Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How does BO even work?

Isn’t BO the ovary of a cow, taken from the butchers as surplus and sold to health fanatics? How does it work, what is the mechanism? People eat cow organs and feet all the time without developing traits associated with the stomach and the heart. How is BO even supposed to function - Is it like a homeopathic thing? I have heard of people in the 1800s eating lots of bull testes as an alleged athletic enhancer.

I'm not aware that bovine ovary has ever been popular with health fanatics and I'm sure it's not in any way connected to homeopathy. The ovary of a cow, as you put it, first became known as a health supplement because it was believed to support hormonal balance in women and could accordingly alleviate symptoms of hormonal imbalances.

(21-02-2024, 09:39 PM)StopTheSag Wrote:  I have heard of people in the 1800s eating lots of bull testes as an alleged athletic enhancer.

Yes it's true, Olympic athletes used to consume bull testes for a pre-tournament hormone boost.

Well testes aren't a banned substance, so they could still do that nowadays - if it works!

(21-02-2024, 09:39 PM)StopTheSag Wrote:  How does it work, what is the mechanism?

The basic mechanism of BO is the concept of "like heals like". This is the same for all forms of glandular therapy. So in other words, consuming a specific animal gland or tissue may support or benefit the corresponding human gland or tissue.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon