Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek and low energy

Hey all,

Ok I have been trying to regulate my hormones and symptoms.. Well I went off FG, SP, PM.. I have been taking maca for a go week or so almost 2 weeks I think, anyway I have been off FG for a least 2 wks and PM for about 1 wk and SP about 1 wk also.. well last night I took a PM and this morning felt fine, oh since being off these my symptoms and gone and everything is good until today I decided to take a FG(to see if this is what was making me feel tired) around 1 this afternoon, around 3 I was feeling tired and woke up with a sugary taste in my mouth like I ate way too much carbs and I havent..well I thought back when taking FG this is why I was always tired.. so I have decided not to take it anymore except for what is in my tita cream.. I hate the way it makes me feel.. I also feel shakey from it too.. anyone else feel this way too..I am thinking of giving my FG away or try and make a tita batter aaagggain...last time I make one it was a joke..so that is it with taking FG..so far maca has been making me feel great and I am going to take PM every other day til the period starts.. but I will have to say my teas I product (see the thread beachbumbythesea's progrom for exactly what is in it) and these teas have been making me feel great..it has helped my symptoms excellent..I was doing great til the FG..sorry for ramblingBlush

Hi Susan,

I'm still taking fenugreek, but added goat's rue instead of going up in fenugreek. Fenugreek and goat's rue both increase insulin sensitivity, but the difference is that fenugreek shoots insulin into your blood stream immediately after taking it, and goat's rue does not. I never felt the sweet taste, but I did see black before my eyes after taking fenugreek.

OK thank you Isabelle then it just isnt me with the tiredness..woooo..wait a second I never read clearly or I guess understood clearly how FG effects insulin, so you have been saying insulin sensitive, so from what I get from it I am insulin sensitive which means it can go up or down.. If that is the case then duhhhh!!! to me for taking it..Big Grin

I think FG made me tired too. I'm prone to sleepiness and low energy (Dodgy), and I did feel even more groggy. I couldn't shake it off, even with my dexedrine. So I may start taking FG at night or switch to goats rue.

And I don't know much about my insulin (or insulin in general Huh), so I'm not sure if this is what you mean when you say insulin sensitivity, but I've been craving sweets and carbs through out the day! REALLY abnormal for me. I'm also a coffee drinker, and suddenly, I can do with out. I drink half a cup because I am coffee dependent (no coffee= headaches- yikes). But I don't feel any coffee urges which is like, a slap in the face to my family and culture. LOL. May be unrelated, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I'm experiencing the same!

Groggy all day, and when I do sleep I'm out like a log. Another coffee dependent here like im_a_girl, and omg I went without coffee this morning! Been craving carbs and sweets too but I resisted (caved and had two squares of chocolate)!

(06-10-2011, 08:18 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Susan,

I'm still taking fenugreek, but added goat's rue instead of going up in fenugreek. Fenugreek and goat's rue both increase insulin sensitivity, but the difference is that fenugreek shoots insulin into your blood stream immediately after taking it, and goat's rue does not. I never felt the sweet taste, but I did see black before my eyes after taking fenugreek.

Hey Isabelle you said you seen black before your eyes..for real..I am thinking your blood preasure dropped...hey that is why we feel tired...duh..light blub came on.. I just thought if that is what makes us tired from BP dropping then add licorice to the mix..hmmmBlush what do you think Isabelle.. does that make sense..

Don't know. I have licorice tea here: could try it out.

Hey I wrote in the other thread that maybe the tireness is from a drop in sugar too..hmmm

It by itself made me tired. I would steep the seeds and drink it. Now I just use it in my bustea,only a non rounded,level teaspoon.....much better.

(04-11-2011, 07:22 PM)Mel C Wrote:  It by itself made me tired. I would steep the seeds and drink it. Now I just use it in my bustea,only a non rounded,level teaspoon.....much better.

Hi Mel C,

so are you saying you drink it as a tea or add it to a tita cream and massage..not sure what bustea isRolleyes

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon