Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

L-Tyrosine

L-Tyrosine
July 30 2007 at 4:56 PM waxingmoon (Login waxingmoon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was doing some research and came across this article that I thought was particularly helpful.

http://www.raysahelian.com/tyrosine.html

It does not talk about use of L-Tyrosine for increasing body temp, but I thought it did shed some light on some important side effects to keep in mind. The bottom of the page of that article had some great Q&A.

I was researching this as I was looking for a way to increase my body temp. I did a search on this forum because I know that low body temp can be a problem when using BO. I found recommendations for use of L-Tyrosine at levels from 1000 - 1500 mg per day. However, according to this article, anything above 200mg can cause side effects such as rapid heartbeat and insomnia.

Those who have low body temp are more likely to have thyroid problems and those with thyroid conditions are more likely to have a benign heart condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP). This condition can cause minor heart palpitations and is associated with a higher risk of anxiety attacks. If you mix all this together then you have a recipe for distress. A person who is prone to heart palpitations and anxiety attacks taking L-Tyrosine above 200mg could make themselves temporarily miserable.

Just thought I would mention this and hopefully help someone avoid a bad episode.

waxingmoon

TO FAWN
May 16 2007 at 7:04 PM
Sandy (Login sandy111)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI fawn,
please could u inform me on how much approximately in mg do we need to consume L-arginine and L-ornithine? I looked at GNC's product and they have high doses,I think these are for serious athletes.So for good growth hormone release in BO,how much do we need? Thanks a lot

Author Reply
Fawn
(Login fawnmarie) Re: TO FAWN May 23 2007, 2:37 AM

I've heard of body builders using 7-15 grams, but for growth hormone release 1-3 grams should be enough. That's 1000 - 3000 mgs.

I like the Life Extension Brand Sugarfree Powermaker, because you can get a good high dose with a small amount and it tastes okay. It's a lot cheaper in the long run than capsules, especially since most of the caps are only 500 mgs.

Email me if you need a link.

Is L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp necessary with BO?
July 26 2007 at 9:51 PM Kitty (Login Kittyluv09)

I just ordered DNE BO at the beginning of the week and I was wondering if L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp supplements were absolutely necessary while taking BO?

Has anyone had growth with taking just BO without any other supplements or herbs?

and also, if its good to take one or the other, which one should I buy and how much of it should I take? I was searching through this forum but I couldn't exactly find the answers I was looking for so if anyone could help me out that'd be awesome.

Author Reply
Lisa
(no login) Re: Is L-Tyrosine and/or Kelp necessary with BO? July 27 2007, 12:07 AM

I think these are necessary if you have an issue with low body temperature, no matter which method of NBE you're on.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon