Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone else here take ADHD meds?

Rainbow 

Wondering if anyone else her takes psychostimulant medication for ADHD? (I.e amphetamine based molecules) and wondering its effects on NBE??

I notice that when I have breaks from ADHD medication i observe more dramatic swelling than when I do take my medication.

You could look into EEG biofeedback to fix the brain so that you can get off of them. I have experience with this program (for something other than ADHD). Click on find a provider.

(02-05-2016, 01:48 AM)Candace Wrote:  You could look into EEG biofeedback to fix the brain so that you can get off of them. I have experience with this program (for something other than ADHD). Click on find a provider.

Hey, thanks for that link Candace. I actually have a few of the things on the list of things they can treat with EEG. Including what the OP is dealing with, though I'm only ADD, and don't honestly even believe in the "Hyperactivity" part, IMO, that's just trying to medicate the result of a combination of kids being kids and too much sugar in their diet. Rather than eliminate the sugars and for the rest of it, let kids be kids.

Anyways, I used to be at times hyperactive and at times hyper depressed and lethargic, I was officially diagnosed ADHD, but as I said, I've never believed that crap about hyperactivity. I've also been officially diagnosed as "likely" to be Aspergers, but in that case I don't disbelieve in the notion itself, but only in my diagnosis. My symptoms align more with a variety of other different disorders all stemming from the original problem of being trans and suffering severe dysphoria from it.

My mother pushed for the Aspy diagnosis since I was still under her thumb at the time and I got stuck with it because whoever she took me to either wanted to make that diagnosis and she just took me to someone who wanted to make that diagnosis, or couldn't fight my mother's highly persuasive nature. Either way, they officially fall under my quack book, which they already HAD, since they were a psychiatrist, they just confirmed by pre-bias by diagnosing me something I'm not.

If I ever get insurance I think I'll be asking my psychologist about it, there's an EEG treatment provider in my city already, so as long as I can get access financially, I already have ready access physically.

My meds for mental health gave me mental and physical help for NBE. Before depression anxiety and bipolar were treated I had a flat chest. Then the meds helped me discover the real me. Also 160 pounds lost. Then some swelling and desires for more.

(02-05-2016, 05:21 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  My meds for mental health gave me mental and physical help for NBE. Before depression anxiety and bipolar were treated I had a flat chest. Then the meds helped me discover the real me. Also, 160 pounds lost. Then some swelling and desires for more.

what medication was that?
I've noticed a substantial increase in my breast size when i was on anti-psychotic Seroquel... but I would never ever recommend that to anyone! made me feel like a zombie. Would I assume the increases in adrenaline and cortisol bestowed by amphetamine would hinder any NBE? I'm unsure. I appear to have stalled around 39-40 inches.

I'm currently researching the link between antidepressant fluoxetine and the actions this molecule influences on allopreneglalone, which is a byproduct of progesterone, and the relationship between NBE.

Dopamine and prolactin oppose each other. Antipsychotics inhibit dopamine receptors, so prolactin would be dis-inhibited by them.

Dopamine as a Prolactin (PRL) Inhibitor
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1....22.6.0451

Dopamine binds to type-2 dopamine receptors that are functionally linked to membrane channels and G proteins and suppresses the high intrinsic secretory activity of the pituitary lactotrophs. In addition to inhibiting PRL release by controlling calcium fluxes, dopamine activates several interacting intracellular signaling pathways and suppresses PRL gene expression and lactotroph proliferation.

The critical role of calcium in exocytosis, termed the“ stimulus-secretion coupling” hypothesis, has been long recognized. Calcium is central to all aspects of exocytosis, including rapid fusion and unloading of the vesicles as well as recruitment and translocation of loaded vesicles. Resting levels of cytoplasmic calcium within the neuron are approximately 0.1 μm and can rise to 5–10μ m upon arrival of action potentials (19). Calcium influx occurs through voltage-gated calcium channels and leads to fusion of the synaptic vesicles with the plasma membrane and release of their content to the extracellular space. This is a much faster process than the relatively slow release of peptide or protein hormones from endocrine cells. - See more at: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1...cduVf.dpuf

Protein-protein interactions in neurotransmitter release.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10683521/

The arrival of a nerve impulse at a nerve terminal leads to the opening of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels and a rapid influx of Ca(2+). The increase in Ca(2+) concentration at the active zone from the basal level of 100-200 mM triggers the fusion of docked synaptic vesicles, resulting in neurotransmitter release. A large number of proteins have been identified at nerve terminals and a cascade of protein-protein interactions has been suggested to be involved in the cycling of synaptic vesicle states. Functional studies in last half decade on synaptic-terminal proteins, including Ca(2+) channels, have revealed that the SNARE core complex, consisting of synaptobrevin VAMP, a synaptic vesicle-associated protein, syntaxin and SNAP-25, synaptic membrane-associated proteins, acts as the membrane fusion machinery and that proteins interacting with the SNARE complex play essential roles in synaptic vesicle exocytosis by regulating assembly and disassembly of the SNARE complex.

(09-05-2016, 08:45 AM)psychodelic Wrote:  I'm currently researching the link between antidepressant fluoxetine and the actions this molecule influences on allopreneglalone, which is a byproduct of progesterone, and the relationship between NBE.

allopregnanolone (ALLO) and Tetrahidroteoxicorticosterone (THDOC), which are isoforms of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase.

(01-06-2015, 06:20 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Here's some information from a blogger about Finasteride (btw, excellent work by the blogger, link is posted below). One important distinction about Finasteride is in the highlighted text, perhaps mediating GABA-A modulation is something worth looking into.

allopregnanolone (ALLO) and Tetrahidroteoxicorticosterone (THDOC)
(allosteric modulators) of GABA-A receptors,

The way finasteride causes post finasteride syndrome in certain individuals is unknown. Finasteride blocks the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), but also causes changes in testosterone levels, LH and FSH. 1 Finasteride also blocks the biosynthesis of various neuro steroids such as allopregnanolone (ALLO) and Tetrahidroteoxicorticosterone (THDOC), which are isoforms of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase. ALLO and THDOC are positive modulators (allosteric modulators) of GABA-A receptors, which have the same mechanism of action of anxiolytic drugs such as benzodiazepines. 2, 3 Finasteride has been shown to inhibit the biosynthesis of these neuro steroids, which can be one of the causes for the emotional and sexual symptoms reported. 4 However, some symptoms, such as muscle wasting, loss of body hair and the continuation of symptoms long after the medication has been discontinued, have not been explained yet. Because some patients with SPF have normal or high levels of testosterone - but at the same time a complete clinical state of hypogonadism - it has been hypothesized that these individuals have developed a form of resistance to androgen hormones.

More HrT info here:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23606

Additionally, prolactin being a bigger molecule inhibits the synthesis DHT.

(09-05-2016, 08:45 AM)psychodelic Wrote:  
(02-05-2016, 05:21 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  My meds for mental health gave me mental and physical help for NBE. Before depression anxiety and bipolar were treated I had a flat chest. Then the meds helped me discover the real me. Also, 160 pounds lost. Then some swelling and desires for more.

what medication was that?
I've noticed a substantial increase in my breast size when i was on anti-psychotic Seroquel... but I would never ever recommend that to anyone! made me feel like a zombie. Would I assume the increases in adrenaline and cortisol bestowed by amphetamine would hinder any NBE? I'm unsure. I appear to have stalled around 39-40 inches.

I'm currently researching the link between antidepressant fluoxetine and the actions this molecule influences on allopreneglalone, which is a byproduct of progesterone, and the relationship between NBE.

Yes i take Seroquel started with 1500 mg. I went down to 600 mg daily for Bipolar manic. Also Lithium 1200 mg.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon