Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Journey from 30B/30C

(11-01-2015, 04:26 PM)James98 Wrote:  Are you massaging your breasts with flaxseed oil? A lot of women are having good success with massage, and flaxseed seems to be the most popular, but also some other oils like safflower salad oil. These oils should be at your grocers with salad and cooking oils. Wink
I used to massage with flaxseed oil but haven't done for a long time now

Id say by halving the dosage it might help with the smell. You inspired me to look into SP again. I dont see how WY helps but who knows..

(11-01-2015, 10:26 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Id say by halving the dosage it might help with the smell. You inspired me to look into SP again. I dont see how WY helps but who knows..
I'm hoping I can still have some positive effects with half the dosage!

Could i combine fenugreek capsules and PM breast spray i wonder...

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm laughing SO hard!!!! Thank you for that!! "How could it have a crying baby in it" BEST thing I've read today! Oh my gosh, I'm going to have 6 pack abs by morning from laughing so hard.

Oh man. Haha!! Anyways, yall are awesome and hilarious. Good luck on your journey! Maca is freaking awesome!! You'll like it. Start with a lower dose taken after you eat something. Also, let's say you start at 800mg, take 400mg in the morning and 400mg with lunch. Just until you get used to it a little, then start bumping up the dose. Don't take it too late in the day because it gives you all day energy, so you might have a hard time sleeping if you take it later.

I'm sorry, I just saw the first page of your thread and rushed to reply. I didn't notice until afterwards that this thread has 7 pages already.

Your boobs look a lot like mine. Flaxseed oil massages are great too, I rub in on my butt & hips before I do boob massages. Also, I've read so many times that you're not taking enough fenugreek to be effective if you can't smell that maple syrup smell. Fenugreek is a go-to for lactating women who are trying to boost their milk supply, and that's what I initailly used it for when I was trying to boost my supply. So, I know the smell sucks, but I wouldn't drop your dose as much as you are. Maybe drop it down to where you can only smell the maple syrup smell when you sweat? I just got fenugreek extract to rub on my boobs because I'm trying to see if I can avoid that smell as well (I usually take the capsules). I don't know if I'll need to mix lavender or other scents with it, or if I'll still smell like pancakes either way. But it's worth a shot I think. I'll let you know how it goes.

I THOUGHT I was all clear from the smell, but the other day on just 2 capsules the night before my boss says to me "you have THAT SMELL about you again today.." - opps - maybe, I just told him I ate curry the night before!

Lol, yeah. I SO wish there was an alternative that's EXACTLY like fenugreek, but minus the smell. I got some fenugreek extract to rub on, hoping it wouldn't be as smelly. BOY! Was I wrong!! It's even worse! And so far, no matter what I mix with it, it's just as pungent.

(17-01-2015, 03:44 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Lol, yeah. I SO wish there was an alternative that's EXACTLY like fenugreek, but minus the smell. I got some fenugreek extract to rub on, hoping it wouldn't be as smelly. BOY! Was I wrong!! It's even worse! And so far, no matter what I mix with it, it's just as pungent.

someone here, surfer Joe I think always goes on about that shavatari which I'd meant to be the same as fenugreek? Might be worth looking at..

(17-01-2015, 03:44 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Lol, yeah. I SO wish there was an alternative that's EXACTLY like fenugreek, but minus the smell. I got some fenugreek extract to rub on, hoping it wouldn't be as smelly. BOY! Was I wrong!! It's even worse! And so far, no matter what I mix with it, it's just as pungent.

http://store.chopra.com/productinfo.asp?item=203

You know what Charlie after reading the above I might just get some myself and substitute the fenugreek for it!
Soothes digestion and one of the leading ayurveda herbs, maybe it's worth a look. Big fan of Deepak Chopra too

Yeah, I've taken shatavari and I liked it. I need to order more, actually! Just make sure whatever company you buy from tests for heavy metals. Ayurvedic herbs and other herbs from India are known to be contaminated with heavy metals; lead, mercury and/or arsenic. Since studies have proven this though, a lot of companies test for it. I took my first whole bottle before I knew that :/ And the company I bought it from didn't say anything anywhere about testing for them. Yeah, let's just pretend that didn't happen. Lol.

I would have to say that Shatavari is more similar to the RX Domperidone than it is to fenugreek, in terms of what it does for your boobs. But that's just based off of what I know about women using shatavari instead of Domperidone or Reglan (which both of those prescriptions have side effects you don't want to mess with), while trying to increase their breast milk or get their breast milk back. Le Leche League talks about it and so do many other lactation websites and blogs. Lactation consultants tell women that if they don't want to take one of those prescribed drugs, that shatavari is the next best thing. They (and I) take it along with fenugreek. But you can take it without fenugreek. Give it a try though, it seemed to work for me and I only took it for a month before I ran out Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon