Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Swollen ankles/feet

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum.

Two weeks ago, I started taking ultra breast along with saw palmetto (2000 mg) a day. Stinging nettles (1500 mg a day). I also take kelp to try to regulate my temp as well as swiss lamb placenta (2 capsules at night).

Recently I started noticing swelling in my ankles. Has anyone experienced this?

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks.

Hi Girly, I'm no expert Smile but I think it is due to the hormonal imbalance (which in your case is not necessary a bad thing!) - estrogen or progesterone overload. In certain cases it causes fluid retention - remember how a pregnant woman looks like? Smile So I would say give it time and see. I tried herbal NBE a while ago and it caused swelling too (not the ankles though as far as I can remember), my breasts were swolen and my face a little bit. After the period it was usually all gone.

Hey girly you shouldn't mix herbs with UB.

Thanks ladies for your response.

@ Ginie: I took a few days off and started reintroducing things gradually ... in an attempt to find what the culprit was.
I am currently now taking UB, Saw palmetto (1500 mg). I never resumed the swiss lamb placenta or stinging nettles.

Also taking DIM and everything seems to be fine now. Have also seen some growth . Don't know if it will show on the measuring tape, but I can see itBig Grin

@ Periwinkle12: Yes I've read over and over again (on this board and the BEBOARD) not to mix UB with herbs. But on the beboard, it says that saw palmetto is ok because it is a non estrogenic herb.

Thanks again for your input(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon