping on. Especially around the tummy. And they are pretty hard to take off, until you do what.....balance your hormones. You can exercise your butt off, but those pounds will stubbornly remain. You need to get out of insulin resistance.

Sleeping tip. Sleep for at least 6-8 hrs, and sleep in complete darkness. Any light source (night light; clock radio; computer, etc) will keep cortisol levels high. For those who are going through the same menopause hell I am, and sleep eludes me constantly, melatonin and Vit B (in combination) is recommended for sleep. Both to get to sleep and to remain asleep. (I'm DEFINITELY adding this combo starting this weekend)

I'm making a dedication to myself, to not sabatoge my routine. I am going to be highly conscious of my sleep patterns as well as keeping my stress levels at bay.

Sweet dreams and gentle lifestyles my organic beauties zzzzzzzzzzz

Organic Boobie Love

Author Reply
wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER The importance of sleep and stress reduction for NBE December 17 2006, 1:51 AM 

Yep, I agree. Thanks for sharing your research. I just found out from doing some research of my own from some of the syptoms that I've been having that I might not be ovulating every month? Or anymore!? Hmmm... I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with menopause until maybe when I'm closer to 50. Oh well, at least I'm pretty good in the sleep and stress reduction department.

Take care and happy boobie growing Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon