Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek SEEDS

I was wondering if anyone has experience with taking fenugreek SEEDS as opposed to capsules and if they have succeeded with them? Also, what dosages did you take ie. how many teaspoons a day etc?

I am asking because it is very difficult to find fenugreek capsules where I live and so am looking for alternative ways of getting my fenugreek intake Wink

Any info and comments would be very much appreciated!

Thank you and good luck to everyone on their journeys!!

Hi, I did try to take fenugreek in seed form, not for long, because I had side effect since my pee smelled fenugreek ... But well, there's nothing else against it, it should be as efficient capsules, maybe even more ! And sounds cheaper and easier to find to me.

Thank you for your reply onicemile!! Smile I'm going to give the seeds a shot...although I have to figure out whats that best way of taking them. How did you eat them? Did you add them into food or did you just eat them straight like that, just seeds? And how much did you have a day?
Thanks again!
Wink

Hi little miss sunshine,

I actually like FG seeds as a snack. Just soak them overnight in water or juice. Next thing I want to try is microwave them after soaking, like lentils.

I was taking a teaspoon a day. Note that the seed are hard and impossible to eat unless you put them into hot water for a few minutes. But like I said before, I stopped quickly, and I'm not sure about the dosage. Now I'm on herbal tea.

2nd recipe down:
http://www.ecurry.com/blog/curries/gravi...-potatoes/

You can google a lot of other Indian recipes, or make sprouts too. A teaspoon of dry seeds is roughly 3500 mg.

Thank you soo much, surfer Joe!

I want to try this. And indeed, you can also let them sprout in water and use the sprouts in a salad like taugé or water cress. And I love FG in the béchamel sauce or cheese sauce over broccoli or cauliflower. And just a whiff in breakfast cereal with raisins... OK, I'm getting carried away here.

thank you all for your tips! Those are some great ideas I'll put into use! Smile I'm sorry I didn't respond in a while, was crazy busy..didnt even have time to continue with my personal growth program Sad I'm gonna have to start from scratch! oh well, a fresh start is always good! Smile

happy growing!

I drink the fenugreek tea (organic) and add drops as well. That's the only thing I'm doing now. What else is involved? I also bought fennel seeds and have some fresh organic fennel (not sure what to do with it, I'm still in the research stage).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon