Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Giving it another try!

Hi shortcake,

This is where I ordered my Goat's Rue and all my other herbs and I also ordered my msm, vitc, calicum, mag., all in powder..the GR was 9.55 for 1 pound and shipping is flat rate of 6.25 if you order 1 thing or more it is 6.25, http://www.herbalcom.com/store.php3?list=cats&alpha=yes&lett=e-hE-H&session=eabeaba944e7c41d5b6cd4ac1f23dbf7 it tells you where it is from for example Goat's Rue is from Poland..it took about a week for it to arrive.

Isabelle what hormone is LH?

I'm sorry I hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but I have had some unexplained weight gain that is bothering me, but everything I read says dandelion root is great for weight loss, so I don't know if that could be it.
When you become estrogen dominant, do you gain weight for (seemingly) no reason? I don't know what to do, I feel like throwing in the towel! I know you have had issues with the estrogen dominance so I was curious about your experience.
Everyone seems to know their bodies so well, I feel like mine is a stranger lol

(23-11-2011, 01:48 PM)beachbumbythesea Wrote:  Isabelle what hormone is LH?

Hi Susan,

LH is Luteinizing Hormone.

(23-11-2011, 05:45 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  
(23-11-2011, 01:48 PM)beachbumbythesea Wrote:  Isabelle what hormone is LH?

Hi Susan,

LH is Luteinizing Hormone.

Haha Isabelle...I thought is was so I went back a reread what you wrote and it made sense, you were saying Vitex will mess or help the LH and when you put hormone in front of that it through my off, then I was like oooooooooooo the hormones that regulate LH...duh..Tongue

Isabelle,
Okay, I will leave things alone and not take anything during that time! It will be nice to have such a simple program.

I didn't realize that GR was on the Noxious Weeds list, but that does explain why it's so hard to find in the US! Such a shame. Sadly not surprising, though. Rolleyes

Susan,
Thanks so much for the link! I actually found that mountainroseherbs carries GR powder as well for about the same price but I ordered from them instead only because I think it has a better chance of getting here on time for when I need it. I shouldn't have waited so long to order! Blush I was hoping it would ship yesterday (Friday) but didn't really expect it to with the Thanksgiving holiday and all. Sure enough it didn't. There's still a chance it could arrive on time though, since they ship Priority and the soonest I need it by is this Thursday.

I have a question for you concerning GR. How do you take your powder? I've read that it tastes pretty horrible and I'm not sure what I should mix it with to drink. Some sort of juice maybe? I'm just not sure about that. Huh

Chiquitabella,
No need to apologize! You're not hijacking the thread at all; it's a completely relevant question! I actually did experience some weight gain from becoming ED, but it was in kind of a strange way. I actually lost weight while doing my NBE programs but after I stopped NBE due to ED, that was when I started gaining weight. When I got pregnant with my son I weighed 88 lbs. That was just normal for me. I'm very short and very small-framed, so even though that's a low weight, I looked healthy. After I lost my pregnancy weight, which didn't take long, I never hit above 92 lbs. However, after I quit NBE I got up to 99 lbs and it was so hard to get rid of. In fact, I only just shed the pounds about a year ago when I went through a period of stress. (I always say that stress is nature's very own weightloss program. Rolleyes ) I dropped down to 84 lbs over a period of a few months. Yikes. But yes, I'm sure that the weight gain was due to being ED. I've never in my life been able to gain weight before (aside from when I was pregnant), and my diet hadn't changed at all so it was seemingly for no reason. Most of the weight was concentrated on my stomach area, thighs, and butt.

One thing I noticed while taking Dandelion in regards to that was that my face looked noticeably fuller. It was strange. And I know it might sound crazy since I didn't take it for very long, but I swear my butt got a little bigger! I welcome that one though, so I'm not complaining. Just saying, I did notice some difference in certain areas at the time I was taking Dandelion. My face looks normal again but my butt still seems to have the extra. I hope that helps some. I know how frustrating this can be when all you want is to grow some boobs but you keep experiencing all these negative side-effects! It's so hard to find something that really works for you. I do hope you get something figured out! Maybe we both will!

Just a small update...

Things have once again taken a negative turn for me. I injured my shoulder about 4 years ago when I was holding my son, but I didn't think it was a big deal. The pain was gone after a few days. But since then, every once in a while if I moved wrong I would experience more pain. Last spring it started bothering me more and more frequently, even if I wasn't doing anything to irritate it. Over the last week and a half, the pain started waking me up in the night and I couldn't go back to sleep because it hurt so bad. Finally after a night of no sleep and excruciating pain when I woke up, I went in this past Wednesday to get x-rayed. Nothing is out of place so the doctor suspects a possible torn rotator cuff. It sounds like best case scenario is I would just have to go through physical therapy. Worst case - sugery, which takes at least 4 months to recover from. I am not happy about that. For one thing I've been trying to find a job, and surgery would put that on hold for the next 5 months or so, so I have no idea what I would do, being unable to work for that long. Second, I'm just not happy about the idea of not being able to do things, and take care of myself and my son. And of course I've thought of how it could impact NBE. I wouldn't be able to take anything internally for a while if I have to have surgery, and of course, massage would be out of the question unless I could figure out a way to do it all with my right arm. This is all of course, not to mention the fact that I have no way of paying for all of the medical care. Unemployed = no health insurance.

The good news is that the pain has greatly improved since Wednesday. I seem to have full range of motion back and there's not much pain, just some aching now and then. So I'm hoping that since I was able to improve so much in such a short time, that maybe it will only require physical therapy. I have an appointment at the hospital on Thursday to find out more. At some point they'll be doing an MRI to see exactly what's going on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying pretty hard.

My period should start tomorrow if it's on time. I've decided that I'll start my new program on schedule and if I find out on Thursday that I have to have surgery, I'll stop taking everything then. At that point I'll only be taking SP and will only have been taking it for 4 days so I don't think it'll be a big deal. As of yesterday, I began taking my collagen and MSM again. I figure it can only help with my shoulder condition.

A few things to note...

* My libido is practically non-existent. I first noticed it going away after I'd been taking Dandelion for about a week. It's just gone. It's not that I don't enjoy sex when it's... happening, but I really don't think about it much and don't crave it. On a scale of 1-10, I would say that previously my sex drive has been at a 12 (haha), and now it's about a 1.5. So it's a big difference. I really hope that improves on my new program.

* Last May I came down with a UTI. I've only ever had one UTI before in my life when I was 16. The very same day I noticed the UTI symptoms, I also came down with a horrible sinus infection and sore throat. I went to the doctor, had the tests done which confirmed the UTI, and got an antibiotic to treat both problems. It went away just fine. However, once every 3 weeks or so I would start to feel it coming back. I found a supplement at the local health food store called CranActin by Solaray that treats it very well. Every time I would feel one coming on I would start to take it and it would be gone in a matter of a day or two. But it was very very strange how it kept recurring. Also in May I had the worst yeast infection I've ever had. After that was treated, I would always get slight itching before, during, and directly after my period. That's never happened to me before, either.

All of these things lasted until I started NBE again. After that, no UTI or yeast infection symptoms. Within the last week and a half I've felt the slight twinges of the UTI coming back. I was actually in quite a bit of discomfort last night so I bought more of the CranActin, took four capsules, and my symptoms are almost completely gone today. Now it seems that these occurences are due to hormonal problems. From what I've read recurring UTIs can be a symptom of low estrogen, which is interesting since I think I become ED on NBE. Huh But this can't all be coincidence. I took Dr. Lee's online test again and it seems I may be estrogen dominant, with low estrogen and even lower progesterone.
Rainbow 

Still no period (now 2 days late), but the good news is that my GR powder shipped yesterday so it will for sure get here in time for when I need it.

My shoulder pain has been up and down. Yesterday was the worst it's been since last Wednesday, until I took a hot bath in the evening. That is by far the best thing I can do for it. After a hot bath the pain and discomfort is nearly completely gone. Today I can hardly tell there's anything wrong with it. So that gives me hope that maybe it's a manageable condition and won't require surgery; at least not right away.

I'm really liking where I'm at weight-wise right now. My butt has filled out a little and my stomach looks flatter and more toned than it has since I had my son. Just for the heck of it I took my measurements last night and this is what I came up with:

Waist - 23" (+ 1/2" - I'm okay with that, but don't want that number getting any bigger)
Hips - 33" (Up 1/2" - I knew my butt had filled out! Smile )
Weight - 90lbs (+2)

Above bust - 30 1/2" (+ 1/4")
Across bust - 30 1/2" (+1/4")
Under bust - 26.5" (same)

I'm not counting these as my official start-of-program stats, I just thought it was interesting to see the change. I'm sure the increase in bust measurements is just due to pre-period swelling. I do have some soreness. But I'm sure the other measurements are a permanent change. I'm really noticing a nice difference in how I fill out my jeans in the butt area. Smile I sure wouldn't mind that continuing, as long as my waist measurement doesn't go up as well. Now if I could just get my bust to 33" I'd have an hourglass figure. Wink

I have been drinking a cup of fennel tea every other day or so, mostly because I love the taste. Isabelle, if you happen to read this, would I be able to continue drinking fennel tea throughout my new program? Or is that something I should limit to certain parts of my cycle? I just really love to drink it! But I don't want to mess up progress with the other herbs.

Hi shortcake,

Fennel tea is a phyto-progestin and it ups prolactin. Because it's a progestin, it's best to limit it to days 16-24. But if you get headaches on other days, a small cup will help. I always keep powdered fennel seed handy just in case.

Hello, and thank you, Isabelle! I will limit my fennel tea to those days. I love teas in general so I'll just replace it with a different kind during my off-days. :)

Another small update...

Still no period. This waiting thing sucks. GR powder should be arriving tomorrow.

Today I randomly noticed that there's a specific area for pictures in the Breast Growth for Males section. Don't know why I never noticed that before. The first thread I read (posted by JennyA) mentioned a cream that was used called Booby Stacked. Susan had chimed in and said she was using it as well (though I'm pretty sure she's not anymore). I looked into it further and decided it was something I wanted to try. I was also very tempted by the Booty Stacked cream, but figured I'd give this a try first. If I'm impressed by it I'll order both next time. I ordered the 4oz jar for $30 which should last me at least 2-3 months. I'm excited to try it!

I'm actually starting to wonder if I'm even going to get my period this cycle. I'm not having any signs of it coming anymore. For a few days I was having some cramping and there were a couple times I was sure it had started... but it hadn't. I don't see how taking low doses of BO sporadically for not even one full week of the first week of my cycle could cause this. I'm more inclined to think it's due to the dandelion I took. If it hasn't started in a couple days I'll take a pregnancy test. I don't suspect it at all and am not having any symptoms, but I think I would feel better knowing for sure since I had four x-rays taken last week and was taking Vicodin and Ibuprofen for a week as well, and just had a cortisone injection in my shoulder today.

I had my doctor's appointment today and the doctor said it's inflammation of the rotator cuff. So, no MRI and no surgery. Yay! That's such a huge relief. I realize that at some time in the future it may come to that, but better then than now. She gave me a cortisone injection into the tendon to relieve the inflammation. It really wasn't that painful but she said my arm will be pretty sore for the next couple days or so. Much better than surgery, I say. Plus now I get to continue with my NBE. Smile

Not really sure what to do at this point. If my period doesn't come, I guess I'll just start using the Booby Stacked cream when it arrives and wait to start the herbs when my body decides to have another period. I've kind of been debating whether or not to try the cream on it's own first or try it with the herbs anyway. I think it would make more sense to do one or the other, since a lot of the reason I wanted to cycle the herbs internally was so I hopefully wouldn't become ED. If I'm using the cream throughout the whole cycle but cycling the herbs, it could still happen. Also, I don't want one interfering with the other and causing them both not to work, since one is PM and the other is "other" herbs. I emailed the company to ask which is recommended but never received a reply even though there was a message saying I would get one within 24 hours. I'm also not sure when to expect it to arrive. The website doesn't tell how long it takes them to process orders, but I do know it will be shipped Priority. At this rate, it'll arrive before my period starts. Rolleyes I think I may try it on my butt as well. It seems lots of women have done that and grown that area as well as their breasts, and from what I've read, the Booby Stacked smells way better than the Booty Stacked. If I like it, I'll just order an 8 oz jar next time.

My period finally started yesterday morning (12-3). It sure has been a hellish one. I had really bad cramps yesterday and today, which I usually don't get. I've also been a mess emotionally the last few days. It hasn't been pleasant at all.

I will be following the cycling program Wahaika posted on his forum, which is this:

No ramp up.
Fenugreek 1000mg 3 times per day days 5-10 and 18-23
Saw Palmetto 1000mg 3 times per day on days 1 through midcycle.
Wild Yam 1000mg three times per day on days 18-23
Goat's Rue 1000mg 3 times per day on days 5-10

Except that I will be changing the total amounts of herb because I think 3000mg will be way too much for me. I will be taking:
1800mg (4 capsules) Saw Palmetto, 1830mg (3 capsules) Fenugreek, and 1700mg (4 capsules) Wild Yam. The Goat's Rue that I ordered turned out to be dried herb rather than powder (it's my own fault for not paying closer attention to what I was ordering) so I will be taking that as a tea and probably doing a little trial-and-error to get the amount right.

I will also be taking 3000mg of NeoCell Collagen 1 & 3 Plus Vitamin C, 3000mg MSM, 1000mg Flaxseed Oil (may up that amount later), and 1000mg Borage Oil daily. I will also massage twice daily using chi rotations, and using a heating pad before and after massage. I don't think I'm even going to try to pump this time because I know that realistically I won't be able to keep up with it. I've decided that I will use the Booby Stacked cream with the herbs and use it all month long as directed. I realize this may defeat the purpose of a cycling program but if I have negative side-effects I will do one or the other for the next cycle. The cream will be arriving tomorrow so I'll start using it then.

Not a whole lot to report so far, other than that I've felt some pinching pains here and there and some tingling as well. I'll take my measurements on day 5 of my cycle when my swelling should be gone.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I woke up Saturday morning with a headache and felt very tired. I knew before I even got out of bed that my period would come that day because of it, and sure enough, it had already started. It's not uncommon for me to get that heavy, tired feeling on the day that I start but the headache was definitely new. I've never had a headache at the beginning of my period, or even during it at all. The only time I ever get headaches associated with my period are when doing NBE, on the day my period ends or the day after. So this was different. I attribute it to the stop/start random things I took during my last cycle, namely the Dandelion. The headache lasted all of Saturday and finally went away yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and hasn't come back. I'm a little anxious to see what happens when this period ends. Not sure if I should expect horrible pain, or if maybe I've already got the headache out of the way.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon