Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New Program for DDs - Chiyomilk Alternatives

Is SEROTONIN the secret to boobie growth!?

(I hope no one has already posted this on here lol. I feel like I made a huge discovery for myself at least -- would be funny if it was already common knowledge Blush)

While doing more booby research (because I haven't done enough lol) I came across the possibility of antidepressants increasing breast growth. Some studies and research show that this is true and I think it has something to do with the SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor).

Soo basically more serotonin increases breast growth but how do we get serotonin naturally without going to our doctors and saying we are depressed which would not be good..

through tryptophan! -- an amino acid that somehow increases serotonin in the body (can't remember the exact mechanisms and everything but that's not the important part! lol)

and where can we find tryptophan?
in PROTEIN, SOY (TOFU), FENUGREEK, NUTS AND it's increased/released into the blood during EXERCISE!

Do any of these things ring a bell? they are ALL some of the most fundamental elements of nbe!
Now I know correlation does not mean causation but it's worth a shot to at least try increasing tryptophan a little.

Remember everything has side effects and excess amounts of tryptophan are not exceptions.
WebMD says it is "POSSIBLY UNSAFE" when taken by mouth:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-326-l-tryptophan.aspx?activeingredientid=326&activeingredientname=l-tryptophan

Every thing you take should be taken at your own risk and you should 100% ALWAYS do your own research (because I could be wrong too Blush ).

On to the studies:
Here is one study BUT they do mention that 84% of the women that experienced larger breasts experienced weight gain also so it COULD just be weight gain contributing to larger breasts but there is still that other 16%.. which gives some hope right? And I need some help with weight gain anyways..
https://www.med.upenn.edu/dru/user_docum...herapy.pdf

The next two are women that posted on sites about their recent breast growth from antidepressants:
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/agoraph...-and-boobs-
http://www.justanswer.com/health/3y4sq-t...-1000.html

And this one acknowledges some relationship between estrogen and serotonin
http://bcn.sagepub.com/content/4/1/43.full.pdf
"Interactions between estrogen and serotonin have
long been acknowledged with regard to reproductive
behaviors. Serotonin modulates sexual behavior, with
data suggesting inhibition or facilitation based on which
receptor subtypes are activated (Meston & Gorzalka,
1992). The preovulatory surge in luteinizing hormone
(LH), caused by positive feedback exerted by estrogen, is
thought to be mediated by serotonin (Morello &
Taleisnik, 1985; Vitale, Villar, Chiocchio, & Tramezzani,
1987). In the presence of estrogen, serotonin elicits LH
secretion and ovulation, whereas it can have the opposite
effect in estrogen’s absence (Coen, Franklin, Laynes,
& MacKinnon, 1980; Vitale & Chiocchio, 1993). As discussed
above, serotonin and estrogen have overlapping
spheres of influence beyond reproduction, extending to
mood and cognition."

This study I sorta just skimmed through so it's kinda hard for me to understand but maybe there is some good info here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1327664/

I need to do some more research on maybe serotonin affecting estrogen levels.

BUT just wanted to add St John's Wort is an herb that can increase serotonin levels.
It seems safer than tryptophan supplements so i think I will start looking into that more and thinking about taking it.
There was a study done on vitex taken with st john's wort so I know I can take them together at least!

Off to the gym now! I'll try to do some more research soon Smile

(14-04-2016, 12:32 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(14-04-2016, 12:05 AM)msnewboobies Wrote:  I gained .2 pounds which doesn't mean much since weight can fluctuate throughout the day so I weigh the same but feel like I have lost weight! I think I have been working out harder and gaining muscle but losing fat. Breasts seem more "tight" and less jiggly and maybe even slightly smaller Dodgy
See I am definitely a mesomorph! I gain muscle so quickly. I rarely ever do any arm workouts because I get seriously JACKED! LOL.

So back to eating more food...

BUT I decided as of today to cut out pills. I think they could be the cause of my stomach issues. - I feel like I say this about EVERYTHING now haha but I don't think I have found the underlying cause of the issue and I need to get to the bottom of things to get better! And I have always thought that too many pill were the problem but I think I just didn't want to give up nbe Sad
Also, I think it's a better approach to get a lot of nutrients from foods! specifically vitamins and minerals. I was taking the lazy way out.

So these are some foods I want to incorporate in my diet and what they equal in my program (there are many other alternative foods too for each vitamin/mineral that I plan to switch up so I'm not eating the same foods all the time):

- Yellow bell peppers ~ vitamin c (about 350mg in one bell pepper!)
- chickpeas ~ for estrogen (still working on how to boost estrogen -- so many studies are iffy on estrogen boosting herbs and foods and I am wondering if phytoestrogens even do another for increasing the estrogen we want for growth but need to research more).
- kombucha ~ probiotic
- kale, spinach - MSM (inflammatory properties and collagen boosting)
- pineapple (eaten before bed can increase HGH!)
- Goji berries (also increase HGH)

Oh and I am still taking vitex but in tincture form! I took 30 drops of a 1:1 formulation today which on the bottle says it's 1000mg but I think I need more than that. Didn't feel much of anything. I'll experiment with the right dose. And I am not really sure how tinctures work entirely in relation to mg in dry herbs. My bottle says to take up to 30 - 60 drops THREE times a day which is equal to 6000mg!

i have something else that I have been researching but I'll put that in a new post as it is kinda a big thing!...
Bee pollen is a complete food source too and hgh.
Don't take too much vitex though... ESP liquid cause that's super strong. Too much might make you shrink.
The therapeutic dose on my balancing formula is around 400mg .

Ps I soo agree that why I stopped pill popping, suspect they were doing damage.
I have a sibo breath test tom to see if I have an bacteria overgrowth in my small intestine! Three hours long, hen if I'm cleared I'm doing a stool culture and candida check. Then it's a test on celiac again. I wana get to the bottom of mine too. But of course wine is the biggest culprit, gotta give that up too.

haha "mesmo whatyamacallit" I had to laugh at that! I think most people can be a mix of two different body types. I tried to go with the one that I found myself most similar to Smile.

And how could I forget about bee pollen!! I read a longgg time ago about the hgh benefits but couldn't find it anywhere so I completely forgot about it. Definitely going to look for it more because I also want to taste it.

Yeah I'm still unsure of what dose to take. And thats why i was so confused too because I know typically liquid is stronger especially in an alcohol formula but I have also read most people take 2ml (56 drops) of the tincture a day which is 2000mg. It must have to do with the concentration - I bet that refers to a 1:4 ratio or even 1:5. So I'll see how I am feeling. But i was taking 450mg in pills comfortably before and found even 625 to be a little more stimulating but no bad symptoms. However, when I took 900mg last week, I felt a little "off" so I went back down to 625. I think when you start feeling an "under the skin crawling" feeling that means you're taking too much but some are more sensitive than others and even before that feeling comes you could be taking too much! I'll definitely experiment with doses though and see. I would NOT take the 6000mg a day though - that's crazy! And maybe the 900mg was why I saw a little bit of shrinking.

It's good you're doing all those tests! I did the stool test for h.pylori and I was HOPING for it to be positive so at least i could just take a course of antibiotics and be done with it! But I didn't have it Sad It was nice to rule out though so you're not stuck wondering what if it's this what if it's that..
The only thing about celiac though for me at least is I know I wouldn't show up positive for the disease -- no one in my family has had it and I have a lot of Italian blood in me -- can you imagine an Italian with celiac?? that would be awful!! haha and I haven't had any of the REALLy bad reactions to gluten even if it's a lot so I think I just have a sensitivity/intolerance which sometimes doesn't even show up on those allergy tests. But I think next time I am at the doctors I'll just have a celiac test just to see because I guess it's still a possibility. But I know that it's helping to not eat gluten for the moment at least! -- Was really craving a crepe at this dessert shop yesterday though Dodgy

Serotonin Follow-Up/Explanation for breast growth!

Ok after doing more research and already purchasing st john's wort (yeah it was an impulse buy because I wanted to use a $5 off coupon online Rolleyes lol) I discovered exactly why (or why I think) breasts enlarge from serotonin!

TL;DR Serotonin increases prolactin levels which causes an increase in breast size

These studies (albeit the first was a study in rats) show that serotonin directly increases prolactin serum levels:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2467272

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2376090/

So I guess that does explain why fenugreek is touted for breast growth so much -- increases prolactin because of the tryptophan in it.

And it made me realize why taking too much vitex can actually cause breasts to shrink like Ella and I experienced -- vitex decreases prolactin levels! So maybe combining the balancing effect of vitex with the prolactin-increasing effect of st john's will be good for me Big Grin

I could just take fenugreek but I don't want to develop that maple syrup smell! And I like trying new things.
Not sure if I want to take st john's daily or cycle the st john's since I know that prolactin levels have different peaks throughout the cycle... hmmmm..

(15-04-2016, 01:28 AM)msnewboobies Wrote:  Serotonin Follow-Up/Explanation for breast growth!

Ok after doing more research and already purchasing st john's wort (yeah it was an impulse buy because I wanted to use a $5 off coupon online Rolleyes lol) I discovered exactly why (or why I think) breasts enlarge from serotonin!

TL;DR Serotonin increases prolactin levels which causes an increase in breast size

These studies (albeit the first was a study in rats) show that serotonin directly increases prolactin serum levels:

So I guess that does explain why fenugreek is touted for breast growth so much -- increases prolactin because of the tryptophan in it.

And it made me realize why taking too much vitex can actually cause breasts to shrink like Ella and I experienced -- vitex decreases prolactin levels! So maybe combining the balancing effect of vitex with the prolactin-increasing effect of st john's will be good for me Big Grin

I could just take fenugreek but I don't want to develop that maple syrup smell! And I like trying new things.
Not sure if I want to take st john's daily or cycle the st john's since I know that prolactin levels have different peaks throughout the cycle... hmmmm..
Will you keep taking vitex?

Yeh that's why I mentioned it, but how much vitex did they mention?
I'd love to take St. John's. I have some but won't take it yet.
And he test was positive too. I have excess bad bugs in my system, wine and probiotics have just fed the bugs so now I have a good herbal regime that will sort me out and Defo no probiotics till the bad bacteria is out.

(15-04-2016, 05:19 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(15-04-2016, 01:28 AM)msnewboobies Wrote:  Serotonin Follow-Up/Explanation for breast growth!

Will you keep taking vitex?

Yeh that's why I mentioned it, but how much vitex did they mention?
I'd love to take St. John's. I have some but won't take it yet.
And he test was positive too. I have excess bad bugs in my system, wine and probiotics have just fed the bugs so now I have a good herbal regime that will sort me out and Defo no probiotics till the bad bacteria is out.

So did you have the h pylori thing? Or was it some other bugs? Lucky you sorta! At least now you know how to treat it. I hope you have a really quick recovery since I know how much these symptoms suck.

I want to take the vitex still. I have read that low doses (120mg) of vitex can stimulate prolactin while higher doses (240-480mg) decrease prolactin.
So I am still tinkering with the dose for now. It's so hard because there are so many different recommended doses online. And some don't clarify if it's _ _ mg of the berry or an extract. It's confusing Huh For now I am taking 20 drops a day which is about 670-700mg of vitex (about what I was taking before and I felt fine on that). But definitely considering taking between 120mg-200mg and see if it has a prolactin stimulating effect I'd have to do that before taking the st john's though.

I'm still thinking about adding maca into my program. I think now my estrogen might be lowering enough to add something else.
But I'm still not sure about the research on that. Some studies say there are no significant differences in estrogen, testosterone, lh, or fsh but some of these studies were done on men and generally with a small study size:
https://examine.com/supplements/Maca/

I do think when I took maca in the past that I felt balanced even while taking it with PM but I dont remember if I had significant growth on it. I'll have to go back through my old programs and see. And possibly might need to take a different type of maca and in a larger dose. There were a few studies in there under 7.2 Estrogen in the scientific research section of that site that said higher doses showed some estrogenic activity while lower doses did not.

I also thought it was interesting that while there were minor results of decreasing depression (although the study was tested on men), there were no significant changes in PROLACTIN. But again.. these were done on men so maybe women experience different results?

(15-04-2016, 07:13 PM)msnewboobies Wrote:  I'm still thinking about adding maca into my program. I think now my estrogen might be lowering enough to add something else.
But I'm still not sure about the research on that. Some studies say there are no significant differences in estrogen, testosterone, lh, or fsh but some of these studies were done on men and generally with a small study size:

I do think when I took maca in the past that I felt balanced even while taking it with PM but I dont remember if I had significant growth on it. I'll have to go back through my old programs and see. And possibly might need to take a different type of maca and in a larger dose. There were a few studies in there under 7.2 Estrogen in the scientific research section of that site that said higher doses showed some estrogenic activity while lower doses did not.

I also thought it was interesting that while there were minor results of decreasing depression (although the study was tested on men), there were no significant changes in PROLACTIN. But again.. these were done on men so maybe women experience different results?

Go have a read through missboobshirts maca thread. There's info on there, plus lotus put up some links too re sex hormones and maca. I was worried too BELIEVE ME,,

That sucks re vitex... Cause my dosage is too high too then. For what it's worth I too hear lower doses around 100 can increase and more can decrease.
Actually you should find an answer here, il do a quick look , OK Google "pubmed vitex prolactin" - there's lots of info on there.
I got stuff to do but will have a look later, but there's plenty of links under there.
I would think however.. irresoective of vitex's actions on prolactin the action of balancing e and p to their normal levels would aid in breast health/size cause when I researched I found NOTHING online saying chaste berry decreases breast size, it was more the opposite. I get ya though.

Re my test, it's an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the small intestine, caused by poor diet, antibiotics and too much sugar. It produces horrid gases/fermentation of food in a bad way, high chance I have leaky gut too. But.. It's manageable with antifungals, diet restrictions and of course little to no booze. I'm soo ok with that though cause now I have an answer finally. My drinking habit finally bit me in the backside.

Time To live better now Smile

(15-04-2016, 08:05 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(15-04-2016, 07:13 PM)msnewboobies Wrote:  I'm still thinking about adding maca into my program. I think now my estrogen might be lowering enough to add something else.

Go have a read through missboobshirts maca thread. There's info on there, plus lotus put up some links too re sex hormones and maca. I was worried too BELIEVE ME,,

That sucks re vitex... Cause my dosage is too high too then. For what it's worth I too hear lower doses around 100 can increase and more can decrease.
Actually you should find an answer here, il do a quick look , OK Google "pubmed vitex prolactin" - there's lots of info on there.
I got stuff to do but will have a look later, but there's plenty of links under there.
I would think however.. irresoective of vitex's actions on prolactin the action of balancing e and p to their normal levels would aid in breast health/size cause when I researched I found NOTHING online saying chaste berry decreases breast size, it was more the opposite. I get ya though.

Re my test, it's an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the small intestine, caused by poor diet, antibiotics and too much sugar. It produces horrid gases/fermentation of food in a bad way, high chance I have leaky gut too. But.. It's manageable with antifungals, diet restrictions and of course little to no booze. I'm soo ok with that though cause now I have an answer finally. My drinking habit finally bit me in the backside.

Time To live better now Smile

Just read through missb's ENTIRE thread! well - I skimmed a LOT of it lol that took a while. I need to look through lotus' threads too. Still not sure if I want to take maca mostly because it seems like another thing to add to my program and trying to keep it simple now. It seems like with missb the maca worked by balancing her hormones which let her grow so I think the vitex should do that for me. I just started my period on day 26 again! Big Grin Sorta on the short side of a cycle but I'm glad that it's been SUPER regular. This cycle and last cycle were the exact same length. This time so far no cramps so I think the vitex is really working!

Thank you for that pubmed thing! I have looked through a few of those studies before - def good stuff. I decided to lower my dose of vitex forgot to reply a few days ago about it. It'll make it last longer too. I am just taking 5-6 drops of vitex which is about 200mg of vitex. It was either a coincidence since I usually seeing swelling before my period but right when I lowered the dose, my breasts swelled a little. The next day bf said boobies felt big Big Grin
I should be getting my st john's today so I'll start taking that in the morning tomorrow -- might space it out about 30 min from vitex or just take it at the same time - not sure and not sure on the dose yet either.

I'm SO glad you found out what's wrong with your tummy!! That must be a huge relief!
I'm not sure if this will help you but while looking through booby stuff I came across this study on melatonin and omeprazole for stomach ulcers:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mk...4/art00006

I'm not sure if leaky gut and an ulcer can be healed similarly but I think what I have is gastritis which is very similar to an ulcer and usually the same medication is prescribed to heal it. I took the medicine (omeprazole for 2 weeks and then famotidine for over two months after) for nearly three months and it did help with the symptoms but it definitely did not heal it.

The study says that taking omeprazole (prilosec) 20mg twice a day combined with 10mg of melatonin greatly decreases the length of healing time. In 7 days, 4/14 patients treated with omeprazole AND melatonin were completely healed of their ulcers (endoscopy verified) whereas 0/14 of the patients treated just with omeprazole were healed. Then at the end of the 21 days, ALL of the patients treated with the combination omep + melatonin were healed and I think it said only 10/12 of the just omep were healed.
Not sure if it will help you or if you don't want to take omeprazole (there can be some side effects and even my doc said it's not good to take long term) but just a thought Blush . I definitely need to do something about this. My symptoms are MUCH better than last year especially being on the gluten free diet but I can tell the issue is still there.

And there is some interaction with st john's wort and melatonin but i read that it will just increase the effects of melatonin so I'll see how it goes since it's short term.

Small Update:

Yesterday was the first day I took st john's wort (SJW). I got it a few days earlier from a different supplier and something else I ordered from them was completely empty when I got it!! Everything was damaged/expired so I didn't trust it even though it said it was good till 2018. Ordered it again from a different site and got it the next day!

I decided to start off with 300mg three times a day -- says to take with food probably because of the alcohol content in it.
So far I haven't noticed anything different really but online I read it can take a few weeks to notice any changes.

Breasts haven't changed much. I haven't been keeping up with massaging :/. No major swelling just a little bit and I lost two pounds again Sad so hard to keep my weight up! I want to try this food called Tahini which is supposed to be one of the healthiest calorie packed foods out there -- it's like a butter made from sesame seeds and sometimes it's used in hummus. I lovve hummus!

Also I have been taking my omeprazole + melatonin and I have definitely been burping less! But can't say if it's working yet. I'll find out next weekend when I do some binge drinking even though I shouldn't :[]. I'm going to a music festival so it will be hard to avoid alcohol since I would like to have some fun but I'm going to keep the drinking to a minimum for sure. I know I'll regret it if I drink a lot even if it's fun in the moment.

OH AND period update!
I guess I am finally balancing out! My period actually started on Wednesday which I think was the 28th day of my cycle which is awesome! I thought it started two days earlier because I had quite a bit of bright red blood but it happened during sex with my boyfriend. I thought it was my period but I stopped bleeding after that day. I guess he went a little too hard too close to my period :X.
I have been having some cramps but DEFINITELY not as bad as previous months! And my flow has been pretty normal (by normal I mean similar to how it was before my iud). I'll wait to see if it is a long period or shorter.

I have been applying coconut oil to my entire torso area and upper arms. Trying to see if it helps my uneven skin tone which I think is PMH (progressive macular hypomelanosis). Looks similar to tinea versicolor but is presumed to have something to do with p acnes on the skin. Coconut oil is supposed to kill p acnes and something that starts with a d in sweat does too lol.
But my skin has been SO soft from the coconut oil!! I love it!! You ladies should give it a try. It makes a great natural moisturizer. My skin has never felt this soft and I have used so many different lotions on my body. Love it!

Lost between 3 - 4 pounds! Sad

It's SO hard for me to keep any weight on. But my stomach has been a lot better. I think the medicine is working but it still feels like it's there. It's a strange feeling but maybe it's all in my head and it's going away.

Trying to gain a little weight before this weekend (music festival).

I was wondering why my breasts still looked big on my body but weren't really filling out my bras any more! At least they look good on me though lol.
So need to gain some weight. Also I haven't really noticed any changes with the SJW yet. Keep you posted.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon