Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How a plant based diet can improve your health!

Today a new video was released by M.D. Dr. Michael Greger and let me tell you, it's the best one I have ever seen! Mind you, I watched only the first 24 minutes until now because I was in a hurry, but already the first 10 minutes were packed with so many informations. I love this guy, he is such a great person with so much knowledge and sense of humor. Smile
Can't wait to watch the rest of this video in the evening.

Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Common Diseases with Diet

(02-08-2015, 04:16 AM)pom19 Wrote:  A good example of a non-meat dinner.
I should mention that always have fruit on an empty stomach, so start with your fruit first. The bowl is a bean soup mixed with Extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin sesame oil, extra virgin coconut oil and some herbs (mint and oregano).

This looks great POM. Smile

(03-08-2015, 03:36 PM)peggy Wrote:  Today a new video was released by M.D. Dr. Michael Greger and let me tell you, it's the best one I have ever seen! Mind you, I watched only the first 24 minutes until now because I was in a hurry, but already the first 10 minutes were packed with so many informations. I love this guy, he is such a great person with so much knowledge and sense of humor. Smile
Can't wait to watch the rest of this video in the evening.

Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Common Diseases with Diet

I did not saw the other video yet, But I will watch this one first tonight. Sounds interestingSmile

WOW.. methionine, igf 1, hemme iron... hmm its all falling into place.. all meat containing estrogen that's a new one. Food for thought.. Meat putrifying in the colon Shy

Funny I always thought that women needed hemme iron to combat anaemia. Now I know il just go for the "floradix" formula which is all non hemme plant based iron. Interesting..

Ella, I guess floradix is a good source. Blackstrap molasses is also excellent for iron and calcium. I have been taking "Nature Made" iron tabs in the past, but I have no idea if they are heme or non-heme iron.

https://instagram.com/p/6Czv1DqclN/

I know many of you don't like to read about veganism, but if you are interested in the environment, you should watch "Cowspiracy" to learn how agriculture is responsible for the destruction of our planet.

"Agriculture is responsible for 80-90% of US water consumption"

"Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions."

"Livestock is responsible for 65% of all emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas 296x more destructive than carbon dioxide and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years."

"US Methane emissions from livestock and natural gas are nearly equal."

"Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame."

"Animal agriculture water consumption ranges from 34-76 trillion gallons annually."

"Growing feed crops for livestock consumes 56% of water in the US."

"2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of beef."

"1,000 gallons/liters of water are required to produce 1 gallon/liter of milk."

"5% of water consumed in the US is by private homes.
55% of water consumed in the US is for animal agriculture."

"Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction."

Quotes from: http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

The woman in the second to last comment hit the nail RIGHT on the head ...
Fear of the powers that be Sad

Vegan here! Thanks for creating this thread, Peggy. A wealth of info here!

Once you go vegan, it tends to open up a whole new portal of reality, as you are lead to so much information that was previously kept from us. It can become quite overwhelming and sad when learning about the things that are going on behind closed doors, and the lies that we are being told. I'm doing the best I can to spread these messages, but so many people are not ready to hear it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon