Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is anyone taking Maca?

Is anyone taking Maca? I only ask because I noticed it was mentioned a lot in the old forum and seemed to be some interest, but as far as I can tell it seems to have fallen out of favour and doesn't get a mention anymore.

I'm taking it, but I haven't been taking it long enough to say if it's helping any. Plus, I'm taking so many other herbs that I don't think I could tell if there was a difference anyway :s

i just ordered some maca and will start taking it soon, i am taking it mainly because it is said to be an adaptogen and will help your body make the hormones it needs and in my case i believe i am estrogen dominant, but i've also heard it helps with increased bust so that is just a very desired side effect i am hoping for.

It is also supposed to increase fertility too, but I'm also on birth control. I haven't gotten pregnant yet lol

(15-04-2010, 11:56 AM)Nyx Wrote:  I'm taking it, but I haven't been taking it long enough to say if it's helping any. Plus, I'm taking so many other herbs that I don't think I could tell if there was a difference anyway :s

hey how much are you taking? I just got my shipment in the mail and it says to take 1 500mg pill a day, but wondering if i should take more...

I'm taking it and it seems to get me better swelling with my nooleberry but it doesn't do anything on its own, except it makes my hair fall out less.

I take one 525mg capsule a day. I was just following the directions on the bottle, since I haven't heard about maca too much here, yet.

i started taking 1000mg last saturday along with the b-complex. so far my only side effect is yellow urine, which is definitely from the b-complex, it is an orange colored pill. I did feel like i had tingles the first day, but i was coming off my period so that could of been the reason too. As far as the hormone balancing, i am keeping track of my temperature daily to note and changes in my estrogen vs. progesterone phase..

okay 2 weeks in with maca, i am also drinking a goat's rue/blessed thistle tea once a day, but have skipped a couple days..But that is the only herbs i'm taking right now. I can definitely see an increase in libido, not so much wanting it all the time but if feels like there is more circulation during intercourse. Now I am in my ovulation days and I am noticing definite tingles and aches in my breasts and also fullness, but that may go away after my cycle starts again, but I am definitely getting some effects from the maca.

This is my first post in the forum and I'm still quite new to NBE, but a couple of years ago a friend of mine was taking maca and she was convinced that her boobs had grown on it. I knew nothing about NBE at the time, so didn't take it too seriously, but looking back now she was certain she'd grown well (and that was on maca alone, nothing else).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon