Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Chicken Feet Woot!

Chicken Feet Woot!
February 23 2009 at 10:15 PM smallville (Login smallville21)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys im so excited about trying the chicken feet program after reading tiger lilys and fengshuis program.

The only problem is Where I live theres no asian food market hereSadso the closest one I found is about an hour away from my house.

I don't mind driving there to get them everynow and then since I go out of town alot and pass through there sometimes, Just wondering if I bought alot of them then froze them for later on will they be just as effective for the gelatin properties or do they need to be fresh?

I also heard you can get caps in gelatin form, but im not sure what kind of caps to get I looked through the forums, but no one seems to know of what kind thats just as effective as chicken feet to get.

Does anyone have any idea which ones to buy off vitamin world? They have so many different kinds and brands not sure what to get.

Thanks Peeps Woot! Woot! For everyones success on here =)

Author Reply
nymph
(Login SaggyNymph) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 2:21 AM

I'm eating some chicken feet and egg drop soup. YUM.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 9:22 AM

It's okay to freeze chicken feet, that's what I do. I always buy about a month's worth then put 28 feet per bag and freeze them. Make a batch every sunday for a week's use.

Edit Message Delete Message

smallville
(Login smallville21) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 2:24 PM

Hi fengshui
Thank you so much for replying to my message that makes me feel so much better that I can freeze them. I would rather do the chicken soup then take pills because im not much of a pill person myself I also READ that chicken feet soup has been known to cure IBS (irritable bowl syndrome)
which my doctor told me I have so im really looking forward to trying this for that to.

your results are amazing and really have inspired me in so many ways to give NBE a go
Thankyou so much fengshui your the BEST!!!!=)

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 4:30 PM

Fengshui, when you make 28 chicken feet (a weeks worth), do you put the broth in the freezer or just let it stay in the fridge till you're done using it?

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 4:59 PM

Hey by the way- make sure to check and see if you have a local Mexican market. That's where I get my chicken feet.

:-)

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 24 2009, 9:09 PM

Smallville, You are very welcome. Yes, you can get lots of benefits from chicken feet soup, it works wonders on wrinkles also great for the joints. Smile

Double_ace, I make a batch (a week's worth) then keep the broth in seven containers in fridge. When I re-heat the broth, I then throw in green papaya or other stuff to make soups.

LaReve, thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. Smile

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 25 2009, 1:15 AM

Aaahh Fengshui.. you're so smart ;-). Why didn't I think of that sooner, making trips downtown to chinatown is a pain!

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 25 2009, 3:13 AM

Jesus! 28 chicken feet is for 7 servings. Each serving is about 293 calories and 20 grams of fat. No wonder I have a hard time losing weight. I'm going to cut half of this portion and use 14 feet for 7 servings instead. Some chicken feet is better than no chicken feet.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 25 2009, 10:31 AM

Egg, you can scoop out the fat when making the broth, also can try drinking the soup @ lunch. I think collagen is more like/closer protein not fat (please correct me if wrong), I didn't really have weight gain problem when I was on my programme, but I did watch my weight closely.

hematin
(Login hematin) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 27 2009, 4:48 AM

I have heard you can also make pig feet broth the same way and it is more full of collagen and elastin

meehka
(no login) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 27 2009, 5:20 AM

pig feet has a lot more calories than chicken feet.

Double_Ace,

Fine Fare, Met, and other NYC supermarkets sell chicken feet too. But you can really save if you buy in asian supermarkets as they sell them in bulk. If you are Bronx, you can find one near Kingsland/Boston Road and another near Unionport Road/Weschester. The name of the supermarket is Chang/Chung Li. You can find different kinds of yams, green papaya, teas, etc.

meehka

hematin
(Login hematin) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! February 27 2009, 5:25 PM

thanks meekha,
I live in jersey city NJ very close to NYC. which is a good place in NYC? I heard near 34th st.
are you in NY too?
i have heard that pig feet is good for skin too that is why i use it.The bone broth taste good too

meehka
(no login) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! March 1 2009, 9:32 PM

Yematin,

yap, i live in NYC (NE Bronx). I usually get my booby foods in those two asian supermarkets that I mentioned in my older posts. Speaking of pig feet, try to pressure cook it with white kidney beans, put mushroom, yam and seasoning (fennel seeds, pepper, oregano, salt)and it is so yummy! Instead of yam, put water cress instead to vary. Doesn't NJ city have asian supermarkets too? Also try GNC and Vitamin Shoppe outlets for the herbs. Manhattan Mall building has a GNC outlet and beside the Century 21 in lower Manhattan is a vitamin shoppe outlet. I'm sure NJ City has these outlets too. Try to know first so that you dont need to come to NYC.

meehka

Antheia
(Login Antheia) Vegetarian version of chicken feet, anyone? March 3 2009, 12:33 AM

Hello!

Does anyone happen to know what the lacto-ovo vegetarian equivalent to chicken feet would be? It seems like it is the boobie super food, but I don't eat animals, just their tasty milk and honey products. =) I'm going to take a stab at it and say that it's green papaya, but I'm not sure, and I trust the knowledge of those who have been using the whole food approach.

Much obliged if you do!

~Antheia

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! March 3 2009, 2:54 AM

You can replace chicken feet soup with avocado smoothies, naga smmothies or (ripe) papaya smoothies (because green papaya needs to be cooked). If you also don't eat fish, lettece and asparagus, soy are helpful for NBE, too.

Antheia
(Login Antheia) Re: Chicken Feet Woot! March 3 2009, 3:40 AM

Thanks, Fengshui! I love avocados! I'll definitely give that a try. Maybe I could make avocado ice cream, hmm.... (Hey, I think I saw someone on Iron Chef do it, maybe?)

I love how there are so many methods to try, and that so many people have such great insight and advice on this forum; all the programs seem very interesting, and I'm really starting to look into the food one more (to enhance my herbs and massage routine.) I added protein shakes, and maca shakes (sorry waxingmoon, but I don't like the flavor! Oh well, I do looove the energy that I get from them, better than coffee!), and I was looking into actual foods to consider. Noogleberry is also intriguing, but that's a different thread all together! =)

Okay, I babbled enough, take care!

Antheia

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! March 3 2009, 7:27 AM

Meekha! What's going on girl? Ok you got me interested, where did you read that pig's pigs feet have more collagen? And do you have any info on pig ears? LOL, i know I'm taking the topic on to a whole nother level but I've had it before and it tastes really good!

I'm not too far away from the bronx so I'll check out the place you mentioned. In chinatown downtown on mott street I believe (Get off Canal street) I pay about $4-5 for about 40 chicken feet. It's not an accurate estimate since I haven't bought chicken feet in a while..

Damn, I wish it was oxtails, rice and seafood that had all the collagen!

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Chicken Feet Woot! March 3 2009, 7:39 AM

Meekha, sorry, it's 2:38 am and my eyes are playing tricks on me. You said Pig's feet got more calories.. not collagen, lol. And where do you get all this info and fancy recipes from? Maybe we need to talk LOL!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon