Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

MSM & Molybdenum??

Question 

I've been trying to decide which MSM powder/crystal supplement to take and have discovered a link between long-term use of MSM and molybdenum depletion.

From what I gather, molybdenum is essential for sulfur conversion and assimilation in the body plus it emoves acetylaldehyde, a yeast toxin which is suspected to cause headaches and brain fog.

Here's an interesting article on the matter:

http://ahha.org/clinicaltip136.htm

I'm having a hard enough time choosing a reputable company that doesn't contain any heavy metals nor fillers/flow agents/etc. much less the potential side effects and combinations to increase bio-availability...

Information overload!! Rolleyes

Does anyone have anything to add to this? Maybe just share your experience with MSM and which companies you've used? I feel as if I'm complicating matters but I can't put anything into my body until I've extensively researched it first Big Grin

Cheers!

Interesting, I've never heard of the relation between the two before. Thanks for posting this!

However, it does say that it's safe to take it for a few months to a year, so I'm not going to worry about this yet. Maybe I'll try switching over to a temporary organic diet in a few months (when I should have the money to do something like that). I've been wanting to get on an organic diet for a while now anyway.

I've never seen an MSM powder with Molybdenum in it before, but if I can find one, I'd definitely switch to it if it were within price range. If that's what's necessary to help convert the sulfur in your body, I'd rather just use that. Especially since I'm going to be ramping my MSM up a lot over the next few months for my hair growth.

I eat tooons of leafy greens which contain molybdenum but I'm not certain if this will be sufficient when taking a high dose of MSM... Hmm!?

But you're right, no need to worry about it right now given that a year is an ample amount of time to figure this out.

Source Naturals MSM tablets contain both Vitamin C and Molybdenum HOWEVER they're chalk full of a bunch of other nasty ingredients that I don't want to put into my body (namely magnesium stearate.) Same goes for all of the molybdenum supplements I've seen so far - boo Sad

Good on ya for planning to switch over to an organic diet - true, it can be more expensive but the difference in your heath and well-being is immense in my humble opinion. I would gladly sacrifice buying expensive cheese, meats, etc. and even going out for dinner and drinks in order to afford organic, non-GMO foods. Than again my system is very sensitive to pesticides and GMO foods so I had no choice but to make the switch or suffer the consequences...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon