Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Long time hops & FG user

After maca and goat's rue tea, my weight is 83.0 kg. Yesterday, before a sushi dinner with the kids, and some ice cream, it was still 82.0 kg. Body Mass Index (BMI) is up again to 26.0. At the start of the holiday season, I'd better keep an eye on the scale. The difference between bust and underbust has increased to 15 cm. That was the target I had set for myself for two years of NBE, and I'm not even five months in yet! I kept the Waist Hip Ratio (WHR) of 0.88 and the 40" butt, without any Frankfurter sausages Smile

I'm continuing the oat flakes, but I'll decrease the dose from 80 to 30 g, the same as the flax. Measure again in two weeks, and see if the growth speeds up again.

Height: 178.5 cm = 5 * 30.48 + 10 * 2.54 = 5' 10"
Weight: 83.0 kg * 2.2046 lbs/kg = 183 lbs
Body Mass Index (BMI): 83.0/1.785/1.785 = 26.0
Breast: 111 cm = 44"
Under: 96 cm = 38"
Waist: 89 cm = 35"
Hip: 101 cm = 40" (actually the widest part around my butt)
Waist to hip ratio (WHR): 89/101 = 0.88

Progress:
Day 11/7 26/7 08/8 22/8 05/9 19/9 3/10 7/10 17/10 31/10 3/11 4/11 14/11 28/11 2014 2016
BMI: 26.5 26.4 26.2 25.7 25.3 26.0 25.7 25.30 25.70 25.70 25.7 25.7 25.60 26.00 23.0 23.0
B-U: 8.00 5.00 8.00 8.00 8.00 10.0 10.0 10.00 13.00 11.00 13.0 13.0 14.00 15.00 15.0 20.0
WHR 0.95 .945 0.94 0.92 0.92 0.96 0.93 0.920 0.940 0.910 0.91 0.88 0.880 0.880 0.80 0.70
B-U = Breast - Under in cm

Hi Isabelle,

I've been searching through posts for answers but this one seems hard to come across.. so I'm hear to seek your guidance again Blush
I've started taking PM for the first half of luteal cycle than switch over to Fenugreek, Fennel and Chaste berry.
However, in the first half when I'm taking PM, I've also started taking chaste berry at the same time for the purpose of balancing my hormones.. in turn I'm taking 6g of chaste berry powders through out the whole cycle.
is this a good Idea? or does Vitex interfere with PM?
any thoughts regarding this topic would help, Thanks!

Jiin

Hi magareea,

I wouldn't do that. Progesterone is naturally zero up to day 11, and vitex is a strong progestin.

Isabelle- Nice results! Do you have a plan on what to do when you reach your goal as far as maintenance?

Thank you chiquitabella,

It looks like I'll be there by spring or early summer. Maybe one day at the beach will flare up boobie greed again Big Grin

When I'm finally happy, I want to switch to boobie foods for maintenance. I have already tested flax and oats, and before spring, I want to try soy and some teas, like licorice and panax ginseng. I will probably continue fenugreek as a kitchen herb for ten or fifteen years, because it's excellent for diabetes prevention.

The hops, maca, and goat's rue, I will probably stop. Herbs can only be kept for two years. So I may buy a three months stock each year in spring, to be all pumped when the beach season starts Cool

(22-11-2011, 09:40 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  Good morning Soonenough, and thank you: I really feel appreciated Smile

The time is not crucial in taking the herbs. I arranged them like that so the side effects fit better with the structure of my day. My reason for taking hops before bed time was that it makes me sleepy within an hour. If I use it at noon, a nap works too: the effect doesn't last long. Susan took hops in three doses during the day last week. It didn't make her sleepy. Now she's taking the full dose before bed time, and it does.

Taking the hops late at night may contribute to the weight gain the morning after, depending on your diet. Eve M took hops together with the fenugreek, wich is hypoglycemic, in the morning, so all the carbs she ate with it were turned into energy and used during the day.

By experimenting, I got hops to 2,500 mg and fenugreek to 2,300 mg, which is what Wahaika advises: hops equal to or a little higher than fenugreek. For better swelling, I just add goat's rue. I became estrogen dominant only once, when I increased maca just after decreasing fenugreek. I increased fenugreek above hops (doubled it), and the estrogen dominance symptoms were gone within a day. I kept taking the high fenugreek dose for a week. After that, estrogen dominance never returned. I do keep powdered fennel seed handy, just in case I might want some fennel tea.

Happy growing Smile

Dear Isabelle,

Thank you so much for responding. About the weight gain, I noticed that when I'm on an exercise regimen, my weight tends to go up, but my clothes still fit. So, what gives? Anyway, as long as I can still wear my clothes, I don't want to get hang up on the weight. You know, I looked at my records, and I only took the GR tea/2.5g FG +Hops combo starting day 22 of last month cycle, and it propelled me back to my growth when I was on pm. Amazing how that worked so fast. I'm not complaining. I deflated back during day 3 of this cycle, and now on day 7, I'm back up on 37" - 37.25".

It seems like FG/Hops/GR tea combo is more effective than the SP/WY/FG combo for me. I also grew just on taking 3.2 g FG when I first started.

Thank you for your detailed meticulous posts, because otherwise, I would not have discovered the power of FG/Hops. I'm really convinced that NBE works if you find the right mix of herbs and supplements. However, the herbs are really powerful, and I have to be careful not to take more than what my breasts need to grow. Too much dose, and breasts goes on a stall, with all the estrogen symptoms that goes with overdosing.

Thank you for always taking the time to respond.

Best,

Soonenough

Thank you Soonenough,

I fully agree on the stalling dose: it is real. I wonder if I'd get better results if I decreased both flax and oat flakes to below 3,000 mg. The stalling dose of soy milk should be about 20 ml. Those are small quantities. It's very easy to take too much.

Thank you so much! Smile

hi isabelle
i really cant find hops any where around my region
i have fenugreek, fennel, licorice, soy, oats
to complete the set of herbs in your program i just lack a herb as strong as hops in estrogenic activity
what estrogenic substituent can you suggest for me?.
thanks

Actually, sfita,

The soy and the licorice may do.

I finally read the full text of this article
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/139/12/2293.full
about using soy, hops, and flax together. Its most important conclusion is that microbes in the intestines that make more active metabolites from phyto-estrogens are busy. If several types of phyto-estrogens are used together, a lower percentage ends up as the more active metabolites. Especially soy should be used by itself.

For my program, the article also supports a higher dose for flax than for hops.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon