Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Interesting post Wahakia mentioned about HGH:L- Glutamine GABA and 5-HTP

I found this on his site and thought it was very interesting and answered my question..Last night I took SP and GABA and woke up with a panic attack..well thought it was SP..it may have been both but didnt know it could be from GABA I thought it help you sleep..anyway very interesting..I copied and pasted parts of it..the rest was on other stuff.

Greater emphasis on topicals means that the internal dosages of the herbs may not be enough, and could go other places like the stomach, where topicals are targeted to the exact place and effect there first. Are you able to get goat's rue (galega) ? The higher levels of some hormones before menopause are useful, depending on the hormonal profile. There is less progesterone to compete with estrogen, but if estrogen is not high enough then NBE is much harder to accomplish. Another hormone that is responsible for growth is HGH or growth hormone. This can only be taken directly by prescription - but there are things that can be taken to help with it. L-Glutamine is high on the list. It also helps with circulation. GABA has been shown at high dosages to effect growth hormone secretion. Certain resistance exercises also result in growth hormone release. Serotonin also results in growth hormone production. Precursors to serotonin include 5-HTP. This is why the lady at Walmart was so interested, because some depressions are caused by low serotonin. But at this time of year, 5-HTP may not make much of a difference, unless there is an abnormality, because serotonin is regulated by sunlight, and the days are quite long right now. Serotonin is extremely good for mood and combating depression. Broadbean is an L-Dopa supplement, and dopanine helps to increase growth hormone, but it is not something that I have seen anyone take for NBE. If it was taken, then goat's rue should be added to the routine to increase prolactin. Any of these would be used according to the dosage on the bottle to start with. Adjustments could be made afterward.

The L-Lopa/broadbean and 5-HTP are best left alone at this point. I ony bring them up because they are discussed from time to time as a point of interest. I don't think 5-HTP is going to be harmful, but L-Dopa is unknown for NBE so forget about that one.

* What is GABA, how do I use it?
GABA is an amino acid. Surf grew 5 inches and used GABA at 1500mg before bedtime. It does have a short side effect on some people that seems to be like anxiety, but they say it goes away quickly.

* How is 5HTP used for NBE?
HTP is a precursor to serotonin. I don't know of anyone who has used it for NBE, but I would say to just follow what is on the bottle. I don't think it is necessary during the Spring and Summer months.

Hi Susan,

This guy also writes the panic lasts only a few minutes:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=52550
He also writes it happens for large doses only. He took 1,000 mg three times a day under his tongue. Maybe that helps.

Good Morning Isabelle,

Yes it lasted only a few mins.. I feel better after I get a drink of some water..but I found out dummy me bought GABA complex well it has niacin and inositol...if thought niacin keeps you awakeHuhDodgy So I was thinking of taking this complex durning the day and taking L-Glutamine at night..as for the SP I dont think it was that cause I took that at about 6-7pm last night and I didnt go to bed until about 12. I took the GABA and went right to bed..this is the dose and by the way I also found the dose in this is way not enough so that is why I will use it only durning the day cause I have alot of it left so why waste and it may help..

GABA--200mg
niacin--400mg
inositol--1200mg
(this is a dose for 2 caps) that is what I took last night..I think the niacin is what is giving me the headache..it isnt that bad of a headache it is like I feel like if I go back to sleep I will feel better..so guess what I am going to take a nap..talk later...Smile

My chemistry gut keeps telling me GABA will hydrolyse to γ-hydroxy butyric acid. That will certainly keep you awake Big Grin

If the niacin is too much for you, you will get a big blush from your breasts up to your hair line. Itches a little. It's actually an allergic reaction, but tey say it's harmless.

no didnt get a flush well not that I know of was sleeping but I know what that feels like and I am sure it would have woke me up and when I got up for the water I didnt notice any of that..yes it is commen for that to happen to people..

Well Isabelle we are made up of chemicals too and maybe if could have a reverse effect on some...like me..haha.. so taking it mid day and the L- glute at night..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon