Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Kelp questions

Kelp dosages
October 19 2007 at 5:20 AM Scorpio41 (Login scorpio41)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I am just about to start taking DNE Porcine ovary and I am planning to take kelp & L-Tyrosine as I am always cold. My thyroid blood tests always come back within the normal range but I do have a goitre and I am always cold along with a few other minor symptoms of low thyroid. I have been looking at some of the program pages eg. Michelle and Fennel, but can't seem to find a recommended dosage for kelp.Can someone please advise how much they are taking as some dosages are in mg's and some in mcg's and I'm getting confused !!!

(.)(.)

Author Reply

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp dosages October 19 2007, 5:03 PM

HI,Kelp is always in mcg never in mg.When written in mg it would be a writing mistakeSmile you can take from 400 mcg to 600 mcg maximum.Don't overdose that.
Good Luck!

Scorpio41
(Login scorpio41)
SENIOR MEMBER RE: Kelp dosages October 21 2007, 9:49 AM

Hi Sandy, thanks for reply. Have been checking out some kelp in health food stores and they seem to be in mg here, but I just realised that maybe I should be looking just at the iodine component of the pills which is always in mcg and would fall into the right range, if that's the case then I know what to get now. Thanks for the info. I have been dowsing and get 1500mg porcine ovary, 2500 mg L-Tyrosine and 500mcg Kelp per day, does this sound pretty right?

(.)(.)

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp dosages October 21 2007, 12:22 PM

yes,the dosages are reasonable.Good luck with your program

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp dosages October 26 2007, 11:13 PM

my bottle of kelp says: 660mg (yes mg), iron 390mcg, iodine is 400mcg. so it is the iodine that I need to be concerned with?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp dosages October 26 2007, 11:33 PM

Yes the iodine is what is important.It is always in mcg and don't take more than 600 mcg per day.Good luck

Kelp questions
May 28 2007 at 1:39 PM IttyB (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all,

Got my kelp yesterday and took 450 mg, yay! A couple hours later I was out like a light--does kelp make you tired? I have a hunch that I may be keeping a cold at bay and that's sapping my energy.....but has kelp ever made anyone here tired?

Also, how long does it take kelp to get your temperature up? And do you take it spread out through the day or is it ok to take it once a day?

Thanks!

Author Reply

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp questions May 28 2007, 8:39 PM

Hi,could u check again if it is in mg or mcg? because i take around 500 mcg!! Mg is too much. it usualy takes 2 to 3 days max to take ur temp up. i take mine twice a day with 6 hours intervals. i took it also 3 times earlier,but i don't need to anymore. Good luck

IttyB
(no login) Re: Kelp questions May 28 2007, 9:38 PM

Hey Sandy,

Oops, yes, mcg! Only 450 mcg a day. I took it all at once for the first time yesterday. My basal this morning was extremely low (96.8) but I've checked it a couple times during the day today and it's been around 98.9! Woohoo! When I've been checking it during the day these past weeks it's never once been higher than 97.5, even after exercise. So you think it's kicked in that fast? I wonder if my basal will start coming up now...

IttyB

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Kelp questions May 29 2007, 8:08 AM

That is great news!! But it is better if u can split it into 2 doses.since mine is 225mcg and i asked the online service how many i can take per day,she told me 3 times but there should be 6 hours interval between them..so u might want to split that into two with 6 hours interval between them.Just a thoughtSmile

Is L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp necessary with BO?
July 26 2007 at 9:51 PM Kitty (Login Kittyluv09)

I just ordered DNE BO at the beginning of the week and I was wondering if L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp supplements were absolutely necessary while taking BO?

Has anyone had growth with taking just BO without any other supplements or herbs?

and also, if its good to take one or the other, which one should I buy and how much of it should I take? I was searching through this forum but I couldn't exactly find the answers I was looking for so if anyone could help me out that'd be awesome.

Author Reply
Lisa
(no login) Re: Is L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp necessary with BO? July 27 2007, 12:07 AM

I think these are necessary if you have an issue with low body temperature, no matter which method of NBE you're on.

Question about temp!
May 13 2007 at 3:21 PM
IttyB (Login IttyBittyTitty)

Hello wise ladies,

Was wondering....would taking cayenne pepper be just as good as kelp/iodine/l-tyrosine for raising temperature? Has anyone tried this?

And what are the desired ranged for temperatures while taking BO? I'm assuming they're not your waking temperatures, but your temperature after you've been up and at 'em for a while, right?

Please help!

IttyB

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) cayenne May 13 2007, 3:43 PM

I would like to know about the cayenne also, but have you ever tried it? I don't know if it is just me, but that stuff gives me bad heartburn. I take it in capsule form, and when it opens in my stomach it burns! burns coming out the other end too. ouch. tmi.

Edit Message Delete Message

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Question about temp! May 13 2007, 4:55 PM

IttyB, I read where you are going to start BO, good luck I hope it works for you! Have your ordered from DNE yet? It's been taking forever to get orders, but they may be stocked up by now. It took me two weeks, and that was 4 months ago, before it caught on I think.

Your temp should be above 98, idealy 98.2-98.6. I have used cayenne pepper, and it did indeed raise my temp. I put it into food, or spread an english muffin with cream cheese and sprinked it on, folded over and eaten, anything to get it down. You can get pretty creative, I also have lifted up cheese on pizza and sprinked it under there. I like spicy, but need a buffer from that stuff and my mouth.

I took it in capsule form once, and almost passed out while driving when it opened in my stomach. I meant to try it again on a full stomach, but haven't yet. Today I started taking LT & kelp again. My temp is fine, but I grew better when I took it. -- Sissy

White Sheep
(Login IttyBittyTitty)
SENIOR MEMBER Thanks! May 13 2007, 6:02 PM

Hey ladies, thanks for the info! Lol, maybe I won't try the cayenne....I'm a little afraid of it exploding in my stomach, haha. I may not need it....gonna clear my system of the herbs then test my temp for a few days. No, I haven't ordered the BO yet but I will go ahead and do it since it seems to take a while. That should work out because I probably won't be ready for it yet anyway. I'm so excited though!!!!!!!!! :-)

Sissy
(no login) Re: Question about temp! May 14 2007, 12:00 AM

IttyB, I took it on an empty stomach, which wasn't really smart. I'm not sure what made me do it either, I was leaving work and popped one without thinking. Lot's of people take it without the bad effects that I had, and I think there are women here who take it in capsule form also with no problem. I think that the trick is to take it with food. Sorry if I scared you....

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) with food May 14 2007, 12:05 AM

I found it still pretty strong with food...but I think I could take some of the cayenne out of the capsule and start with a smaller dose, and ramp up...I think the body does get used to it.

seaweed vs kelp supplements
May 15 2008 at 4:07 AM sunshine (no login)

I feel really stupid asking this question but does anyone know if kelp supplements are the same thing as seaweed?

I read through the list of booby foods in past posts and saw seaweed listed. But eating seaweed and knowing how much is sufficient is tough to judge, and also hard for me to have in supply because of where I live. Do you guys know if kelp supplements are exactly the same thing? THANKS A BUNCH !!!

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: seaweed vs kelp supplements May 15 2008, 7:49 AM

Kelp is a seaweed but it's not the only plant which is classed as a seaweed.

how is kelp useful for NBE?
March 16 2007 at 12:01 AM lil dunny (Login lil_dunny)
i'm noticing quite a few people are taking it and would like to know.... how about other kinds of seaweed?

Kate
(Login Teresina)
Re: how is kelp useful for NBE?
March 16 2007, 12:11 AM

I take it because it's rich in iodine and helps to improve thyroid function. By extention, that would be good for BE. I also eat and take other seaweeds for their trace minerals.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
...been reading some old posts on kelp
September 9 2007, 8:44 PM

This seaweed question has come up before....any ideas on the usefulness of kelp? Is it just if you have hypothyroid? Is it form low body temp? In terms of NBE what is a low body temp?

Lisa
(no login)
Re: c
September 10 2007, 12:01 AM

Low body temp contributes to the breasts not being as receptive to NBE.

Lost Sheep
(no login)
Re: how is kelp useful for NBE?
September 10 2007, 1:55 AM

Kelp and low body temp is mostly just for NBE with BO because this method can be hindered by low body temps. A low temp is considered 98.1 and under. Optimal is 98.2 to 98.8. Normal body temp is 98.6, but everyone's different.

To Michelle / everyone taking KELP
January 15 2007 at 5:42 PM Moon (Login -Moon-)
Hello, I just added kelp to my routine and wanted to ask a couple of questions to everyone who is or was on it. Do you feel it has contributed to NBE? How long did it take to notice its effect? Did someone took it who had their thyroid function checked and the results said it was normal? That was my case, but I decided to take kelp anyway, because though I know my thyroid function isn't insufficient, I think it might be on the lower edge, cause I have pretty much all symptoms of low thyroid. Thanks!

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
Re: To Michelle / everyone taking KELP
January 15 2007, 5:54 PM

I think if you truly have an underactive thyroid, then kep would help. However, kelp is very strong, and it can over-stimulate the thyroid. I am taking it (mostly for my hair, not so much for NBE). I started with 2 kelp capsules per day, but felt a little off, so I am now down to 1 kelp pill every other day.

Good luck!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 15 2007, 6:10 PM

I also added kelp for hair too, besides NBE. The pills I have contain the daily recomended dose of iodine in one pill (150 mcg) and the recomended use on the box says 1 to 3 pills per day. I will take two for a short time and then one. I agree that one should be careful with kelp, as iodine itself stimulates thyroid and too fast metabolism isn't good either.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 15 2007, 6:11 PM

Oh, btw Corrie - what exactly do you mean by 'a little off', how did you feel??

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Sooo,,,
January 15 2007, 6:32 PM

Are you girls saying that Kelp speeds up metabalisim??? if so, would it speed it up enough to aid in weight loss. As you know some girls start a NBE program and first thing they notice is weight gain. Any thoughts???

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
And what about???
January 15 2007, 6:37 PM

taking Vitex and kelp together??? just started vitex on thursday,, still concerned that I may gain weight. 115 pounda is my ideal weight,, and have yet to loose the christmas pudge which is about 6 or 7 pounds,,, so really worried vitex may add new weight to my current and I really don't want that. Any thoughts or info would be great ladies!!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 15 2007, 6:40 PM

I think it could help weight loss, but thyroxine has so many functions that it's hard to say what the overall effect would be (unless it has been tried and proven which I'm not aware of). But thyroxine deffinitely antagonises insulin, which stimulates synthesis and deposition of fats. If that effect was really big it would result in loosing weight, but also from the boobs. For NBE I think it's better to take only so much that it raises your temperature, but not burn too much fats.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Hey Thanks!!
January 15 2007, 6:46 PM

Thanks Moon,, something to think about and keep in mind,, NBE mostly expands mammory glands and not necessarily contributes fat. So really is something to research. Thanks again.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
Hey Moon
January 15 2007, 8:19 PM

I would have to say for helping with my body temp, yes kelp has definitely helped with NBE for me. I usually only take 150mcg with each pill (so 3x day to equal 450mcg total), but yesterday morning I tried taking 300mcg to see if that would further help my temp and it did go up a little higher than usual and that was an hour after taking it. Usually my temp only goes up to about 98.1 and this time it went up to 98.4. I remember when I first started taking it, it took about 2wks for my temp to start going up. The last time I had blood work done to check everything including thyroid levels was a few months after I had my son...about 3yrs ago, so I don't know what it's like now. But, it was normal back then. I know bb has put in their instruction sheets before that even if we don't have low body temp it's still okay to take kelp. My bottle of kelp says the same thing also about taking 150mcg 2-3x a day. I've taking 450mcg for almost 11 months now with no problems (knock on wood Smile Along with using the serum I use, my hair has seemed to grow faster all these months so I'm sure it helps with that also. My mom and sister are always commenting about how fast my hair grows. And that was before I started using that bb growth serum. Hope it helps with your routine!

Breast blessings everyone!

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
January 15 2007, 8:33 PM

Michelle -- is your hair thicker and healthier too? Or just growing faster? I ordered the growth serum too, and I'm taking kelp, so hopefully this will all help!

As for feeling 'a little off,' it's just that I am very sensitive to things I put in my body, and with Kelp, it just felt really strong, right from the start. I felt kind of shaky and tingly from it. As soon as I lowered the dose, I felt fine. I want to use it to help with my hair, I just think I need to take small doses.

Good luck to everyone!

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hey corrie
January 15 2007, 9:01 PM

My hair is healthier and thicker now...the new growth that is. Cause my hair is a little past the middle of my back and I highlight my hair also...so the new growth that I've had the past few months is definitely thicker and much healthier looking than the rest of my hair. In fact, I'm always looking at the new healthier growth and wishing the rest of my hair looked like that. I'm trying to deep condition my hair at least once a week so that the old hair can look a little healthier. Massaging my scalp I'm sure helps also whenever I put the serum on. Good luck to you and hope the serum and kelp helps!!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 15 2007, 9:46 PM

Great, thanks everyone! I've been trying to grow my hair for the last 8 years and I never managed to get it past the middle of my back, the ends always got split and that's so annoying! I hope it grows nicer now and and I could sure do with a higher body temp for NBE too.

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
January 15 2007, 10:06 PM

Way to go Michelle! I hope my hair grows too. I think my boyfriend is more interested in long hair than big boobs, haha! Hopefully I'll have both soon!

Good luck to all!

Julie
(no login)
January 15 2007, 10:07 PM

Sea Kelp is great, I use it in liquid for and actually add it to my shampoos and conditioners. It's a great canvas base for makeup also.

Kelp and its Health benefits
March 7 2008 at 1:23 AM
may (Login Cselestyna)

kelp hasn't been mentioned very often in this forum, as it's mainly used only by those on bovine ovary, so here's some info on it and all the benefits it has.

Kelps correct mineral deficiencies.
A good protective food, valuable in overcoming poor digestion, preventing and overcoming goiter (because it is the richest source of iodine), and rebuilding and maintaining the proper function of all glands.
Reported to aid in brain development.
Offsets deficiencies of an inferior diet.
Kelp helps prevent osteoporosis.
Beneficial for those suffering from impotence, anemia and emaciation.
Helps to detoxify the body. Helps to increase metabolism.
May help in controlling obesity because it dissolves fatty wastes through the skin.
Seaweed bath helps maintain hormone balance for a more youthful body.

California kelp, Norwegian kelp, Nova Scotia dulse, and the European Irish moss are primarily useful for the trace minerals they contain. (California kelp is not as nutritionally good as the others.)

This seaweed provides an abundance of natural iodine which is missing from much of the soil on the continents. In addition to their nutritive value, when eaten, the seaweed absorbs waste from the body fluids, binds with poison, and carries them off. A factor, called sodium alginate, in kelp binds with radioactive strontium-90 in the intestines and carries it out of the body.

Kelp is used for hyperthyroidism and general thyroid health — Japanese studies have shown that the high iodine value in kelp assists with healthy thyroid function and is therefore an effective treatment for hyperthyroidism.

Research has also shown that kelp is a good antioxidant, diuretic and endocrine tonic and cultural studies relating to the dietary consumption of kelp have shown it to lower the rate of breast cancer, heart disease, rheumatism, arthritis and infectious diseases.

Kelp also provides nutritional support to the nervous system and heart in the form of iodine, vitamins, minerals and cell salts.

Kelp may be taken in tablet form as a dietary supplement or as a tea infusion. To make kelp tea, add 2-3 teaspoonfuls of the dried herb in a cup of boiling water, and leave to steep for 10 minutes. Drink three times a day. Powdered kelp can also be added to most dishes or sprinkled over soups and salads.

Cautions: Excessive dosages of kelp may induce hyperthyroidism.

But Why Kelp? Have Particular Benefits Been Recorded from Taking Seaweed or Kelp Supplements?

The super-nutritional composition of kelp assists the body in its own healing process, working holistically. Kelp and seaweed supplements are found to create a number of positive benefits in the human body, including a curative influence on diseases. These include tuberculosis, colds, influenza, arthritis, heart disease, cancer, thyroid problems, and high cholesterol. Kelp is said to aid weight loss by reducing food cravings, and kelp can help women battling the menopause. It can relieve digestive disorders, trapped wind, and chronic constipation. Kelp is also active in improving the scalp and hair growth. Homeopaths have known about kelp and seaweed for over a century for their detoxifying weight-loss benefits.

What are the Main Health-Giving Properties of Kelp?

Over 70 minerals and trace elements are contained in kelp and some other species of seaweed. Kelp's most obvious and prevalent mineral is iodine, as kelp comes from the sea and so does iodine. Iodine helps to regulate the thyroid gland by stabilizing thyroid hormone production. In turn these aid cellular metabolism, regulate metabolic rate, and maintain the strength of connective tissue.

Kelp is thought to have detoxifying properties and has been used in this way to combat cellulite, the lumpy fat found on many women’s' thighs. Better skin and hair results from the consumption of kelp and seaweed.

Do Kelp and Other Seaweed have any Other Claims to Fame?

Indeed they do. Kelp and seaweed are the most protective natural resources against radiation and environmental pollution, particularly heavy metals.

How Does Kelp Work?

At a cellular level. The micro-nutrients and elements in kelp nourish the mitochondria, where cells manufacture the energy needed for cell function. Hence kelp has energy and life-giving properties. The nourishment in kelp maintains the cell membranes in their structure and function. Kelp also contains antioxidants which fight cancer and degenerative diseases associated with aging, and anti-inflammatory micronutrients which help fight inflammatory disease in the cells of the body.

northernmom
(no login) Re: Kelp and its Health benefits March 7 2008, 1:57 AM

That was an amazing wealth of information on kelp! Thank you so much.
Kelp has been discussed before but I agree that it's not getting the attention it deserves for NBE. In asia, kelp is given to lactating mothers to produce milk and really, it workers wonders!
I dont take kelp pills but it is one of the boobie foods that i really like; I make soup with it...

Question for Chelle Choi
November 30 2006 at 12:44 AM Boobies06 (Login boobies06)

I noticed you had Kelp in your personal program. Just wondering if you could explain how kelp would help. Does it have phytoestrogens?

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hi boobies06 November 30 2006, 5:18 AM

I use kelp in my program to help regulate my low body temperature. Being on bovine ovary pills for NBE my temp needs to stay between 98.1-98.6 and mine usually runs low. So the kelp helps with low body temperature, along with the l-tyrosine I take. Here are some other benefits of kelp:

*essential in the formation of thyroid hormone
*helps guide estrogen into friendly pathways that support proper function of female sex hormones.
*Kelp can help to increase energy levels
*Improve liver function
*Fight against heart disease and cancer
*Kelp has been used to treat thyroid problems due to the iodine in kelp which helps under active thyroids which is due to the lack of iodine.
*Helps with poor digestion, flatulence and constipation.
*Kelp helps to lower cholesterol levels
*Kelp helps to maintain the health of the mucous membranes
*Kelp can be used to help reduce hair loss.
*Kelp has been shown to help alleviate arthritis pain
*Boost immunity

Good luck to you and everyone!! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon