Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How do you take your protein?

I was just wondering how all you BO users on the forum take your protein. I am currently mixing mine in milk but it is so sickeningly sweet tasting that I practically gag as I am drinking it. I know that sounds disgusting but these protein shakes taste really bad. Of course I am willing to suffer a few minutes a day drinking a cup full of protein if it means getting the chest of my dreams, but I was just curious if there is anything that can be done to get protein shakes to taste better. I also think it would be easier for me to just try to consume more protein in my food than to take it in shake form. What kinds of high protein foods does everyone eat?

Marie

I try to eat chicken or beef. Steak has a lot of protein
I also try to eat soybeans, and miso soup.

Do you know how many grams of protein you need a day for BO to work?,

I take mine in the morning with a banana, frozen strawberries, and a strawberry yogurt drink. Tastes delicious....plus I get calcium, and fruit servings. I don't really eat breakfast til later....so it always holds me over in the morning.

The first protein powder I bought was vanilla and then I bought orange. I have to fight to get both down but I am doing it. I should try to make mine in smoothie form the mask the horrible taste of the protein.

Thanks, Marie

Hi everyone, i have always made my own shakes as they taste so much better, you still add protein powder but you add loads of other stuff to make them yum lol and provide more protein, i kind of overdosed with the protein when i first started NBE and put loads of weight on so be careful anyway i have a recipe list on my forum if you want a few ideas. heres the link http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org...86.php#286
Hope it helps, good luck everyone.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

@xxthatshot; I thought we weren't suppose to eat any soy products because that interferes with BO? I'm not sure though, it was just something I read on one of the forums. It sucks, thought cause it's really hard to avoid soy since I'm asian.

Anyways, I use Now Food whey protein isolate the non-flavored one and in the mornings I mix it with Carnation's Instant Breakfast Essentials (milk chocolate flavor) with milk and it tastes so good, plus I get the additional vitamins in stuff already in the calcium.

Then the rest of the day I would just work out and put the protein w/water after I run.

Being an Asian myself and staying in Asian country makes it even more difficult to avoid soy products while on BO. I reduce my intake instead of eliminating it completely. I am still growing so it is no problem.

Wink

I recently found this site it has everything for all kinds of people (vegan, veg, carnivoire) and a list of a few recipies. Some things I was surprised had so much protein in them like pumpkin, squash, and watermelon seeds, and octopus? check it out: http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articl...rotein.php

Interesting link about Parmesan cheese being high in protein. I'm Italian and I eat that kind of cheese on everything.

Yesterday, I made my first protein shake with yogurt and fruit. It tasted soooo much better than what I was drinking before. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was delicious, but it didn't taste bad in the least.

Are you guys just taking protein or protein isolate? I think I read somewhere that the isolate is higher quality. Taking protein concerns me as well because excess protein can cause damage the the liver. I am currently taking 25 g in shake form and whatever else I get from the food I eat. Any thoughts on this?

Marie

I posted a thread on the protein calculator. Too much of protein will only hurt the kidney as for hurting the liver part is unless your protein is contaminated.

Protein consist of the main molecule of carbon, oxygen and nitrogen. Too much of nitrogen in the body will be discharge through our kidney. Carbohydrates and fat however consist of the same kind of molecule which is the carbon and oxygen.

I only take 1/4 of the daily allowance recommended using the protein calculator of whey protein isolate. Taking more than that everyday causing me to gain weight and I still have the same measurement of growth so is no point actually.

Hope this help!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon