Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw Palmetto and The Pill?

Hey ya'll!!Blush

Ive been on the contraceptive pill (Microgynon) for about 3 years now and I was just wandering if its safe to take Saw Palmetto? See i've read up a thousand and ten reviews saying Saw Palmetto and Red Clover and something else i cant quite remember (lolTongue) decreases the effectiveness of the pill... yet Breast enlargement pills such as Breast Actives and Natureday and other herbal remedies say its all safe?Sad

I reaaaaallllly want to introduce new herbs to my regime but im really scared Sad

any advice?Huh

Ree Bee xxx

I'd say take them for longer than a month and see how it affects your cycle. Birth control, if taken without a week break, is supposed to make you skip your period. So if you do skip it, then the herbs don't interfere with your pills/BC but you do have to control for sexual activity so try not to have sex (very difficult for some haha) or use another physical method of birthcontrol such as a condom and be very careful.

I did not (and other women I read about) have any interactions with herbs and my BC (Nuva ring) so I think the chances of adverse interaction are low for most women. However, your body is unique and I suggest making sure its okay with your body first through a logical method such as the above..

Hope it helped Smile

Thank you so so much!Big Grin

My biggest concern was if my boyfriend would want to go back to using a condom, it turns us both off (its so stinky!Dodgy lol) but seeing as though ive had a bit of an increase in breast size with fenugreek tablets and massages he's quite optimistic so has agreed for me to try these new herbs.

Imma try it for atleast two months and see if it interferes with the BC and/or our sex life. If so, imma just stick to fenugreek lol. Blush

I hope it works tho, maybe then it'll be worth the other "side effects"... well we shall see....

thank you againSmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon