Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Individual herbs or WU?

When I decided to give NBE another try, I was sure I was going to go with Wonder Up (and Noogleberry, which I've already been using). I used WU in the past for three months and gained 1 1/4" - and the first inch of that was obtained just within the first month! Needless to say, it worked very well for me in the short time I used it. The problem with it was that I became estrogen dominant while taking it and started experiencing negative side-effects (headaches, foggy/cloudy mind, very tired, etc). Naturally, my hormones are balanced and I am not estrogen dominant. I was even taking less than the recommended dosage of WU. I ramped up to the 6 pills per day and noticed that I had felt more "going on" when I was only taking 3 or 4 pills per day than when I took 6. I basically alternated between 4 and 5 pills during the time that I obtained growth. But still, even with that, I became estrogen dominant to the point where I had to quit taking it.

After that, I tried a program of fewer individual herbs because I felt I had more control over how much I was getting. Looking back at my program page on the old forum, I was using mainly small doses of fenugreek (since I'm pretty sure that was a lot of what was causing me problems), fennel, and hops. It seems I only stuck with that program for about 15 days and experienced 1/4" increase during that time. However, I posted that I was feeling seemingly even worse than I did when I was on WU so I quit taking that too. I had taken a one month break between the WU and the individual herbs and had done a liver cleanse and drank a detox tea for that entire month, but I'm sure I had to have still been ED. One month surely isn't enough time for hormones to balance out again after something like that.

So what I'm wondering is - since I can apparently fairly easily become estrogen dominant, do you think I would be better off trying only a few individual herbs, rather than trying WU again? I keep wanting to go with WU because I know it worked for me before (and fast!) but I would much rather my growth come slower and be able to maintain my health and continue my program, than to take something that will give me fast results but I have to stop taking it after a short time, and I mess my hormones up in the process. I'm also thinking though that I could still try WU and just take an even smaller dose. In my program page, I noted that I felt tingles and pains even at the time that I was in the process of ramping up and only taking 2 WU pills a day! So would me taking small amounts of individual herbs really be any better/different than just taking a smaller dosage of WU?

Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated! If I'm going to go with WU I need to order it within the next day or two in order for it to arrive on time, so I feel rushed in making my decision. I should also note that I'm currently on Beyaz (estrogen and progrestrone) birth control pills. I've read that some think it's best to take an estrogen-only BCP while taking WU but I have decided to stay on Beyaz while doing my NBE program, unless I can definitely tell it's hindering results.

ETA: Also note that I had taken a PM product before WU and I'm pretty sure that contributed to the ED. I definitely believe that PM is just too strong for me. So the WU may not have "caused" my ED. Maybe if I hadn't taken PM before it, I would have been fine.

Hi shortcake,

You are way more experienced than I am, but I recognize a lot in what you write. The herbs you took do a lot, really. If you become ED, you could lower hops or increase fennel. Fennel is for prolactin and progestins.

Certainly the hops and the fennel are for the evening: they both make you sleepy. Even FG contains melatonin, and may make you sleepy. If it gets too bad, I drink green tea in the morning. It's also an anti-androgen.

(24-07-2011, 09:50 PM)shortcake Wrote:  I had taken a PM product before WU and I'm pretty sure that contributed to the ED. I definitely believe that PM is just too strong for me.

Yes must agree. I took PM and became ED very quickly. Since then I've done some research and become convinced that PM is just too strong for me. Gentler herbs are more suitable for some people.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon