Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

liquorice tea

Hi all,

A few months ago I didn’t see liquorice mentioned on the site at all suddenly everyone is drinking liquorice tea (ok I have seen it mentioned by about 4/5 people).

So what is it all about and how does it help? I have only ever seen it prescribed to relive constipation/go better and help with general digestion so how does it help our boobs?

It would be a really easy thing to add to my routine.

I know to double post is naughty but I did a really quick web search

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/liq...is-ibs.asp

This website seams useful and told me a lot as well as why its probably a good thing to take for nbe.

Lifting one important point for all, it can increase the effects of other herbs.

It also does some funky things with oestrogen so maybe that’s why its good.

I would still like someone with knowledge and experience to comment and perhaps expand and elaborate on why it may be a good thing to use. I don’t want to be pointing anyone in the wrong direction of miss interpreting anything.

Hi Maz,
actually I am drinking licorice tea because I've read in the flat2fab book that it was a phytoestrogen, that it stimulates prolactin and decreases testosterone at the same time and because it was easy to find. A lot of girls on the forum don't like this book and it's possible that the informations she gives are not exact but well, I didn't knew when I began, and it worked for me (additionally to fennel, hops and aniseeds).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello!

Your attachments sound promising. I think I will have to try some of those listed.

i have not had a good reaction to fenugreek so am looking for an alternative. Thank you for providing so many. Liquorish shall be in my future by the looks of things.

I have had a hard time finding hops which I’m really surprised at because its kind of a common plant you see it everywhere at Christmas.

I may have to try and source some of the others I have heard red clove mentions a good amount so might be the way to go. And I like soy so good.
Big Grin

Hi Maz,

Be careful. I used licorice too, because it kills 3 birds in one stroke: estrogenic, prolactin booster, and anti-androgen. BUT, it is also progestinic, so it may be wise to reserve it for the 2nd half of your cycle. RC is also progestinic: I've just posted a link in the maca root thread.

Oh Maz,

About the hops: I just bought it today from Jacob Hooy, a trusted herbs supplier who has kept shop at the same location in Amsterdam (Nieuwmarkt) since 1743.

I bought it dried but not powdered, because it's easier to dose: 1 tbsp is only 1,000 mg. Powdered and packaged in 250 g plastic bags is slightly lower priced (6.10 euro), and is sold by all online drugstores in the Netherlands. Google "Hop gemalen".

Isabelle, does progestinic mean that it helps producing progesterone or the inverse ?

Maz, try to look into an oriental spice shop for hops, that's where I buy all my herbs !

Hey Isabelle and Onicemile

Thank you so much for the info I shall bare in mind the advice about liquorish and cycles.

Both suggestions for the hops are things are will look into. I get a bit worried about buying things like herbs online so I appreciate recommendations.

I have never being in an oriental spice shop. I assume it the medical shops you see on high streets. I always thought that you had to book appointments or something to go in them, silly I know but they seem sort of official. I’m tiring to think of where there is a good one. I know of 2 but they are kind of unused. Shops with a lot of business probably turn over more stock so you are unlikely to get old stuff or is this the wrong way to be thinking?

Oh no I wasn't talking about these !
Since I live in a meditarrean city we have a lot of north african et oriental immigrants, and when I say spice shops, I mean real spices for cooking, you can find fenugreek in there, but also cumin, saffran or any tea ...
Kind of "souk" if you know the word..
I guess you can find indian shops in england...

Thanks Maz,

You're welcomeSmile

I often go to a an oriental supermarket www.amazingoriental.com

They have several locations, but I go to the one that also operates as a wholesale for restaurants. They have a huge turnover, and things like fennel or fenugreek cost a couple of euros per plastic bag of 250 g powdered dried herbs. But I wouldn't be worried about a small chinese shop either: they often sell more than you'd think.

Hi Onicemile,

Good question. I don't know. The article I was referring to just found that licorice binds to progestin receptors, and didn't look any further:
http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estrogenherb.html

I would conclude that taking a herb that binds to progestin receptors would have the same effect in your body as too much progesterone. But for licorice, it's very difficult to predict what it will do: it's a progestin, but also an estrogen, a prolactin booster (galactogogue), and an anti-androgen!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon