Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Pink Pueraria Mirifica

Pink Pueraria Mirifica
January 16 2009 at 1:20 PM smallmellons (Login smallmelons)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. I have been using Pueraria Mirifica (the bright pink bottle from Thai Herbal Products in Thailand) for 16 days now and am a bit confused. I have been reading alot on this forum and the majority have said to take a break from it but on the bottle, which the instructions are not in English, there is one sentence in English that says "take one tablet daily after breakfast. It doesn't mention any thing about taking a break. Is this right. I have emailed the company to ask them but have had no reply. I don't seem to be having any side effects and have noticed more fullness in my breasts.
Please help!

Author Reply
ShyBoobs
(no login) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica January 16 2009, 5:47 PM

Oh no, stop... Don't take them all month. PM is a very potent herb so your body will need a break. Most brands recommend taking for 15 days beginning on your 1st day of menstruation, then stopping for another 15. I'm glad you're getting results at least, but never heard of pink pueraria (or is it just the pink bottle?). I don't like using products when I can't understand the language on the packaging. Lol

Good luck, so far the product seems like it's working. Smile

Edit Message Delete Message

small melons
(no login) Pink Pueraria Mirifica January 26 2009, 7:00 AM

Oh, thanks for that bit of info. I have been away for a week and while I was away I got sent an email from the manufacturer saying to take a break on them but if I wanted fast results, take them non-stop for 30 days. So still a bit confused. When I said pink pueraria mirifica, I did actually just mean that the colour of the bottle was pink!
Thanks again

Antheia
(Login Antheia) I just bought the same pills... February 2 2009, 11:13 PM

Hello!
I just bought the same pills, and I will be starting them on day 1 of my next cycle, so a little less than a month from now. Are they still working well for you? Are you taking just the one tablet as the company suggested, or are you taking a bit more? Sorry for the questions, I'm very new to this. I'm excited to start mine, and I'm glad you asked about the breaks because the bottle is of no help at all! (It's pretty, though.)
Thanks for any info! =)

small mellons
(no login) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 3 2009, 5:54 AM

Hi Antheia, I am just taking the one tablet after breakfast but I am going to try taking it for 30 days, like the lady told me (for fast results) and then stop for a break. No change as yet apart from the extra bit of fullness but early days yet. Good luck with your progress and keep me posted on how your doing on these pills. I have heard some good stuff about these ones in the pink bottle!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 3 2009, 8:33 AM

It sounds to me that this seller known nothing about PM. ''If you want to get faster results take it for 30 days straight'' is bull $hit and I think they just say that to make you use and buy more of the product. You're supposed to take PM only in the first 15 days because that's the part of the cycle when estrtrogen is predominant, so that you support the cycle, not mess it up. In the second part of the cycle progesterone is predominant and too high estrgen could cause signs of estrogen dominance. If you don't get any imbalance signs then it's probably ok for you too take it, but I think it's deffinitely better to cycle it, at least taking a lower dose in the other 15 days.

Antheia
(Login Antheia) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 3 2009, 7:27 PM

Thank you, Moon and Smallmelons, for the info, and I'll keep you posted smallmelons! I'm glad that you heard good things about this product, and here's hoping for a successful journey down the big-boobie path for us both!

SvelteCutie
(no login) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 3 2009, 8:55 PM

There was a girl who took these a few years ago and did get good growth from them. She was taking them during the whole month as well and eventually caused a hormonal imbalance and had breakthru bleeding and stalled growth after a while. I have a bottle of this pm but also 3 or 4 other kinds as well. A while ago I had a fit on ebay one evening and just bought whatever sounded best, lol.

rhapsody
(no login) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 5 2009, 6:35 AM

Something I've been confused about is which 15 days to take it. According to ShyBoobs:

"Most brands recommend taking for 15 days beginning on your 1st day of menstruation, then stopping for another 15."

Whereas Moon says:

"You're supposed to take PM only in the first 15 days because that's the part of the cycle when estrtrogen is predominant, so that you support the cycle, not mess it up. In the second part of the cycle progesterone is predominant and too high estrgen could cause signs of estrogen dominance."

It seems that this is an issue that a lot of people gloss over or confuse. We should try to be a bit clearer on this. It might be the case that PM is only effective during one phase of the cycle, so taking it for 30 days is no more effective, and taking it for the wrong 15 days is ineffective. That might not be the case. Regardless, nobody will ever know unless we don't keep careful track of it. We also shouldn't be too quick to decide that e.g. the follicular phase is the one you should be taking it to maximize effects and minimize side-effects. We may have to try both to see which works best.

Moon has given an argument for why you should take PM during the first 15 days, so I'll give an argument for the second 15 days:

PM contains potent estrogenic compounds. Estrogen and progesterone inhibit the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). LH stimulates the ovaries to produce estrogens (specifically, estradiol). If you supplement your body's hormones with PM or birth control, that can prevent LH and FSH from stimulating the ovaries to produce estrogen and ovulate on time or at all.

When you ovulate, the follicle that released an ovum turns into a body called the corpus luteum (after which the luteal phase is named). The corpus luteum produces large amounts of progesterone and moderate amounts of estradiol, which keeps LH and FSH naturally low. So supplementing estrogen or progesterone levels with PM or birth control pills during the luteal phase probably won't do as much to LH and FSH and probably won't interfere with natural hormone production very much.

On the other hand, taking PM in the luteal phase may have more side-effects than during the follicular phase: since the amount of natural hormones is higher, it may be easier to go "overboard" on them. But on the other other hand, estrogen levels during the luteal phase are lower than in the few days before ovulation, so there might be more "breathing room" then.

Okay. I'm done ranting now.

Antheia
(Login Antheia) Re: Pink Pueraria Mirifica February 6 2009, 4:57 AM

Thanks, SvelteCutie and Rhapsody, for your replies and insight. PM has proven to be very confusing thus far, and I am much more nervous about consuming it now than I was when I purchased it, but I haven't started yet. I will continue to do as much research as possible to find what may work best for me personally, since every woman is different, and keep everyone posted along the way. All I know right now is that Red Clover tea gives me headaches and makes me sleepy, as for everything else, I'm pretty much clueless, especially with PM.

Why do we need to have a break from pm?
September 5 2007 at 3:36 PM It's me. (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!
I have read a lot of posts from you but I still have a question: why do we need to have a break from taking pueraria?
I would like to start taking it because, obviously, I would like to enlarge my breast... by I don´t want to put me in risk.
I am going to buy the brand ainterol, because I have read that its composition is very similar to the st herb one... although ainterol is cheaper... I hope I'm not making a mistake.
I'm 26 years old and I would like to know if I should take just for 15 days the pill and then stop for other 15 days. If so... why? I don´t understand why!
Ahh... I forgot to tell you that the amount of pueraria per day will be 1000mg (two tablets of 500mg each, one in the morning and one at night).
Thanks a lot!!

Author Reply
KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 5 2007, 5:43 PM

hi! im taking the ainterol brand and capping my own about 500mg/ea twice a day (1000). its hard to tell if i am getting exactly 500mg because i dont have a scale or anything. im not cycling - yet. i must warn you though, it gave me diarrhea. at least i think it may be from the PM. it could also be the progesterone cream i was using along with it. too soon to tell. though MFP posted and let me know that PM can stimulate the bowels if taken in large quantities, and that if this happens it is best to reduce the amount you are taking.
i think women cycle PM to keep their periods regular. i was supposed to start yesterday and so far nothing. although i have all the familiar symptoms: cramping, fatigue, bloating, ect. this is my first month so im not sure what to expect yet. MFP posted a link that further explains the diarrhea and also cycling.

http://getbustupgum.com/pueraria-mirifica.html

if i get my period and all is normal im going to continue to take it the way i have been. otherwise, im going to begin cycling next month. good luck to you! have fun capping those lil boogers. not much fun, lol! but much cheaper, yes. (.Y.)

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 5 2007, 7:46 PM

Thanks a lot for your response. I have read about people taking st herbs or mirifem... but not from ainterol... and then, I was afraid that those pills were less successful than the others. I hope your diarrhea dissapear pretty soon. It has to be a little bit annoying!
I will order them... I hope to have them in a few days and start taking them really soon... I would like my breast to increase, at least, a little bit. I will buy just one bottle that last for 50 days... so that I can see if they have any side effect on me.
Just another question... Did you start taking ainterol pills the first day of your period or... it doesn´t matter?
Thanks a lot!

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 5 2007, 11:07 PM

I started taking it the first day of my last period. I didn't buy the pills though, i bought the PM powder and i am capping my own pills. i dont know if their pills are 100% PM or if they put other herbs in there too.

also, here is my post about ainterol. just some more information about their product and what others on this forum think of it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/th...input+-%29

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 5 2007, 11:22 PM

Thanks a lot... I haven´t seen your post before.
I will try the pills, so that I can ensure that I'm not taking more than 1000mg per day... I'm a disaster with measures!!! xDDDD
So... I promise to write since my pills arrive, so that you can follow my progess... that will be if one day I have progress... I hope so!.
And... another question... Are you mixing pueraria with something else? I mean... other herbs... I'm not sure if taking pueraria alone... or mixing it with other herbs... What would you recommend?
I would like you to know that English is not my mother tongue... so, sorry if I don´t understand everything... or for some missunderstandings.
Are you still with diarrhea?

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 6 2007, 2:11 AM

No I am not mixing the PM capsules with other herbs. Most do not recommend this. But I do take calcium suppliments with it as I have read it is good to take along with PM. I also take Saw Palmetto 160mg extract twice per day.

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 6 2007, 6:12 AM

I take skimmed milk... and the one I take is made rich by calcium... Do you think is enough?
On the other hand... If I receive the pills in a week I think I won´t wait until my next period because if not... I have to wait for almost a month for starting taking them. Maybe people start the first day of their period to control it... I mean, when they follow the 14 days in, 14 days off program. If not, do you know if this is necessary?
Thanks a lot, once more!

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 6 2007, 11:51 PM

Yes I am sure the calcium you are recieving in your milk is good enough. I can't drink milk, that is why I take the supplements. Also, I think most women start PM on the first day of their period if they are going to cycle. I'm not sure though. Maybe you should ask some of the other ladies who ARE cycling. They would know more about this.

katherine
(Login BObabe) Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 7 2007, 12:11 PM

Hi

Taking PM for the first half of your cycle(starting day 1)does tend to help keep or eventually attain the goal of regular cycles, but another reason is that then you are adding (phyto)estrogen when it is naturally building up in your body. Estrogen naturally climbs from day 1 and then falls off by the mid-point of your cycle (when progesterone kicks in). It builds on the pattern mother nature does on it's own. This being said, not ALL prepackaged PM holds to this dosing either: eg, Mirifem Full Potential. Would have to check out their site to see why they don't or check out the info on Deb's ebay store (she has quite a bit there). I believe this might have come up earlier on the forum as well....I'll see what I can find and get you some links Smile

katherine

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 7 2007, 6:44 PM

Thanks a lot to all you!!
I think that I am going to wait until I receive the pills, so that I can read the prospectus, and then I will comment on them here. :o)
Maybe in a week I will have the bottle I ordered at home... I hope so!!

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 9 2007, 6:43 PM

Just wanted to warn you that I am now almost a week late on my period! I wrote to Ainterol and asked them if they recommend cycling and why. I will post their response as soon as it arrives. I think I might start cycling after all.

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 9 2007, 9:27 PM

Thanks for writing that!
Have you achieved any result so far?
I wrote them asking the same question as you, I mean, if I should follow the 14 days in, and 14 days off pattern, and this is what they answered:

"So far what all done research tells us (and returned feedback) the time of
starting to take Pueraria Mirifica doens't have much effect to periods.
However, some customers claims that PM capsules been helping to overcome
some periodical pain. There is no 14 + 14 intake time for PM. PM can be
taken everyday for 3-5 months when maximum effect of PM is done."

I haven´t received my pills yet... I think I will receive them at the end of this week... The problem is that I will start cycling in two or three weeks more :o( I am wondering if waiting until the first day of my period or starting the first day I receive them. ¿¿??

Once more, thanks a lot! :o)

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 10 2007, 1:10 AM

No results so far. Its only been a month though. Sometimes my boobs feel itchy and other times I get deep pains, mostly in the upper part of my boobs, but they don't last very long. I don't know why they said PM doesn't effect periods. I've done alot of reading and even in monkeys it stalled their period when taking 1000mg/day. Mine is usually pretty much on time. After I had my daughter I got it EXACTLY 4 weeks from birth and I was breastfeeding! I know PM is definatly effecting my period. I guess its up to you if you want to cycle or not. If you decide not to do the 14 + 14 then I assume it would be OK to start whenever you want. I just thought I would warn you. I'm going to continue to take it as I have been until September 14th, then I will stop and being cycling.

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 10 2007, 9:38 AM

Hi again!
Any response, yet?
Well... What do you think about it: taking 1000 mg the first 14 days, starting the day of the period, and the following 14 days taking only 500mg?
I don´t know, but I afraid that if I stop taking pueraria for those 14 days... I won´t see any result!!
Please, write as soon as they answer your message.
Thanks!

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Here is what they said: September 10 2007, 1:00 PM

"Those are mostly recommended by other brands with MIXED herbal capsules. Those contain sappanwood & safflower which effects straight to blood circulation. Therefore they recommend to take in such cycles while many woman feels more stomach ache and some even been said to loose more blood during their periods. Furthermore, loosing more blood makes them tired too. While our Capsule & powder is PURE Pueraria Mirifica we haven't given such recommendations at all. CPure Pueraria Mirifica can be taken continously for 3-5 months and keeping break for 1-2 months if wish to continue. Actual treatment max. is 3-5 months. Some takes PM after this only once every 2-3 days to keep hair & skin properties good as well as hormonal stability is better. We have been researching PM effects since 2002 and next year we have a major research and we invite some 2500-3000 women from different backgorunds.It's the first larga scale research ever done. We have been listening our clients for 5 years and all research results & recommendations are based on that.We do work continously with European Universities & doctors who recommends Pueraria Mirifica to women and to men too (yes they can take it too but less)."

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 10 2007, 3:57 PM

And... What do you think about this?

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER HMMM.... September 10 2007, 9:14 PM

After I got that e-mail, I responded and told them that my period is 6 days late. This is what they said:

" It's very small procent of women PM effects to regular period cycle. All what we have registered since 2002, some 1-1.3% of women say it effected in the beginning. Some said after starting to take PM the period pain & blood loss was much less than ever before (this was also their own observations). While we do not conduct any medical examinations to our PM users. We always recommend to make observations by themselves. You can get lots of info of Phytoestrogens and Miroestrgogens from net and how it effects. Overall PM effects differently to every woman. Many wishes lightning fast breast growth or firmess. The fact is that it takes that 3-5 months to see the end results. It's really up to body type and very personal how fast it effects. Eating behaviour is quite big part of total success. Next year we are looking to major research about these issues while those are never researched.

- ainterol "

Interesting that they did not mention this in the last e-mail. Amazing how I seem to fall in that 1-1.3% that gets messed up periods. I'll bet (but I hope not) I'll be in that 10% that does not achieve any breast growth. <-- I say, or type rather, with sarcasm.

So I guess you and I can be the Ainterol guinea pigs for the forum. Be sure to make yourself a personal program page and if you are comfortable with it send Eve some photos too. We will only be about a month or so apart from another so it should be interesting to compare each other's experiences. I have not had any luck with other herbal breast enhancements or bovine ovary, so I hope it works. At least with the late period I know its doing SOMETHING.

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 10 2007, 9:43 PM

How can I have my own personal program page?
Well... It doesn´t sound really reliable. But... What can I do know? I mean... I have ordered a bottle. What I can do is to take the bottle that will last a month and a half and If I don´t achieved any result... I will change to another brand, maybe Mirifem Full Potential. I have read that those pills don´t affect periods at all.
But... Firstly I will try Ainterol Pueraria pills for two main reasons: I have already ordered them... and they are!! xDDD
Don´t worry, since I will continue writing in this forum, so that we can know different thins from each other :o)
From an Ainterol Guinea pig!! Hehehehehe.

Lost Sheep
(no login) Personal Program September 10 2007, 10:06 PM

Here is where you start your personal program thread:
http://www.breastnexus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22

It's me.
(no login) Re: Why do we need to have a break from pm? September 10 2007, 10:38 PM

Thanks a lot.
Since I receive the bottle of pills, I will post my own personal record there.
Thanks!

14 day break - anyone?
January 29 2007 at 8:36 PM jen (Login jennifer1974)

I'm going to try not doing the 14 day break. My period is already irregular, so it's no big deal!

Anyone else doing this?

Author Reply
jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 14 day break - anyone? January 29 2007, 11:32 PM

jen, which stuff are you taking ??? if its the cheap 500mgs one please be careful !!!!and if you have a period at all i suggest you do the 15 day break and maybe youre period will improve in time !!! now Im no expert but the 500mg pill was taken by Tap and you can read her program she had heaps of problems and went off it also moost importantly Shell went on that one and she got a blood clot and had to stop the pill and some months later started st her. at the time she wasnt sre if the pm had given her the blood clot BUT YESTERDAY ON THE ABC I HEARD THAT OVERTAKING SOME PHYTO ESTROGEN IN HIGH DOSES CREATES BLOOD CLOTS !!!!!! now that alerted me to the strange things happeneing to thoses girls. please read both thier programme pages Im still on st herb with mood swings but im still trying to hang on. thier pills are 400mg twice a day the cheap brand is 500mg twice a cay take care and let us know how you go love jelly....

jen
(Login jennifer1974) PM issues January 30 2007, 12:42 AM

Thanks Jelly, you're sweet for being so concerned about everyone!

It's weird - I bought PM from the UK company, and I got the 500 mg tablets, but I also bought some direct from Thailand and their capsules are only 50 mg!

My gut tells me to trust the pills coming from Thailand, because that's where the herbs are sourced from! I bought them from http://www.buddhacare.com/buddhacare/bod...atment.htm

I think I'll be sticking with the 50 mg pills for now with no breaks. That must be why the UK site tells women to take breaks - because the dosage is so high!

All of this is so confusing! Maybe we should focus our energy on showing people how sexy small breasts can be, instead!! Wink

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 14 day break - anyone? January 30 2007, 7:12 AM

great things come in small packages lol........ love jelly.....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon