Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Ladies who take BCP + BO

Ladies who take BCP + BO
June 6 2007 at 3:35 AM ccupwannabe (Login ccuplady)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so the basic question is:
Do BCPs interfere with NBE? I have read that certain herbs can reduce the effectiveness of BCPs in some instances, but this is about all I could get from doing a search on the forum. I'm not really interested in how BO effects BCP (from what I understand, BO does NOT affect BCPs), but I AM interested in whether taking BCPs will hurt my chances of growth.

I saw that KittyCharlette was having trouble growing on BO and stopped BCPs - then got soreness, I hope it translates into growth for her soon. But, I was wondering whether this is a personal thing or a generalized thing.

In general, should we avoid BCPs if we are trying to grow like mad?

I have been on BO for over a month and seen zero groth. Since I have acne and low temps, it does seem that an androgen issue is at work here. However, I cannot take even 160mg of Saw Palmetto a day without getting headaches, so that option is out.

After doing some research, it looks like low estrogen bcpills will help to block androgens. So - is this something I should pursue? My gyn has given me a script for Yaz. I wasn't taking it b/c I thought it would interfere with the BO and NBE, but, in my case, the androgens seem to be interfering (low temp, so no growth). So - would taking the Yaz actually help both the acne and the NBE?

What do you ladies think?

Author Reply
Envie
(no login) Same problem June 6 2007, 7:23 AM

I do have the same issue as you. I have terrible terrible acne, and despite taking L-T, my temps has refused to go up. I have been on BB for 4.5 months and no growth whatsoever. I went to see my doctor and was told that my hormones have gone wacko.Looks like the BB pills have loads of estrogen which are making me break out like hell.He therefore suggested that I take pills - precisely Diane 35 (anti-androgens),which will help clear my acne. My question too is if there will be adverse reactions to this i.e. messing up with boobies growth or making me have even more acne since I'm taking BB pills (with estrogen), then taking anti-androgens to counter-react this. Anybody with valuable information please help.

All this issues are starting to confuse me.

What is the advantage of Saw Palmetto?

Thanks all.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) BCP doesn't stop you growing boobs June 6 2007, 8:39 AM

I've grown from 35 and three quarters of an inch around the fullest part, to 38 inches since January. I've been on Birth Control the whole time. I have had no interference between the herbs and my BCP. I've now been taking BO for over 3 weeks and can report no problems either than slight nausea.

I think that girls with high androgen probably benefits from being on BCP since it stops the androgen level from getting too high.

ccupwannabe
(Login ccuplady) Re: Ladies who take BCP + BO June 7 2007, 2:40 AM

Saw Palmetto is a natural androgen blocker. I think you have to take a lot - like 3+ grams a day (but don't take my word - ask Wen on the other board, she knows). Anyway, I can't even tolerate 160 measly mg!!! Headaches right away. Did you tell your doc about the BO? What did he say? I am afraid that anti-androgen meds will be too strong. From what I have read they do best in conjunction with bcp anyway, so I am going to try bcp first. I think I'll start Yaz with my next period. I feel like I am just flushing money down the drain with these pills and I'm seeing NO growth!!!

Anyone with info on this it would be SO much appreciated. THanks!

ccupwannabe
(Login ccuplady) Re: Ladies who take BCP + BO June 7 2007, 2:41 AM

Oh, and Fennel, thanks for the response!
Smile

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: Ladies who take BCP + BO June 21 2007, 2:11 AM

Fennel Fairy - what kind of bcp were/are you taking? are they mixed hormone or just one? and did you ever get any spotting in between periods?

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Ladies who take BCP + BO June 21 2007, 7:21 AM

My BCP are called Cileste. They are a combination pill (both estrogen and progesterone) but I have no idea how well they suit those with high androgen levels since I didn't have a problem with that. I just take them for birth control. :-)I have never had any spotting and my periods are VERY light these days which is nice.

But in general, I think girls on BCP do well growthwise as far as I have seen reported here on the boards.

Birth Control questions - help?1?!?!?!?
August 23 2007 at 3:46 AM
IttyB (Login IttyBittyTitty)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ladies,

Couple of questions...

1. Does BO negate, or diminish, the effectiveness of birth control? I know this has been addressed somewhat but I can't find a whole lot of answers from women on both BO and combination BC pills. What's anyone's experience?

2. Is it possible for a non-pubescent woman to grow breasts when she is no longer ovulating because of being on BCP?

3. When I'm not on BO my acne is minimal. On BO, however, it can be awful! Does anyone know if being on BCP while also BO will make the acne better (than when I had natural cycles)?

thank you in advance ladies!!! Just in case, I'm on Yaz BCP and taking 1000 mg of BO daily (with Kelp). I was on 1500 mg BO before but I went down because 1) got a lot of pains right away but no more after 1.5 months so it might have been too strong and 2) Acne was nuts and was driving me insane.

-- IttyB

Author Reply
Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Birth Control questions - help?1?!?!?!? August 23 2007, 9:10 AM

1. Does BO negate, or diminish, the effectiveness of birth control?

Answer: It shouldn't interfere with the BC pill. I have been on BCP the whole time and it hasn't been a problem.

2. Is it possible for a non-pubescent woman to grow breasts when she is no longer ovulating because of being on BCP?

Answer: I have gone from size 36A to 36C without ovulating. As stated above, I'm on the combination pill.

3. When I'm not on BO my acne is minimal. On BO, however, it can be awful! Does anyone know if being on BCP while also BO will make the acne better (than when I had natural cycles)?

Answer: This must be up to the individual. I am blessed with perfect skin but initially when I started NBE I got a few spots. It got back to normal after a few weeks though.
Aacne can occur for so many different reasons you know.

Quote: I was on 1500 mg BO before but I went down because 1) got a lot of pains right away but no more after 1.5 months so it might have been too strong /end of Quote.

If you got pains in your breasts on 1500 mg, then that was the right dose for you to grow.

Edit Message Delete Message

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: Birth Control questions - help?1?!?!?!? August 23 2007, 1:47 PM

I'm also on a mixed bcp and DNE BO and BB didn't interfere with my pills. However, when I stopped BB due to nausea I did get very very very minimal spotting the morning after I stopped, but then it went away and I'm fine. I'm also on Yaz bcp.

However, I can't be of use to you for growth because I'm having trouble taking BO. Sad

IttyB
(no login) Re: Birth Control questions - help?1?!?!?!? August 23 2007, 5:44 PM

Thanks ladies!!!! That was so helpful. Of course more input is always welcome. :-)

IttyB

BCP and PO or BO???
December 21 2007 at 5:46 PM Snowflake (no login)

This is probably in the forum somewhere and i have missed it and can't find it, but anyway question is, who is taking BCP and PO at the same time. What dosage is your BCP? And how does that compare to the amount of mgs that we take of PO? Its been over 20 years since I took BCP and don't even remember the dosage or the brand, its probably changed so much since then. Would appreciate input on this cause I am just curious as to how much PO I am taking in comparison to someone taking the pill, if it is even possible to compare? I did look through this forum and didn't really find any info regarding dosages of BCP.

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: BCP and PO or BO??? December 27 2007, 8:33 AM

My BCP contains 35 micrograms of etinylestradiol. I have no idea if you can find out the hormonal levels of the Ovary product though. I took my BCP all through my NBE program.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon