Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lignans, low dose phytoestrogens

Lignans, low dose phytoestrogens
April 5 2007 at 2:01 AM waxingmoon (Login waxingmoon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are like me and suffering from Estrogen Dominance the following link may be of some help:

http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/lignan.php

I found an article that pointed out that supplementing with natural progesterone cream was not enough in dealing with excess estrogen. The article suggested avoiding contact with xeno-estrogens (from pesticides, plastics, solvents, steroids in meats, etc) and using low dose phytoestrogens to take up the estrogen receptor sites (and this block them from the more powerful xeno-estrogens).

I looked around and finally found a reference to lignans. These low dose phytoestrogens should help those who are battling estrogen dominance.

For those who don't want to follow the link (good info with a chart and lots of numbers!!! lol) here is a basic list:

Flax seed (the highest), pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, rye, broccoli, curly kale, garlic, beans, apricot, strawberry, peach, olive oil, grape juice and tomato juice... and the list goes on and on...

The above has now become my current snack list...

waxingmoon

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon