Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Fenugreek vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex

Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex
March 18 2009 at 5:46 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am totally confused. Do both Fenugreek and Goat's Rue contribute to actual breast tissue enlargement? If so, how does one decide between which one to take? As for Vitex, is this herb primarily for hormonal regulation or does it also contribute to tissue growth?

I have been researching all these herbs on the internet and I find conflicting information about each in terms of contributing to breast growth.

I am on natural hormone replacement after menopause, but I would also like to take some herbs. I took fenugreek in the past but I didnt' notice any growth.

I recently bought some Vitex but then I did more research and it seems to be primarily for pituitary
regulation and regularity of cycles. This probably doesn't apply to someone post-menopause like me.

Goat's rue is listed as promoting breast growth.

So - how and why do I choose between Fenugreek and Goat's Rue, or should I try both together??

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex March 19 2009, 8:49 PM

Anyone who has used both goat's rue and fenugreek - can you tell my why you chose one over the other?

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex March 19 2009, 8:59 PM

I don't really think this will help you, but I will answer your question anyways since nobody else has! I was on Fenugreek for about six weeks, and got horrible acne on my back. I stopped taking it, and within a week my acne was almost gone. I switched to Goat's Rue and have been taking it for about three days now, and so far the acne hasn't gotten worse. I am hoping I react to this a little better than the fenugreek, plus it won't make me smell like maple syrup! I don't want to speak for the other ladies here, but many posts that I read said they switched because of the maple syrup smell. The only downfall so far with the goat's rue for me is the price, the liquid capsules are much more expensive!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex March 19 2009, 9:20 PM

FG is estrgenic and galactogogue (stimulates prolacin) and GR is only galactogogue (stronger than FG). From the relative sucess of products like WU and ND is seems that galactogogues may be quite beneficial to NBE. Vitex is used for progesterone defficiency cause it stimulates the body to produce more PG, but it seems it doesn't work for breast growth very often. I would expect it to have the same effect post menopuse as the pituitary doesn't atrophy like overies (from what I know). If you haven't tried GR yet then it may be a good shot, but you probably still need sth estrogenic too. Ever tried PM? Tho with hormonal replacement therapy it gets a bit more complicated... Did you ever feel any growing signs with any NBE method? From this you might be able to evaluate your stalling limit.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex March 19 2009, 11:42 PM

No - never any growing signs with any herbs.

If I am taking natural HRT, will an estrogenic herb mess with the dosages I have been prescribed? Are herbs that strong that they can me off balance?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fen vs Goat's Rue vs Vitex March 20 2009, 12:24 AM

How long have you been on HRT? Have you taken any herbs with it? And did you notice any changes after starting HRT?

Herbs could mess with HRT yes, or not, it depends on the ammount of estrogen receptors in your body. But the only way I can think of to evaluate that is to observe growing signs...
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon