Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The PM 14-day break?

PM 14-day break?
January 13 2007 at 3:25 AM Herbal Hope (Login jennifer1974)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happens if I don't take a break with the PM pills?

Author Reply
lassysam
(Login lassysam)
SENIOR MEMBER I, too would like to know January 14 2007, 8:07 PM

I would like to know the answer to this as well, if anybody knows

Edit Message Delete Message

Ash
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? January 15 2007, 5:07 PM

Hi girls
when i first started taking PM i didnt take any breaks. My cycle gradually got longer and longer and I got very bloated. I stopped taking PM around end Sept. Ive just ordered 2 bottles from Uk and plan to do the 15 days on 15 days off for a while and see what happens.
xx

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 2 2009, 10:36 AM

bump

Dija
(no login) Missed Periods June 10 2009, 5:33 PM

Taking PM for more than 14 days repeatedly will result in the loss of menstruation. Similar to how birth control regulates your cycle based on hormones, the phytoestrogens in PM will also have an effect on your period which would be its absence if taken for more than the 14 days.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 6:33 PM

Is it a bad thing to not have your period?

I don't know what the implications are but it seems ok for now, until medical professionals say it was not ok. However, I may consider this option of taking PM everyday instead of 14 days. I would like to see the results it would bring. Ofcourse I never do things by the book, I always like to experiment and see for myself. Also, everyone's body is different and repsonds to things differently. I am thinking of PM because Snowflake said she didnt respond to anything else but it. I would probably try Bella's too because of the money back guarantee.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 7:04 PM

Please girls do a forum search on SHell's posts and program page. She took high doses of PM without breaks, cycle was running like something like 39 days apart or worse, don't know the exact details,, anyway Shell develpoed a blood clot in her leg, which was because of the PM. And maybe she was on the pill too, not sure about that point. But anyway... you get your period for a reason,,, it is one way the body cleanses and detoxes itself, in other words don't mess with such a strong herb only to take a risk as to what the outcome would be. 14,15 days has always been the max for high PM doses,, 800mgs to 900mgs daily.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 7:54 PM

Thanks Snowflake for the warning. I am not on BCP though, and I think that may have been the problem with Shell. Or perhaps it was not NBE related at all. Many people get bloodclots who are not doing NBE. It happened to a friend of mine and she wasnt doing anything NBE related.

I am not even sure if I will try PM though just considering it and gathering info. Reading through the old posts has been helpful. But there still isnt good enough info to tell me why it works, how exactky it works, what sort of people it has worked for in the past, etc. There is just not enough info out there for me. Which is why I am hestitant to try it.

Also, the main issue among most users is the messed up periods. I dont understand why that happens and what the PM is doing to our bodies.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 8:22 PM

Your right,, very little info on PM. I found a good site. Its www.alternativedoctor.com/hrt.

This guy Keith Scott- Munby is also on you tube where I found him.. Search you tube for Pueraria Merifica and you will come across his videos. I found his info alittle more reassuring and help ease the fear I had of PM. But I also felt anxious when I first tried BO too.
But I was sure Shell's blood clot was Pm related, and with the pill I think and not taking breaks. Anyway good luck, and hope you find info that helps you decide. I am not on the pill either,,, I am 45 and thought Pm would help replace estrogen that I am probably loosing because of aging,, which is what this Scott-mumby guy is promoting PM for too,,, HRT. But he also states about the PM making breats larger. So good luck and keep in touch with what you find and what you decide.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 8:35 PM

Snowflake,

How long have you been on PM?

I remember you said you went froman A to a B which is pretty good. I am an A right now and trying to get to DD's. If I end up with D's or even C's I would be happy. I am 25 with 65 year old breasts! After breastfeeding they sag pretty bad. I would like them to be bigger but also firmer.

I took an "online hormonal imbalance test" and it says I am estrogen dominant. Should I even be taking PM? Should I take it with progesterone cream? Will PM even work for me? Theres so many questions I have and no real definate answer to any of them.

Thanks for the link I will check out the info.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 9:01 PM

You and me both!!!! I had 3 kids,, breast fed them until between 4 and 6 months. I was 24 and left with 12 year old boobs. And way too thin. I took I think 2 cycles around he end of 2008,Nov and Dec, went off, to try and loose weight from Champix I was on to try and quit smoking,,,, Went on for a week this spring and again for a week just now and off again(SHOT< SHOT< SHOT) cause I had to go on an antibiotic for bad chest cold. So I really haven't had a great shot at it yet! Anyway , honestly from what I was able to take, went from a A cup to a B,,, sometimes B is really full,, sometimes a little deflated,, but I still can't wear the A cup bras anymore. SOOOOOO as soon as I get off the cold mediccation I will be back on PM come hell or high water with out breaks.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 9:07 PM

OH,, I would love to be a really full C,, I am short, 5,2 And small frame,fine boned, but have gotten alitle pudgey around the middle which is really pissing me off cause I never had this trouble before,,, i am afraid its what they call middle age spread and OMG I am not ready for that yet! I would love a big C, and would totally enjoy buying C bras.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 9:23 PM

Sorry,, I can't answer all your questions,, but all you can do is try and see,, like everything else here it really is it and miss for everyone. I do wish I had started with the PM thing first instead of ALL the other crap but the stronger something is, it makes us think about our health first and foremost. But once you start to see results you know it must be your magic key. So good luck and hope your decisions are easy ones.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 10 2009, 11:02 PM

Snowflake,

How long did it take you to go from an A cup to a B cup?

Thats what I really want to know!
Thanks.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 11:06 AM

About 2 months, went through 2 cycles.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 1:59 PM

Thanks snowflake, that is pretty impressive.

I was very impressed with Bellas pictures too! They are great! Even though it took her 16 months, she stuck with it and did it. PM is less work I think than any other NBE program. All you really need to do is take PM pills use PM cream or spray and take a calcium supplement and perhaps collagen. BO was alot of work because I always had tomake sure I took a protein shake after taking the pills, which is not always convenient for me.

I am wondering what else do you take besides the PM pills?

How long are you going to continue? Until you get to a fullC? A full C would be a dream for me as an A right now. I know it can be done but it will just take some time. I have increased from 31 inches to 35 inches on BO but after a while the growth seemed to slow down, drastically. That is why I want to try PM just for something different, because maybe my body is getting used to the BO. I have more BO left but feel as though I need to switch it up tp keep going.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 2:05 PM

Snowflake, you are in Canada too?

I went on Bellas site and I see $50 for a 2 month supply. What are you getting for $100, if that is a 6 month supply?

Also, when it gets to Canada do you have to pay any taxes or other fees to the delivery man? I always had to pay like $50 extra to the mailman when I bought greenbush products. It was taxes and some other processing fees or something like that. I askes Bella and she said that she doesnt know.

How much are you taking daily? Bella said she ramped up slowly to 1500 mg. I dont think I would take so much but maybe after a while.

Thanks.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 3:05 PM

Go to order page,, scroll way down,,, its buy 2 for $98 and get 1 free,, thats a 6 month supply,, 2 months per tin. And I think buy the time I paid exchange on dollar which wasn't much, cause at that time we were very close to par, and pay the postage, which was $19 dollars,, it was about $123. No extra charges,, Bella ships priority post.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 3:10 PM

OK I was wrong,, just checked my email receipt I kept on file and it was $119. That was it. Its buy 2 get 1 free, 1oo dollars plus 19 shipping. check exchange on dollar for now. I intend if all goes well order more and stay on it for about a year. thats if I don't have weight issues and smoking issues. Plus I also think I did so well because I was not smoking,, it really messes with your hormones.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 3:22 PM

Thanks for the info Snowflake.

I used to smoke for 10 yrs, and I quit about a yr and a half ago. I think smoking really slows dow your results. Please tell me that you quit.

When you are done can you please come back here to tell us about your results. I am talking like after a yr or however long you take it for.

If I decide to take it I will let you know of my results.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 3:34 PM

Sorry for so many posts, I kept forgetting what you asked and had to go back and read again. The parcel was delivered to my mailbox,, we are rural, so that was great! No extra charges above what was quoted when I purchased. 119, that was all.

I take kelp,, 1000mgs in morning and again at night. kelp helps thyroid gland process hormones. I take 2000mgs vitamin C daily,, no matter what, it is water soluable, body can not store it. I take 2000mgs of Omega 3 daily, morning and night, its good for your heart and helps stop wrinkles. I take B100 sometimes twice daily but mostly once daily,, it helps hair grow and helps body metabolize fat, so kinda a weight control thingy for me too. Also garlic capsules, 500mgs morning and night,, I have sinus issues and it is a natural anibiotic and anti viral. plus helps with cholestrol,, keeping blood cholestrol low. Just bought MSM so will be taking that too, 100omgs morning and night, it will also help fight wrinkles as it promotes collagen which is great for skin. I must sound obsessed about wrinkling.look bout 34,, I have been mistaken several times for my daughter's sister, and my daughter is 27,,,, soo it must be working for me.. I also moisturize my face with Curel,, Pregnancy and motherhood cream,,, its for preganant tummies, but it has Elastin and collagen and Vit E in it. If it can stop stretch marks on swelling tummies it will stop wrinkles. Anyway I love it, it absorbs well.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 3:35 PM

Sorry,, I only took 900mgs of PM daily,, i was too nervous to take more.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 11 2009, 4:11 PM

Thanks.

I am concerned about wrinkles too and I am only 25! I am concerned with preventing them because I dont have any now, except a couple under my eyes. So now I am trying to put Vitamin E oil under my eyes at night, sometimes I forget. I have some on my tummy though from 2 pregnancies that I am trying to get rid of. I am thinking of getting DMAE, they call it face lift in a jar. I am going to try it on tummy to see if it firms it up.

I hear PM is also good for skin and fighting wrinkles which is why I wanted to try it, plus it is good for hair. It a 3 in 1 for me.

christi
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 3:52 AM

bump!

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 12:58 PM

I am planning on ordering some vitamin C too.For skin and collagen..I have some fine wrinkles on my forhead due to sunburns and tanning..I am only 25 so..
Is there a big difference between the time release Vitamin c and the normal one?Which is better?I am planning on buying them from Puritan..

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 3:20 PM

I just found out about that Puritan site everything is like 75% cheaper than what I would pay here!

I am wondering have you bought things from this site before? I never heard of the them before my friend intorduced me to this site.

I take the time release Vitamin C, the reason I take it is because your body can only absorb a certain amount of Vitamin C at a time. Over and beyond the amount will be wasted. So with the time release it releases a little bit throughout 8 hrs, so your body doesnt waste it because your body does not store any Vitamin C at all.

I am just wondering why you are going to take Vitamin C for wrinkles?

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 5:55 PM

Vitamin C promotes your body produce its own collagen. Vitamin E and Vitamin A are also essential for beautifyl skin,, although they are not water soluable, the liver can store them,, a weeks break from them is a good idea from time to time. Co 10 and Pycnogenol are also very good for skin elasticity, but alittle on the pricey side. I use Omega 3 instead.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 5:57 PM

All of these,,, I meant for internal use!!!!

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 6:15 PM

Thanks Snowflake.

Why do you use Omego 3's? I have like 2 big bottles sitting here that I have not been taking. CoQ10 taken internally is good for your skin? I also have 2 small bottles of CoQ10. If I break them open and put them on my skin it would be good as well?

I am desperately trying to get rid of my stretch marks by taking things internally and externally too.

Would PM help my stretch marks and wrinkles on my tummy because it is also good for your skin? Have you noticed any good effects of PM on your skin?

Eila
(Login prinny1431) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 8:01 PM

With my PM experience, I have to say that I see no change in my skin. I'm taking Ainterol's PM and although my breasts have changed a bit, I have not seen any reduction in acne even though my acne is mild to begin with. Also, it says that some users don't even have to use lotion. That's also definitely not true at all. I guess I should be happy that its at least working for its main purpose, but still I'm disappointed that it hasn't done much for my skin thus far. At least it didn't get worse though.

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 13 2009, 11:27 PM

No offense or anything but I dont think I will be trying Ainterol's PM just because of all the people who said it didnt work for them. I dont want another disapointment because it could work or it could not work for me.

Also, did you have any problems taking Ainterol everyday? I thought PM was only supposed to be taken 14-15 days out of every month, due to the luteal and follical phases.

Eila
(Login prinny1431) Re: PM 14-day break? June 14 2009, 12:50 AM

To be honest, I don't think you should even try Ainterol if you don't feel like it. If I would have seen this forum before trying it, I definitely wouldn't have purchased that brand of PM either. The only reason I'm still on it is because I actually am seeing a difference that I never saw when I took herbal blends or even when I took Breast Gain Plus. I'm not sure if I'm going to grow any more than I have, but I hope to. I'm halfway through the second bottle of the three bottles I bought, so I've been on it for approx 2.5 months(75 days). Depending on how great the difference is when I finish my last bottle, I might come off it and switch to Bella's PM. I definitely feel the success is the PM itself and how strong the concentration is; not the brand name behind it.

So far I have not had problems, and I take the pills twice daily(500mg each); once when I wake up and once before bed. It also recommends taking it with calcium tablets. I was doing that at first, but then I stopped and I seem to be doing just as good. I might buy calcium tablets again though. The directions had never mentioned taking breaks at all, which I later wondered about since I saw that a lot of other places talk about taking breaks. I haven't had any problems thus far except for my last period being late by about 5 days. This month it came at around the same time as last month, though. The only thing I wasn't feeling too comfortable with is that my hips/butt went from 35.5 inches to 37 inches. I'm going to keep monitoring that and if it keeps growing I really can't bear to take PM anymore.

Eila
(Login prinny1431) Re: PM 14-day break? June 14 2009, 1:00 AM

I forgot to add that I have been feeling a tad bloated though. I've been exercising more hoping to counter it, but if I do continue to feel bloated in my tummy area, I'm definitely cutting back on the PM to 15 days of the month whether I like it or not. I enjoy that I see some results but I don't want to gain weight in my legs/stomach/hips in exchange.

If my lifestyle helps any:

-I'm 24 and I've never had children.
-I'm 5'3" and I variate between 115 and 121 pounds(during that time of the month I usually hit 121)
-I'm a vegetarian.
-I've never smoked cigarettes and I also do not drink any alcohol whatsoever.
-I also take Vitamin Shoppe's Ultimate Woman Multivitamin, Bacopa(for brain stimulation) and Trader Joe's MSM, although I do forget to take them sometimes.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER 32DD June 15 2009, 8:10 AM

Ok snowflakes answered the vitamin C question and if you check on the main foum under (Thank you moon) i guess there is a thread about someone who used Palmers cream and collagen pills(internally) and had good results with strech marks.I don't know if you saw that thread my memory is a little bit bad these days..
I have purchases from puritan many times before..They even have a sight with 70% off www.puritansale.com and the one that offers buy 1 get 2 and that www.puritan.com .

I usually buy the Flaxseed from them for omega 3.It is also good for skin and nbe.I have also bought milk thistle once and few herbs.They have good customer service Smile

I also wanted to but the msm from there but will try to buy them from the site double-ace suggested since they have them in bulk and it is cheaper..

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER This is the thread 32DD June 15 2009, 8:34 AM

http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...n+together-

32dds
(no login) Thanks Sandy! June 15 2009, 3:14 PM

I will start taking my omega 3s, but it has to be at night because during the day I keep burping up the omega 3s, only thi particular brand I bought from walmart.

I have been taking 3000 mg of MSM with Vitamin C and it has been greatly imporving my stretch marks. Ofcourse it takes some time to first to see results. Also, I had bought MSM cream from ebay which had a money back guarantee. It really started to work. So now I just empty out the capsule into my lotion but to let it sit for about a couple of weeks before I use it. That seems to help as well. So I do both internally and externally.

I am hoping to add collagen capsules and gelatin capsules too. I have horrible stretch marks on my tummy from 2 pregnancies. I have been working actively on them for about a yr and they are much better but still very noticeable. I would like them to be non exisistent, if possible. However, I just started taking 3000mg of MSM. Before I was only taking 1000mg which didnt do anything for my stretch marks. I also was only focusing on the outside not the inside.

I may mix some cocoa butter with my MSM cream I made to see if that helps anymore. Again, thanks.

How is the booby growth going?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 16 2009, 8:05 AM

Best of luck with that,Have you tried even increasing the dose to 5-6g a day?The girls saw good results with that..When i take my flaxseed i don't burb or anything and even when that happens it isn't bad since it is from flax and not fish Smile

My order didn't arrive yet.I will have to start in July(waiting for my next cycle).I will order the flaxseed again and vitamin C(1500 mg time release) + Msm which i will start after one cycle of PM to know if the dose of PM is good enough first..Let's hope for the best this time.I have to get it right!!

I have some strech marks on my lovehandles,not severe but i hope Msm helps with that with the vitamin C..We'll see how things Go Smile Good luck again!

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 16 2009, 12:04 PM

32dd have a look at this..It might help too.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_po...TID=166939

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 16 2009, 2:06 PM

Awww thanks Sandy for the link!

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 18 2009, 1:21 PM

So my order from Siriporn Cosmeceutical was returned..I never got it..Something was wrong with the package and was scanned and returned to the US..I don't know what will happen next..Will it be 150$ down the drain?!!I am very disapponted in the whole thing.will see what happens next..SadSad

32dds
(no login) Re: PM 14-day break? June 18 2009, 2:14 PM

No, it shouldnt be $150 down the drain. You should contact the companylet them know it has been returned and that they should send you out a new pacakage. Any good company would do that, because it happened to me before.

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PM 14-day break? June 19 2009, 9:41 AM

Yes i did that.They will resend the whole thing and investigate about what went wrong..Hope i get them sometime soon!I started to think maybe this is a signal that i should't take them but i'm trying to keep thinking positive.

What's the theory behind cycling with PM?
March 14 2009 at 1:52 AM Memee (Login MemeeGurl)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone

I'm a bit confuse about PM. Most people take it within the first 14 day (or so) of cycle. Is that to boost the estrogen level in this period? Or is it too strong of an estrogenic herb to take full cycle?

xoxo
Memee

Author Reply
Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: What's the theory behind cycling with PM? March 14 2009, 11:54 AM

Yes I believe both are the two main reasons for this cycling. PM would mostz likely mess up your periods if you didn't cycle and it's a helluva strong herb too so you don't want to take more of what's necesary.

PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please!
February 1 2009 at 5:10 PM madboobie (Login madboobie)

Girls,

to all who use PM and cycle it, do you do 15 on 15 off regardles of whether you have come on or not, or do you do 15, then wait to come on, then start for 15 again?

If you start your next 15 before your period has started, did you find this regulated your period after a while?

Are any of you using progesterone cream in addition in the second part of the cycle? And if so, do you feel it helps to keep your period regular?

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

Author Reply
ShyBoobs
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 1 2009, 6:19 PM

Hey,

I had been waiting on my period to start each cycle when I had been using St Herb's caps. 1st month was good since it lengthened my cycle to 30 days. But this month AF is late, despite me using PC. I went ahead and continued using the caps (with Siriporn now) even though my period failed to show. I've already had my 15 day break and Deb had said to restart without waiting for AF. As I had mentioned in another thread, I think maybe the high dose on St Herb caused this big delay. So most likely I'll have a more normal period now that I'm only taking 200 mgs.

Funny I'm finding myself in your shoes now, madboobie, with the period delays lol. Didn't think I would run into that prob. How's things going for you by the way?

madboobie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 2 2009, 11:41 AM

Hi ShyBoobs

Things are fine basically although think period will be late again, which kind of p***** me off as I took PM for 12 measly days this month!

I might be on the verge of a rethink but having spent a small fortune on WU I'm not sure where to go next.

Maybe nowhere!!

I am much more accepting of myself now so maybe massage will be enough. I don;t know though. My boobs are definitely better but its been well over a year and though I say definitely, I don't really in all honesty measure much difference - its purely visual with and without bra and also the feel - more of a handful there!

It's a pretty confusing conveyor belt this all in all.

I will keep tabs on your PM progress ? period issues!

Thanks for asking after me. X

SvelteCutie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 2 2009, 5:42 PM

When I start up the pm pills again I'll be using progesterone cream to be safe. The last time I used pm pills it made my periods crazy and I was uber moody. I was using pm from St. Herb but this was BEFORE they had the brand name, maybe around 2002 I believe.

ShyBoobs
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 2 2009, 6:31 PM

madboobie,

I really hope you don't call it quits just yet. Sad I know this process can be annoying or frustrating...but if you really don't like taking the PM caps, then maybe you should try cream instead. The Ro-Bust cream that I'm using is pretty good and I experienced an increase in fullness within 2 days. Way faster than St Herb. There's a few others here that can verify similar results. I dunno if you're in US or not, but it may be an option you should try?

SvelteCutie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 2 2009, 9:24 PM

Well scratch the progesterone cream idea. Apparently it causes sleepy estrogen receptors to activate and I'm going to have enough going on with the pm alone, don't want to throw myself into an imbalance. Sigh, off to find something to replace pc.

madboobie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 3 2009, 1:18 PM

HI Sveltecutie

What were you planning on using the progesterone cream for exactly? Would you have used it for the next 15 days?

Did you figure out an alternative?

Shyboobs... won't call it quits yet but I JUST WANT MY PERIOD BACK TO NORMAL!!!! Scream.....

SvelteCutie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 3 2009, 6:38 PM

Madboobie,

I was going to use the progesterone cream during the luteal phase to balance the pm but after reading waxingmoon's post on how progesterone works on our estrogen receptors I was thrown a bit. But then I referenced back to chiyomilk's blog and she used progesterone like supplements(though they do have some estrogenic herb ingred. included too) during the luteal phase so I thought I'd at least give it a try. The supplements she used contain:

1. Glucose.

2. Lemon juice powder

3. Saw palmetto extract powder

4. Wild yam

5. Fenugreek extract powder

6. Black cohosh extract powder

7. Extract powder of dandelion root

8. Chaste berry extract powder

9. Red clover extract powder

10. Cumin

11. vegetable sterol (soybean origin)

12. sucrose fatty acid ester

13. citric acid

14. sweetener (aspartame, L-phenylalanine compound)

15. flavoring agent

I am very interested in using chasteberry as a luteal phase supplement but after researching I noticed vitex can't be taken at high doses because it inhibits prolactin levels because vitex also mimics dopamine at high levels and dopamine blocks prolactin. Chiyomilk explains this a bit in her blog and suggests a maximum dosage of 120 mg vitex. I think that dose has been far exceeded by many on here who have used it and perhaps thats why vitex didn't work for them.

Anyway, on a stroke of dumb luck I found some pills called female balance that includes borage oil powder 133mg, wildyam 75mg, dongqaui 50mg, vitex 50mg, trace black cohosh and that's what I'm going to go with for now for the luteal phase.

Sorry for the loooong answer Smile

madboobie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 3 2009, 7:11 PM

very happy for the long ansswer which I will read in more detail later! Thank you

ShyBoobs
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 3 2009, 7:11 PM

s-cutie,

that's an interesting product you found there. Let us know how it goes with that. The only thing I'm not fond of is the black cohosh, since I heard it's not good for liver. I use PC since I was ED and progesterone deficient (but still had low estrogen too). It didn't help with the late period prob this time around, obviously. XD

Madboobie,

Glad to hear! Hope your period begins to regulate soon. And FYI, I got mine late last night. So AF is FINALLY in the building. The good thing is that I don't have cramps! I usually do. But now it's just the occassional discomfort, and that I can deal with. Plus the flow isn't so heavy like it was the past 2 months, which is awesome. Hopefully I won't jinx myself later on. Smile

SvelteCutie
(no login) Re: PM and cycling - all PM users thoughts, please! February 3 2009, 9:04 PM

Your welcome madboobie. Smile

Shyboobs when I saw the black cohosh ingredient I immediately had the same reaction. It is a small amount but still. :/ I'll only be taking it for 8 days out of the month and will do a liver detox after three months of my BE program so hopefully I'll be able to curb liver toxicity. I'm tempted to use a liver cleanse while taking them as well, don't know if that would be the best thing during that time though.

15 on 15 off
August 30 2006 at 10:28 PM Anonymous (Login rkai93)

so ladies
i am on st. herb. a couple of women on the genereal ofrum said they don't bother with the break - but it's kinda expensive not to, and I think that the company wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't importnat

so my question is:
do you start again on the 30th day, even if your period is nowhere in site?
so confusing

Author Reply
Ash
(no login) Re: 15 on 15 off August 31 2006, 11:52 AM

Hi
I think you'll find that those of us who were not taking a break eventually experienced problems with late periods. I have now decided to do 14 days on and 14 days off in the hope that my once very regular cycle ( 28 days regular as clock work) will settle down again. You have to remember that PM is very strong and obviously builds up in our bodies for the changes we have had on our cycles. My feeling is that they wouldnt recommend a break without reason. It will be interesting to see if after a few months of my new regime I still have growth.
Best of luck
x

tearadropDs
(no login) Re: 15 on 15 off August 31 2006, 5:12 PM

Hi in response to your question, yes you do take the herb on 30th day regardless of whethrer your period has come or not! hope info helps

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 15 on 15 off June 2 2009, 10:28 AM

bump

32dds
(no login) Re: 15 on 15 off June 3 2009, 12:40 AM

I am also wondering about this because, no one takes a break with fenugreek, fennel, or hops.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: 15 on 15 off June 3 2009, 9:46 AM

I think it is because is much stronger than the herbs.That's why yu have to take breaks..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon