Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE & Hypothyroidism?

I've been sort of lurking here off and on a few months, just too shy to say anything.

Got a question for you--What if you're saddled with a slow thyroid condition and trying to do this? The hypothyroidism is hereditary and I researched enough that I've been able to herbally self-medicate and get myself straightened out at last. So far, I've lost nearly 30 lbs. I have 20 left to reach my goal.

Boob-wise, I had gained so much weight that my A's went to B's and then finally C's. So far, I've been lucky that they've stayed around as I've lost weight. I like being proportioned for once! What's weird is that the past couple months, I've noticed that the girls are starting to "muffin top" a little out of the C. I don't know if that's because of what I'm taking or if my hormones have revved back up again or what...

I've gotten used to the girls and I'd hate to lose them when I finally ditch this last 20 lbs. Thing is, I've got to stick to my thyroid diet for my own personal health. Soy is my absolute worst enemy, followed closely by sodium. It's really frustrating.

I don't have the dosages handy at the moment, but part of what I'm taking does include EPO, biotin and a Vitamin B complex. That's helped a lot with appetite, overall appearance (yay hair and nails!) and easing off PMS cramps, though I've heard that EPO might also enhance the bust somewhat. (I'm also taking kelp, raw thyroid, raw adrenal and an herbal thyroid "energy" pill.)

Thanks for any help/advice/whatnot. Smile

Add Kelp and L-Tyrosine. It would be good to know what dosages and other things you are taking.

This might get long. Apologies in advance.

I've definitely got kelp in there--300 mcg daily. That helped curb that awful constant craving for salt.

As for the L-tyrosine, that's included in the thyroid energy pill I'm taking. It also has B vitamins, Selenium, Guggul and several other strange-sounding herbs. It's nearly the same thing as something called "Thyromine", but a lot cheaper. (I read their ingredients list and researched a LOT before diving into this.) The important one, the L-tyrosine, I think I'm taking about 4000 mg daily.

EPO 2000 mg daily. Same with the biotin.

Raw thyroid 1560 mg daily; raw adrenal 330 mg daily.

The B complex is some of everything, seems like. Important bits: B6 8 mg daily; B12 24 mcg daily (they're in the same pill.)

Scratch that, there are B's in the thyroid energy pill too, so it's 16 mg of B6 and 264 mcg of B12 daily.

I've been at it since the 1st of August and wasn't ready to put a lot of stock into the "natural" route, until I started noticing results. Made me consider the NBE thing again with new eyes.

Other important things: Age, 32; no kids; have been able to do some massage, but only when time permits. *sigh* That's why I wondered if maybe a little of that and the EPO was what made them spurt up a little bit? I've been through two periods since and it's not that kind of swelling. It sticks around. Personally, I would like it to stick around till about a D. I just don't want to do anything to thwart the improved health and weight loss I've had so far. I've come way too far to mess that up. Sad

If you have gone from A to C and are keeping it, especially at this time of year, I would say just keep doing what you are doing.

The reason losing weight helps is because of the estrogen receptors in fat cells. You appear to be losing weight slowly, not rapidly, right? If you keep fat in the breasts, then your own estrogen will go to those cells because you are eliminating the other cells, so the available destination for your estrogen is being more targeted toward the breasts. I think that the thyroid effort is helping this immensely.

What are you doing to lose weight? It sounds like you are doing everything right.

When you want to start an herbal program, you might just wait a while until it is closer to spring to start. Something along these lines is what I would recommend:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...6/Untitled

What is the name of the suppliment that is nearly the same as "Thyromine" ? When you started this supplement, did it do anything for your energy levels?

Wahaika

I'll keep on keepin' on then. Smile

When I first started at the beginning of August, things went very fast. I lost about 5 lbs. overnight that very first night on my new program and before the month was up, I had lost 15 lbs. It's slowed down since then, thankfully, so I'm dropping about two pounds every couple of weeks, though there have been some plateau periods. *shrug* It happens. As long as I can at least maintain, I'm okay. Slower loss = better. Less chance for it to bulk back up on me. Unchecked, my thyroid issues made me go up a pants size overnight more than once. D:

I still haven't officially started an exercise regimen--no time!--but I spend a LOT of time darting around the office, around the house, running errands and when time allows, trying to dance. It's good cardio. I cut out all soy products, nixed sodas completely, kicked my coffee habit (which is a HUGE deal, one pot a day!), have gone to a low/no sodium diet, cut out a lot of bread and other starchy things and I drink a lot of sugar-free teas. Lots of fruit and veggies, lots of yogurt too. I still allow myself a naughty "treat" every now and then (cookies, a donut, candy), but I'm more sensible about it. ONE cookie, not the whole bag of Chips Ahoy.

I just hope I make it through the holidays with my willpower intact. I'll see what my friends at the health food store have for that program when warm weather hits again. I don't want to start anything at the wrong time!

The almost-"Thyromine" stuff I take is called "Thyroid Energy" and it's put out by NOW Foods. (You can find it on Amazon, FYI) I compared the ingredients list and they were close enough that it seemed like a good bet. I can also find it locally anytime I need it, which is certainly a blessing.

Thank you, Wahaika!

(I may have to register afterall, huh? Big Grin)

Whoops, I didn't see that last part.

The Thyroid Energy supplements have done AMAZING things for my energy levels. One of the horrid things about a slow thyroid is that you don't feel like doing anything but sleeping. I was tired all the time, in spite of a good night's sleep and that, plus the added weight, the strain on my back and my bum knee (operated on in March of this year), it all made me miserable. Didn't want to go out or do anything, didn't even want to be seen!

After about a week on the stuff, plus the kelp for starters, I began to feel better. A little more "up" for lack of better phrasing. I began to get motivated again and got back to doing things I loved, which I'd given up because I was just too exhausted all the time. Now I'm pretty much constantly on the go, seems like, but I like it. I'm also sleeping better at night. (Also, my bum knee only bothers me during sudden cold snaps, but that's it!)

Sorry, didn't mean to turn it into a thyroid thread, but maybe it will help someone else along the way...?

Thanks muchly. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon