Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

RE: China and BSE scare

Hey,

Just did a quick google search to find out what the current status of China was with respect to BSE and I can't find any articles about it being a problem. In actual fact, I found quite the opposite.

This article, from last month, states that China have only just started to lift the ban on Canadian beef because of BSE scares.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06...d-cow.html
Bit odd of them to ban beef they suspected to be harmful if the home grown beef had the same problem.

This article is from 2003, stating that China was trying to remain BSE free:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/2003...293938.htm

Does anyone have any links stating when China did have BSE? I have to get ready for work so I can't do a comprehensive search, but it seems like a lot of the worries on the threads here are unfounded?

Thanks in advance for any light shed,

R XXX

Hey there, when I first saw this thread this morning I was too scared to open it.
In honest truth, it's because I just recently started taking UB and it's only been a week in a half and I can already feel my boobs itch and they're becoming tender, so hopefully they're working!

Anyways, I was thinking about it all day and I was considering that my health is way more important than breasts! Therefore, when I got home I looked up BSE and China and found the same articles as you!

It was actually quite interesting to read about China's status and BSE. I also read that BSE started in the UK. And other places that had it were Canada and there was one case of where a cattle was born in Texas that had BSE. But it said that the cow was already 12 years old and probably got infected in 1997 before the banning of feeding cows other cow/sheep products were implemented.

Anyways, I found about the same articles as you and I'll probably do some more research later on tonight. But it seems like there has been no outbreak since 03'-05' I think.
Oh you know what I also read, thanks to the Bush Administration it's meat packers aren't allowed to test their cattle for BSE. Because if one small ranch let's say tests theirs, other bigger meat companies have to test their larger herds, which can be expensive. Also, they said that if a false positive happens, it'll hurt the American meat industry. ah seriously now! gosh.

ohk, hopefully someone else will post info. about this. But, I pray to God that my UB is completely safe and yield NOTHING but GOOD RESULTS!:angel:

Hey,

I'm very sorry to have scared ya. I was just doing some research because I want to try UB. It's great you're having positive signs so soon. I really want to try it myself. It's quite affordable too, providing they don't charge the earth at customs.

I think those articles are really quite positive towards China/BSE scare but I can't find any articles about when (if ever) China did have BSE.

You're right, BSE did start here in the UK, back when I was about 8 or 9 (I'm now 24). We're fine to eat our own beef now though Smile

Right... I found this (source Wikipedia, so may not be reliable but I found it interesting):

(For those who are unfamiliar, BSE is mad cow disease and CJD is the human contraction of it, so the first figure is the number of cases in cows in that country, the second number is how many humans have contracted it since).

As stated before, New Zealand and Argentina are BSE free and always have been, but so is CHINA! Well Hong Kong had two reported infected cattle but no outbreaks of the disease in human form. All of the articles I have found about China, whilst mainly reporting the same news, have stated that China was very selective about the beef it let into the country - I think it's safe to say that BSE in China is a rumour unless anyone can find anything different?

Austria
BSE: 5
CJD: 0

Belgium
BSE: 133[34]

Canada
BSE: 17[35]
CJD: 1[5]

Czech Republic
BSE: 28[36]

Denmark
BSE: 14[37]

Falkland Islands
BSE: 1

Finland

France
BSE: [38]900
CJD: 25[5]

Germany
BSE: 312

Greece
BSE: 1[39]

Hong Kong
BSE: 2

Ireland
BSE: 1,353
CJD: 4[5]

Israel
BSE: 1[40]
CJD: 56

Italy
BSE: 138[41]

Japan
BSE: 26

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg
CJD: 1

Netherlands
BSE: 85[42]
CJD: 3[5]

Oman

Poland
BSE: 21

Portugal
BSE: 875
CJD: 2[5]

Saudi Arabia
BSE: 0

Slovakia
BSE: 15

Slovenia
BSE: 7

Spain
BSE: 412
CJD: 5[5]

Sweden

Switzerland
BSE: 453

Thailand
BSE: [43]
CJD: 2

United Kingdom (the biggie Sad)
BSE: 183,841
CJD: 170[5]

United States
BSE: 3[35]
CJD: 3[5]

Total
BSE: 188,579
CJD: 275

It is also interesting and useful to remember that it takes about 10 years for the disease to manifest itself in symptoms - a very long incubation period - so any scare stories where some girl took some pills and got mad cow disease are very unlikely to be true. She would have had to have taken them 10 years before she got ill, and still be able to pinpoint it to the pills?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon