Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

WHICH SUPPLEMENTS (no herbs) DO YOU TAKE?

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday Smile

So Winter is coming where I live (Barcelona) and even though I like to get all my nutrients from food, this season of the year gets complicated to me : work, study, cold...etc

I was wondering if taking supplements would help me to 'survive' to the next coming months so , do you take supplements? which ones? and why?

I take protein , glutamine and colostrum for gym purposes : protein at breakfast and as a snack,glutamine during and after workouts and colostrum when I am with my period for feeling better. Colostrum has lots of properties!

I am thinking in MSM to boost joint function ,EPO for menstrual cramps  and multivitamin for two months. 

So again, what do you take and why? Blush

Hi SweetOrange!
AH yes winter is coming here to Virginia, in the USA too.
All gone are the fresh veggies, and warming sun. Sad

I have a few years on you, so our needs might be a bit different, but I take a multivitamin, once a day, A probiotic, Calcium, and am a new convert to MSM (about 2g per day).
As for the MSM, I was having aches from my lower back to my feet, mostly when I woke up in the night or morning. Sometimes they would work them selves out during the day.
I went to a physical therapist and he told me to take an anti-inflammatory before bed and it would work through the night and relieve my morning aches.
At this same time I happened to run across an article on MSM and decided to try it.

I got just the cheap Walmart brand, but I was blown away!
All the aches are gone and I jump out of bed now!
The stuff is amazing.
Bobbi

Hey sweet orange. 
Well, I like msm, my boobs feels fuller and it’s perfect for my work-outs. 
I also like milk proteins (like you, I work-out) 
And then... panax ginseng! It helps to mantain my mind clear, it’s good if u need to study but want avoid the excess of caffeinated drinks. 
Also green tea is a good choice.

Atm I take nothing. Body needs a cleanse and I am saving up for a new bunch off supplements I dont even know which, but I always love messing around with..pills...lol.
But I had/have these in my cabinet:

Biotin, hairgrowth, estrogen boost is said
Magnesium
Msm OFCOURSE bc its just great.
Zinc (i took lots off minerals bc I had suffered from extreme bloodflow, which is over now)
Avena sativa, to remain calm, has other benefits too
Borage oil
Silicea, for hairgrowth and other benefits
Multivitamin
Gingko biloba
Vitamin c
Vitamin d, bc everyb ody should
Collagen, it was a present lol
Vitamin b, bloodloss, hairgrowth
Silidyn, mineral complex
Glucosamine for digestive organs
I took resveratol and quercitine, for vein health

And i eat healthy Smile 

Hippocrates said let food be our medicine and let medicine be our food. Cant agree more with that man. He was far ahead of his time..

(20-10-2018, 06:39 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Hi SweetOrange!
AH yes winter is coming here to Virginia, in the USA too.
All gone are the fresh veggies, and warming sun. Sad

I have a few years on you, so our needs might be a bit different, but I take a multivitamin, once a day, A probiotic, Calcium, and am a new convert to MSM (about 2g per day).
As for the MSM, I was having aches from my lower back to my feet, mostly when I woke up in the night or morning. Sometimes they would work them selves out during the day.
I went to a physical therapist and he told me to take an anti-inflammatory before bed and it would work through the night and relieve my morning aches.
At this same time I happened to run across an article on MSM and decided to try it.

I got just the cheap Walmart brand, but I was blown away!
All the aches are gone and I jump out of bed now!
The stuff is amazing.
Bobbi

Aw you're so lucky to live in Virginia! I lived there for 3 months and it's beautiful  Tongue

OMG MSM is good for back pain?!! 
I will have to get as soon as possible, I suffer from back pain since I was a child!!

(21-10-2018, 09:02 AM)Cely Wrote:  Hey sweet orange. 
Well, I like msm, my boobs feels fuller and it’s perfect for my work-outs. 
I also like milk proteins (like you, I work-out) 
And then... panax ginseng! It helps to mantain my mind clear, it’s good if u need to study but want avoid the excess of caffeinated drinks. 
Also green tea is a good choice.

Hey Cely! if you do like workout I'd suggest to to invest on glutamine or BCAA'S since are good for exercise but NBE as well ! Amino acids are essential

Sweet O I think il start up colostrum again cause my guts been playing up.

Other than that Moringa when I remember and they say bee pollen is a complete source of nutrients. 

I personally take Pure Synergy’s Womens multi cause it’s wholefood and has a women’s balancing component, heart health etc.

Probiotic of course and gelatin when I remember. 
Cod liver oil 
D’3 with K2

I don't take many, other than vegan collagen pills to (hopefully) slow down aging. 

I take a pea protein powder twice a day to assist in building girly muscle. 

I used to take vitamins, but I haven't bothered with them in years. Once in a while, I experiment with taking apple cider vinegar with my meals, as it is said to help with digestion, but it doesn't seem to do that for me.

Edited to add I also take magnesium pills everyday, as they help to keep me regular, since I have issues in that department.

Moringa
Inch inca oil
Coconut oil
Acv infused with chilli, raw honey as tea first thing in morning
Amchoor as a tea
Dandy chia tea
Atleast 1/4 cup of raw seed/nut mix daily
Water and herbal teas

(24-10-2018, 02:28 PM)hannah Wrote:  Atm I take nothing. Body needs a cleanse and I am saving up for a new bunch off supplements I dont even know which, but I always love messing around with..pills...lol.
But I had/have these in my cabinet:

Biotin, hairgrowth, estrogen boost is said
Magnesium
Msm OFCOURSE bc its just great.
Zinc (i took lots off minerals bc I had suffered from extreme bloodflow, which is over now)
Avena sativa, to remain calm, has other benefits too
Borage oil
Silicea, for hairgrowth and other benefits
Multivitamin
Gingko biloba
Vitamin c
Vitamin d, bc everyb ody should
Collagen, it was a present lol
Vitamin b, bloodloss, hairgrowth
Silidyn, mineral complex
Glucosamine for digestive organs
I took resveratol and quercitine, for vein health

And i eat healthy Smile 

Hippocrates said let food be our medicine and let medicine be our food. Cant agree more with that man. He was far ahead of his time..

Hannah, what about Magnesium? Have you felt the benefits? 

I read somewhere Magnesium is good for muscle contractures ...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon