Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Please review my program! (Isabelle! Eve M! Cselestyna!)

Hi all,

I was very tempted to use PM, but I was really scared by the possibility of it messing up my cycle so I decided to give Eve M's program a try. I already have a longer cycle (32 days) than most women so I didn't want to make it even longer. Anyways, I will try to stick to Eve M's program as closely as possible and below is the program I have in mind for now. (I would like to order ASAP so that I can start soon! so excited! =D) Please feel free to comment!

I will be taking;

((in powder form)) -- to be ordered from www.mountainroseherbs.com

1) Barley grass 800mg

2) Alfalfa 400mg

3) Fennel 400mg

4) Fenugreek 1800mg

((in capsule form)) -- to be ordered from www.vitacost.com

1) Hops 1240mg (Nature's Way)
(I know Eve M took 1800mg daily, but I am a little worried that it might make me too sleepy. 1240mg is already twice the serving size on the bottle for hops flower capsules. It says hops has sleep inducing effect so I'm a little concerned. I'm a college student so cannot afford to feel constantly sleepy... What do you think? Is it really important that I take in high dosage of hops for NBE?)

2) flaxseed oil capsules 1000mg (Vitacost)

3) oat seed (avena sativa) capsules 750mg (Action Labs)

((protein shake))

I'm thinking of taking 'Nature's Way Alive Ultra-Shake Soy Protein' (Vanilla). This seems to have many other beneficial nutrients and vitamins as well so I guess it will be good for overall health.

((massage))

I won't be taking teas because it's just too much for me to handle as I am living in a dorm. As for massage, I will follow some of the popular massage plans on this forum, such as Fengshui's or Tigerlily's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?
Please let me know if anything is lacking, if there is a better brand for capsules, and whether it is better to take whey protein or soy protein.

I have a few questions too:

1) I am taking some herbs in powder form, but how do I measure how much I'm taking? I'm ordering 4 oz of each herb but how do I know how much of the powder is 800mg, or 400mg or 1800mg?? Should I buy a scale?

2) Is it really necessary to take the herbs three times a day? How about twice a day?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP and I will post my progress once I start.

Good luck to you all! Smile Smile Smile

Hi beachgirl,

For powdered seeds, like fenugreek, a flat small teaspoon is 1,000 mg. A heaped teaspoon is 3,000 mg. Check the dose after you used one package. You can also empty your whole package of purchased powder in a kitchen pitcher with volume marks before use, just to check how many ml one kg is. Then you can use the spoons or lids or caps that have volume marks. They come with some medicines. I also use a letter scale to double check the weight of 10 or 20 doses.

I use each herb only once daily, except the teas. I only use goat's rue tea at the moment, three times a day. Use hops and oats at night, about one hour before bed time. Oats contain vitamin B6, which is sedative. You have to start hops at a low dose anyway. Only go to 1800 mg or more if you don't get depressed on it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon