Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to measure mg in dried bulk herbs

I have decided to try Eve's program. The cheapest and most economical for shipping was to buy the bulk herbs in 1lb increments each. On her program she lists dosages in mg. I was wondering how I am suppose to figure out mg dosages from the bulk herbs. Do I weigh it, or do I need some sort of tool to measure mg?
Also... I couldn't find the bere. Does anyone think that would be a problem, or should I just use all the others, and forget about the bere?

Thanks.

The only way you can measure herbs in mg is by weighing them. You can't estimate weight from bulk, because some herbs are bulkier than others and the difference from one herb to another can be substantial.

Hi MoK217,

Actually, this is easy. I put a cup on my letter scale and add teaspoons of a herb until they add up to something the scale can weigh accurately, like 10,000 mg (10 g). Then, for each herb, I memorize how much I will use, in teaspoons.

For instance, 1 teaspoon of my FG powder is 3000 mg. So I take 1 teaspoon a day. My hops is dried but not powdered. One tablespoon is only 1,000 mg. So that will be more than three tablespoons a day.

(15-06-2011, 09:45 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi MoK217,

Actually, this is easy. I put a cup on my letter scale and add teaspoons of a herb until they add up to something the scale can weigh accurately, like 10,000 mg (10 g). Then, for each herb, I memorize how much I will use, in teaspoons.

For instance, 1 teaspoon of my FG powder is 3000 mg. So I take 1 teaspoon a day. My hops is dried but not powdered. One tablespoon is only 1,000 mg. So that will be more than three tablespoons a day.

Thanks Isabelle. I actually just broke down and bought a mg scale. LoL. Much less math for me to deal with, as I am math retarded. LMAO.

MoK217, what brand of mg scale did you get?
Thanks much.

Well MoK217,

Being math challenged may just make you grow faster. Now that you mention it: I've never seen impressive breasts in math classes Big Grin

Soonenough.....here's the link to the scale I bought from Amazon. It was cheap and compact. All these herbs are taking up my cupboard space! LoL

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Gemini-20-Portable-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308315230&sr=8-1

Isabelle,
LoL. I don't think I have ever noticed the breast size of Mathletes! Too Funny. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon