Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Flax Seeds

Hi
Not sure if this is just in the UK, but are flax seeds also known as linseed?
I am not allowed to take herbs due to permanent medication I am taking, so just wondered if anybody knows if these are okay for me to take? I think they will be, because they are just seeds, but not sure if they are classed as a herb.
And is any growth permanent by taking flax seeds.
Also, how much should you take a day (and do you just sprinkle on cereal or can you eat it on its own).

Hi djt-d,

Linseed are flax seed. It contains phyto-estrogens that digest to estradiol. So don't take it if you have medication or a disease that is affected by estrogens.

I have done three experiments with flax over the past four months, and I still don't know what to think of it. It does help in NBE, yes: both Ginie and I had growth on it. It has enough anti-androgen to prevent break outs too. But the negative effect on libido? I'm not sure.

You can safely take up to 25% of your calorie intake from flax. But a tablespoon over breakfast cereals will do.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon