Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Heavy period + vitex

Good morning!

I have been taking PM and aquaje (a pill that contains both) for my BE routine. I noticed that my last period after I started, I had a very heavy, painful flow, more than usual.

Normally I have excess androgens. I know that estrogen dominance is best for BE. However, I've read that heavy periods can be caused by excess estrogen building up the uterus lining, and that progesterone is like a "lawn mower" to the lining, easing the period. So I started taking vitex as well, because the last period was just really bad.

Am I sabotaging myself by doing taking the vitex?

Thanks Smile

Estrogen is good for BE, but only in the presence of progesterone. Estrogen dominance and the resulting estrogen insensitivity is not good for BE. The vitex should help both goals from increased progesterone, even though it decreases estrogen. Try 40-125 mg (125 is fine, but no more). You can take saw palmetto to reduce excess androgens.

(17-10-2011, 02:11 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Estrogen is good for BE, but only in the presence of progesterone. Estrogen dominance and the resulting estrogen insensitivity is not good for BE. The vitex should help both goals from increased progesterone, even though it decreases estrogen. Try 40-125 mg (125 is fine, but no more). You can take saw palmetto to reduce excess androgens.

Thanks so much for your help! Big Grin

How long has it been since your last period? I had missed mine by nearly 40 days before using Vitex to bring it on. I bled for 9 days. I continue to take vitex regularly and now AF is on time every month and usually lasts 4 days.

pherazone

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon