Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got my NB and need some tips

Very briefly...I am 39, 2 children that I breastfed (got up to large C cup while nursing), I measure 34A now, and I am a relatively healthy eater consisting of very little sugar, caffeine, and carbs - which has made a huge difference in my body.
After research and reading this forum, I ordered Greenbush Enhancement and took it for almost a month, but did not order more because I did not think it was doing anything for me. I am impatient - I admit it!! At this time I am not taking any supplements.
So, after a month of reading and looking at everyone's success, I ordered a NB. A few days ago I received it and I have been so excited to get started. I started using it twice a day for 4 days so far (30 min sessions.)
This my problem: I ordered the medium cups, because I read on so many threads that women my cup size who ordered the small cups grew out of them quickly and were encouraged to purchase the medium cups instead, so I did.
Well, I have a very bony chest with very little breasts and I do not fill the cups without space on the sides to let air in. So, I got some craft foam and shaped it to the cups, lotion up really well and pump. If I do not press REALLY hard to hold them in place I lose suction. I can get good suction, but I have to hold very still and hold them tight, so I can only do it for about 15-30 minutes until my arms are aching so much that I give up. I want to be able to keep them on at least an hour while I lie down. One night I was able to get really good suction and keep them on for 30 minutes and my breasts felt so different after that, so I know I will respond quickly. I just do not want it to be so tedious every single time. I am thinking that once I swell up enough, I will not have to hold them in place like I do now - not sure.
I would love any friendly advice.

Hmmm, I'd be interested in any responses to your question, because I have the EXACT same issue as you do with NB! I have medium cups, but I'm so dang bony that the air escapes out the sides unless I'm literally crushing myself with the cup to hold it on. Of course I can only do one at a time! And I only last about 5 minutes before my arms give out. So I like totally feel your pain, literally! I ordered the soft foam rings from NB like over two weeks ago, and they still haven't come in yet. Sad *cry* If they actually do come in, I'll let you know how it goes! I've had my NB system for about a month and I cannot use it! SOOO frustrating!!! I had read about Mel's padding solution on NB's forum; she used pipe insulation foam and silicone gel. But that was for the large cups; many people were saying that the mediums were too small to use the pipe insulation foam. So I did not even bother to try that.

But hey, you're lucky; you at least got up to a C cup at one point in your life. That will help you with NB a lot! Smile Cuz your breasts have already been stretched out to that point before. I, on the other hand, never grew at all during either of my pregnancies (I am 33 with two kids). I think I was briefly a 34A cup for two days during engorgement, and that was it (didn't breastfeed). So I'll have a LONG way to go. Sad

Any NB regulars figure out a solution to this problem???

I don't know if this will help. I did read where a user moving up to the, I think, xlarge domes. Used a bra to hold the domes in place. I think it was a nursing bra or she cut holes in the front for the airlines. May or may not work. May not provide enough pressure. Someone here like maybe anastatia might have a better idea. If you do have to order the smaller domes to use until you build up. At least you have the larger domes ready.

Noogleberry was closed for week recently. They may be behind. I would e-mail lucy or customer support to check on your order.

Yes - Andys right. I definately read a post by Anastasia saying that a nice big Granny bra that fits you around the band nice and snugly, with the cups cut out should help you out.
Please be persistent, don't give up! I know you said you are impatient, and it can't help that it is actually a pain in the ass to Noogle for you but keep in mind the progress that you will make with the system. I think I read somewhere, like you said, that once a little swelling is acheived then your problem will be aliveated (sp?).
Try the bra. Keep us posted Smile

I will not give up, because I am soooo excited about everyone else's progress. I will try anything that helps. My husband has even thought of a few things that may help with the suction, so I will let you know if we come up with anything grand.
I noogled last night before bed and then this morning and I swear I can tell a difference, so that is why I am not going to stop. Even if I can do 2 - 15 minute sessions a day, that is something. Also, the thin foam I use helps to keep me from getting indents and seems to help with the suction.
I took some before pics already and when I start to see a difference, I will post after pics.
Thanks for all the input. I will keep on working out my arms in the meantime. Rolleyes

Hi, I´m also a former breastfeeding mom in my late 30s, using the M domes with NB. For me it was easier to maintain suction without the foam rings or any other padding, I just massage in a lot of lotion or oil (in the beginning I would directly cover the border of the domes with lotion, where they touch the skin) and hold the domes in place with my left hand while I pump with my right. It´s also easier lying on my back, especially when I just start the session.

After a while, when you have more fulness, it will get easier to get good suction, so don´t worry too much about it, it just takes time. The only good advice I can give you is to have patience! Which is not easy, I´m quite impatient myself, but it only works with constancy. Also, don´t try to go too fast, you have to be careful of damaging the skin.
hope that helps and good luck!

I, too, just received my NB yesterday. Smile I did about a 15 minute session to try it out and I can see it will take a bit of practice to get it right. What a kick seeing my breasts extend into the domes. I did have a bit of a problem holding the suction constant. It keeps bleeding off. and I have to keep pumping it back up. I think I need an airlock to hold it constant. I may order one up tonight. I did feel a bit foolish with that contraption on my chest but I'll get over it. I'll try bibi's idea of using a lotion first to see if I can seal the domes a bit better. If that don't work then maybe I'll order some rings with the airlock. And maybe I can get my wife to help with some before pics tonight.

Hi Wishful.
Keep up the good work. I have had problems maintaining suction. I have airlocks but silly me have not tried them. I seem to be losing pressure form the domes. But it could be the other way around. I will try the locks and see what happens. Let me know how you get on with yours.

Hi Cbdaisy. You might also try massaging befor noogling. The idea would be to "plump up" the tissues before setting your seal. You could also try alternating from one breast to another, using one dome at a time. the idea would be to get your breasts to start holding the swelling individually. Once you have some swelling started. Then you could pump each breast, then put on both domes.

Good luck.

Ladies if you are not using a GENEROUS amount of lotion or oil on your breasts before pumping, you will have issues pumping! Without that moisture there the seal will be hard to achieve and you will not swell as far inside the domes! Also a lotion or oil will help keep your skin moisturized while it's stretching, prevent stretch marks, etc. This is why I use cocoa butter lotion while pumping.

As far as the whole bra thing to hold the domes, that wasn't my idea, someone on the NB forum came up with that. I never personally tried it but what she did was she bought one of those granny bras that come in a box, got it in her band size but say a B or C cup for the medium domes I'd say should be fine. You then cut some slits in the cups of the bra, put the domes on your chest and put the bra over the domes and fasten it behind your back, should keep the domes on you this way.

Now I'm petite, 27-28" underbust measurement. When I first started I started with the medium domes, I was a size 32B so the same size as a 34A! When I first started the domes would leak air, I found laying on my back didn't help that, the more lotion I used did help, but also slouching a bit and leaning forward helps. I would pump until they sealed on then I had to sit completely still (I'd watch TV during the time to pass time) because if I moved at all I would lose suction. Now this only happened for the first few weeks!!

As Bibi said.... PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE!!! I can't stress that enough!! After a few weeks I could put the domes on and pump, not have to hold them, not have to stay still, etc. Also I only pumped 30 min per session my first month!!! I didn't move to an hour per session till my second month. You don't want to jump the gun too early ladies. Patience wins the race here. After you start swelling good and growing a bit it will get easier!

Hope all this helps and good luck!

By the way I have a 5 year old, I did breastfeed also.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon