Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

beachbumbythesea's program

Thank you,

I'll look into that. Have you saved a link to where it said that?

Hate to lose the hops. It's the only phyto-estrogen I really trust Sad Maybe compensate with more fenugreek and goat's rue and omega-3 fatty acids.

(06-08-2011, 03:42 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Thank you,

I'll look into that. Have you saved a link to where it said that?

Hate to lose the hops. It's the only phyto-estrogen I really trust Sad Maybe compensate with more fenugreek and goat's rue and omega-3 fatty acids.

Yes you lucked out I still had the link upBig Grin I will post the link and the section where it says that..I could have read it wrong..

Potential Dangers

Allergies

An itchy rash from hops has been reported, particularly in hops harvesters. Allergy to the pollen has also been reported. Breathing difficulties have been observed rarely among hops packagers. Hops allergy has been reported in a patient with previous severe allergic reactions from peanut, chestnut and banana. Therefore, people allergic to any of these agents should avoid hops.

Side Effects

Based on traditional use and available studies, there have been no serious side effects reported from hops. Drowsiness or sedation may occur. Use caution if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. In animal studies, hops have increased stomach acid. There is no available research in humans in this area. Breathing difficulties have been reported in brewery workers exposed to dust from hops, barley and brewery yeast.

Chemicals in hops that are similar to the hormone estrogen may affect hormone levels, with unknown effects on conditions such as breast, uterine, cervical or prostate cancer or endometriosis. Based on animal studies, hops may increase blood sugar levels in diabetic patients (but may lower blood sugar levels in nondiabetic patients). The effects of hops on blood sugar levels are unclear; if you are taking drugs for diabetes, dosing adjustments may be necessary.Dry cough, difficulty breathing, chronic bronchitis and other occupational respiratory diseases have been associated with hops. Dust from hops can contain harmful bacteria

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/E/8...dmtContent

Thank you, Pheeew! Smile

If I read it correctly, I'm in the clear as long as I don't have diabetes yet. But it says "may". I'll look for more research on this.

Ok I am confused I thought you have diabetes and was on meds for it..but you did mention cholesterlo sp? it is probably this not diabetes..if so sorry for the temporary high blood presure from worry..Big Grin

Well, Susan,

Fortunately, my health is excellent. My only medication in the past 30 years was the fluoxetine during my divorce.

But I'll read up on hops safety too. There's good recent research from a Belgian start up company who market a hops extract for menopause.

The one I was worried about, 2 weeks ago, was not cholesterol, but cortisol, a stress hormone. Cortisol is made from progesterone. If there are symptoms of too much cholesterol, or of progesterone dominance, Wahaika suggests a progesterone blocker: Damiana or oregano.

What reassured me was dr. Lee's imbalance test: I have too little progesterone, at least for a woman Big Grin

Did you mean too much cortisol in the above link..

regarding coconut oil, losing weight, and the boobies (from my own experience) : my boobies got fuller while the rest of my body shrank.

my theory is, i'm supplying my body plenty of fat, while cutting down on what actually makes my body stores fat, which is carbs/sugar. so my boobies are getting estrogen, fat, and protein to grow. at the same time, i'm controlling my insulin and cortisol level to curb the fat in the abdominal.

Well I must.say.my breasts feel a bit.firmer and heavier..they where kinda sore today..hopefully by the end of.the month ill have gained a inch. Im ona maca break right.

Good morning Susan,

Judging by the symptoms, I had too much cortisol during my break, and too little after starting up hops again. I'm still back-tracking what happened using your post above on hops safety. Thanks again.

The discussion about coconut oil is very interesting. I don't know much about it. I use it in the kitchen since I read this
http://www.skinnybitch.net/
and kept it for baked potatoes. Because. Hey. Baked potatoes Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon