Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DMSO (a potent but controversial transdermal)

I searched DMSO on the board and didn't see any certain information on it, or any discussions focused on DMSO, so I figured I should start one.

Just to give those who don't know much about DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide), here's an explanation from Wikipedia that I think sums it up: "Because DMSO easily penetrates the skin, substances dissolved in DMSO may be quickly absorbed. For instance, a solution of sodium cyanide in DMSO can cause cyanide poisoning through skin contact. DMSO by itself has low toxicity."

So basically you should NOT put anything in DMSO that you wouldn't eat/drink. And then there are probably more limitations than just that, since when you eat something, the liver still has to break it down, whereas DMSO delivers everything straight to the bloodstream, making it easier to overdose even on thing we see as safe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong lol I'm not exactly an expert on this.

On beboard most people suggest that if you are going to use DMSO, you start with 1 drop and maybe work your way up to 4.
Does anyone know how to use DMSO gel/cream? I have DMSO gel by Nature's Gift, which is 70% DMSO and 30% aloe vera. What is the equivalent to 1 drop of DMSO as suggested on beboard?
And how much fenugreek should I put in it? If I should only use a tiny bit of the DMSO gel, then what additional creams/lotions/gels would be safe to add in so it spreads?

Sorry for so many questions Tongue but I figure I'm not the only one who needs to know more about DMSO.

Thanks Smile

Alright I don't wanna start a new thread when there already is one so hopefully someone will just notice this in the new posts Smile

Can you use fenugreek extract with dmso cream? I'm so cautious about it since dmso carries anything straight through to your bloodstream. I mean there's alcohol in the extracts and I have no idea how that works. I know it's barely any, but when consuming alcohol it gets processed through the liver, as opposed to going straight to the bloodstream. Anyone know if this is okay?

Hi
I am also not an expert on DSMO. I looked at it once due to a question posted here a little while ago. The below link post 4 lists what I looked at.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5431&highlight=dsmo

At the time I thought it was too great a risk of problems to try. Also I was only interested in penetration of the skin of the chest for breast growth.(felt essential oils and now aloa vera would suffice) Not the whole body. Since so many people are using it. As you have said. Another look may be warrented. I am also interested to see what is posted here.

I went ahead and tried massage with DMSO gel (70% DMSO, 30% aloe vera) and fenugreek extract (1:1). I didn't really measure exactly but I'd guess I did about 1/3 of a dropper of fenugreek and just less than a dime's size gel. Nothing good or bad to report- although I did only leave it on for about 10 minutes since I wanted to be extra cautious the first time. I'll try it again today and leave it on for 20 minutes.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon