Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mood problems?

So I've been on PM (ainterol) for a month or two and I love it so far, but I've got a couple of issues.

The biggest issue is that WHILE I'm taking PM I'm always in a wonderful mood (which really isn't an issue at all!!), but when I get off of it after taking it for about two weeks, my mood drops to a point where I get extremely moody and upset by the smallest things. Normally I'd chalk it all up to PMS, but I feel it does have something to do with not being on the PM.

In a nutshell, is PM supposed to affect mood like this?

If anyone has any input about this, I'd love to hear it.

I am having the same issue! My boyfriend and I have agreed that i'm temporarily nutz! poor guy! I decided to take PM through the whole thing after trying to cycle the hormones, I'm also on Birth control. I think i read some where that if you don't ovulate (i believe that includes being on BC???) then you don't have to worry about cycling the hormones. I know attempting to cycle is what effected my mood, we will see with my next cycle if taking PM through the whole thing helps.

I hope some one can answer your question!!!

Hi guys!

I've been on PM for three months going on 4, and I think I can help you:

@amberd88 - I am also on BC, and I don't think you should cycle (I don't). You don't need to because you are not trying to regulate ovulation, and since you're not ovulating, you're not experiencing a normal drop in hormones each month. So it's unnecessary. I've been not cycling for months with no ill effects, so it should be perfectly fine. Just make sure you're feeling ok.

@Bela - I decided once to cleanse my system for 5 days. I stopped my BC and my PM, and it was the worst. My mood was crap, I cried at everything, and I could not stop the headaches. My feeling is that when you cycle, and then you have your P, your hormones drop SO LOW, that there's bound to be issues with mood, maybe breakouts, etc. Basically, it's the combined loss of estrogen from the PM AND your period. Are you taking other herbs when you aren't on PM? Make sure you do, otherwise, you're just dropping out of the estrogen zone completely.

And the fact that your moods are great ON PM (like me) suggests that you need the extra estrogen. Smile

PM also increases dopamine. Stopping it may cause withdrawal symptoms in some people, not unlike those experienced by alcoholics or heroin addicts. So far, Karen is the only one to report real withdrawal issues after stopping cold turkey from a high dose.

(22-10-2011, 07:19 PM)idreamofD Wrote:  @Bela - I decided once to cleanse my system for 5 days. I stopped my BC and my PM, and it was the worst. My mood was crap, I cried at everything, and I could not stop the headaches. My feeling is that when you cycle, and then you have your P, your hormones drop SO LOW, that there's bound to be issues with mood, maybe breakouts, etc. Basically, it's the combined loss of estrogen from the PM AND your period. Are you taking other herbs when you aren't on PM? Make sure you do, otherwise, you're just dropping out of the estrogen zone completely.

And the fact that your moods are great ON PM (like me) suggests that you need the extra estrogen. Smile

The only herb I take continuously throughout the month is wild yam. Would you suggest taking a lower dose of PM (500mg? less?) or another estrogenic herb while cycling off?

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!! There is so much to this it gets confusing for newbies!! Big Grin

@Bela - As far as I know, yam is not enough. Isabelle knows a ton about this, but I'm pretty sure if you're cycling, you need to take fennel, fenugreek, hops, etc... If you look at some of the PM programs, you'll see what people are using to keep estrogen up.

@amber - it's true!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon