Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and PCOS

PM and PCOS
November 15 2009 at 4:44 AM snoochii (Login snoochii)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give an update on my situation, and perhaps see if anyone else has experienced anything similar... Also, any girls with PCOS using PM, I'd really love to hear from you! (Louise, Meekha...)

As posted in an earlier thread, I'd been on PM for roughly 5 months since May (900mg/day, 14 days/cycle, starting last day of period—Bella's method), although I haven't taken for about 2 months now.

In this time I've experienced irregular periods (which I'd never had before taking PM), a significant increase in facial acne (lower face, chin, jawline), anxiety and hair loss. I finally went to the doctor this week who referred me for an ultrasound and blood tests. I haven't been back to get the results of my blood test, but the radiologist screening my ovaries told me that the right one was affected with cysts. I read the concluding report which determines I have mild PCOS.

I'm really sore at myself for having potentially bought this on myself. Clearly I've caused myself an hormonal imbalance with my PM regimen. Though whether I would have developed PCOS without PM use is hard to say. I always had slight/mild acne, a masculine-type shape and my hair was beginning to thin before PM... so it could have always been on the cards. But given that the cysts are only slight and affecting one ovary, I also think it's conceivable to suggest that it's a recent development...

How confusing and annoying!

But it's my own fault.

If there are any girls out there with PCOS using PM, I'm really interested to hear how you manage your PCOS whilst pursing NBE.

I know that BCP, particularly Yaz is prescribed for PCOS, but I really have no desire to go on the pill. I'd prefer to go on an androgen blocker such as Spironolactone or Finasteride... does anyone have any experience with these medications?

Also, is it still possible to use low doses of internal PM (300g or less) with PCOS, has anyone tried this?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Author Reply
carla
(Login carlaa1124) Re: PM and PCOS November 15 2009, 9:03 AM

Its possible that loss does may be benefitial but their is very little data. PM may or may not have caused PCOS but using high doses is going into no man's land. Shame on you Bella for playing follow the leader or some other dim wit to make a buck.

Use a cream for NBE!

Edit Message Delete Message

snoochii
(Login snoochii) Re: PM and PCOS November 19 2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the response, Carla.

To be fair, I think Bella is straight-up with her customers, and my few interactions with her have been really positive. I don't think she ever set out to deceive or dupe anyone.

My symptoms may have nothing to do with the high doses of PM, and I wouldn't wish to implicate Bella unfairly, because I have had good growth from her products. It's just curious that my pcos symptoms coincided with my use of PM. There may be something to that, or there may be nothing.... And perhaps I'm just getting old!

carla
(Login carlaa1124) Re: PM and PCOS November 19 2009, 12:51 PM

Hi

I am very critical of companies that have taken it upon themselves to promote high doses of Pueraria Mirifica.

This is their own untested invention. Whether it works or not is not the issue. I'm sure Bella is a splendid

person. There is little long term science on high doses with mixed populations. I simply believe it is not

responsible. Certainly she is not the only one doing it but it is not good for the entire supplement industry.

This type of behavior invites more regulations for the industry taking our freedoms away.

Consumers believe because it is there it must be alright....wrong! The reality is only the fox is watching the

chicken coop presently.

best

lemon vanilla
(Login lemonvanilla) pm and pcos and birth control November 23 2009, 12:22 AM

Hi Snoochi

I just wanted to say that's a funny name Smile it made me giggle.. Any ways I read that you have cysts? I'm sorry to hear that Sad They are painful to deal with as I know from prior experience. I don't think I have pcos, but I was really worried about it and had it checked out by my gyno and she prescribed me birth control. Apparently she told me that bc pills help regulate cysts and I haven't had one since. Thank-Gawd!

I actually have a question for you too! I am just starting on PM, and waiting for some PM cream to arrive but I've only been taking 1x500mg per day. Do you think I would see faster growth by taking 2x500 mg per day? It sounds like a dumb question, but with that one pill I am seeing growth and my friends notice too. I read that you've been on PM for a long period of time, would you mind me asking- have you gone up any bra sizes? I'm a small B cup , but hopeful to be a large C cup Smile I'm listening to breast enlargement ringtones and blake talks hypnosis too.

Happy growing Smile

(no login) Re: PM and PCOS May 29 2010, 6:56 PM

hi snoochie.. I have pcos also and i just started pm last week. Im not sure if your pcos was caused by pm but i was informed that pcos is hereditary.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon