Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Progesterone Cream

Beware of Progesterone Cream!
December 18 2006 at 3:22 AM Katrina (Login mountainkat)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read this woman's story below:

tried the progesterone, for years, along with reducing xenoestrogens from my environment. The fibroids were not bothering me, but didnt disappear either. The migraines before my periods went away. The breast tenderness before my periods went away. Then THEY RETURNED. I thought I might have exposed myself to more xenoestrogens so I INCREASED MY PROGESTERONE! My symptoms got worse. I then had my hormones checked. My estradiol was low & my progesterone was high. These same symptoms were now caused by Progesterone Dominance! According to Dr. Mercola, progesterone can be stored in fat cells for up to 2 years! Is this really the best solution to balance my hormones?

In my research I have come across an herb/root/food grown organically, high in the Andean Mountains in Peru that is worth looking into. Its called Maca. It is suppose to adapt to the body’s needs and support menopausal health. It works with the body, the pituitary & hypothalamus, to bring about healthy balanced hormones. Maca is not a hormone, but a food that helps the body balance itself AND it helps both men and women.

This sounds like a gift from God!

** I believe Vitex or Maca would be best to use to balance your hormones (estrogen, progesterone, and androgens) because they will not cause your body to go from estrogen dominant to progesterone dominant, and it can take up to 2 YEARS for it to leave your system!

Vitex decreases your androgen levels and Maca increases it but they BOTH balance estrogen and progesterone naturally and safely. You just need to find out if your androgen dominant (high libido) or androgen insufficient (low libido).

Author Reply
Daisy
(no login) Re: Beware of Progesterone Cream! December 21 2006, 7:29 PM

In many countries you cannot get progesterone cream anyway without a doctor's prescription.

Super Strength Progesterone Cream
January 1 2008 at 9:45 PM AnnMarie (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been known to enlarge the breast, does anyone have any testimonies about this product?

Author Reply

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Super Strength Progesterone Cream January 8 2008, 10:50 PM

Well it wouldn't be a very wise move to start taking progesterone unless your body lacks it. I guess the cream would only work for those who have low levels of progesterone to begin with. Personally I think all medical products containing real hormones should be prescription only because they can be really harmful if used by someone who doesn't even know if they need it.

First do a hormone test. Then decide if you need progesterone or not.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Super Strength Progesterone Cream January 9 2008, 7:47 PM

Here is a quote from Dr John Lee in his book 'What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause':

"In the breast, progesterone plays an important role during pregnancy in developing the specialized tissue that allows lactation. Women who use too much progesterone may find their breasts are considerably enlarged by this effect. Although this may sound like a positive attribute to some women, using excessive progesterone to create large breasts is not recommended, as the effect will wear off when progesterone levels return to normal, possibly leaving sagging breasts."

Now before someone decides 'What the h*ll - I want large breasts - I will just keep my progesterone level above normal' --- Here is what else you risk by taking this hormone above normal levels.

1.Receptor sensitivity is lost -meaning your body stops responding to progesterone

2.Immune response is lowered (where-as at appropriate levels, progesterone enhances immune response)

3.Mental lethargy and depression (again -at appropriate levels it can enhance mental well being)

4.Significant abdominal bloating and discomfort

5.Excess cortisol levels causing increased appetite and weight gain around the abdomen

6.Increased risk of faster growth of pre-existing progesterone and estrogen sensitive cancers

Again - these 6 things listed are risks taken when using progesterone above normal levels for extended periods of time. Using normal dosages does not bring on these worries and can resolve a lot of various symptoms.

Yes indeed, some women - myself included - will have a response in the breast from normal dosages of progesterone. My breasts increased by about an inch in a very short period of time. I believe this is due to progesterones activating effect on estrogen receptors.

Those who want to know what is a normal dose of progesterone cream really, really need to get the book I mentioned. It varies from person to person according to symptoms and age.

As Fennel pointed out - this is stuff that is useful if you need it - but beware... too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Inform yourself before you experiment with this hormone. READ THE BOOK.

waxingmoon
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon