Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek Rash, Contact Dermatitis, or ???

Ok, so I typically just pump.  Have been pumping for years and except for a few times where i used too much pressure, I have not had any issues.  Three days ago I added Fenugreek (600mg, 3 times a day) to my routine and yesterday I developed a really bad rash on both breasts.  I had pumped up to 3 days ago and used a different lotion than I typically used AND after pumping I wore one of my tack bras for a few hours (Yeah, a bit kinky but look on BoundAnna if you don't know what that is). 

So, I have not clue what caused this rash.  It is so severely itchy that I have worn only an open cup bra, topless, all day (home alone).  Can not stand to have anything tough my breasts.  It shows no sign of subsiding. 

Has anyone taken Fenugreek and had a similar rash?  I did stop taking Fenugreek this morning so hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, if i can sleep tonight. 

Help!! 

The photo does not show the rash that well.

Fenugreek can cause a rash if you're allergic to it. I don't know why the rash would only happen on your breasts though.

Yeah, Susan.  I don’t understand it either.  This morning it wa much better, no itching and no pain but this evening is started flaring up again.   I seriously thought it was getting better but now I’m not so sure.  Very annoying!

I’ve had allergic reactions to Niacin before and got hives on my face and chest.  But this is different a the pattern is more inline with the shape of my pumping domes.

No real improvement the last few days, always looking slightly better in the morning but much worse in the evening.  Last night I changed up what lotion I was using and because my breasts were kind of hot I took a padded bra and wet each cup then threw it in the freezer for 10 minutes.   Then pulled it out and threw it on until it warmed up.   Then repeated it a few times before bed.   This morning they look and feel much better so I repeated the frozen bra a few time before I dressed.  Hoping that it will calm things down better through the day.

Hello Karren. I just wondered what happened in the end? After you stopped taking fenugreek did the rash go away?

(04-12-2023, 04:58 AM)Karren H Wrote:  Yeah, Susan.  I don’t understand it either.  This morning it wa much better, no itching and no pain but this evening is started flaring up again.   I seriously thought it was getting better but now I’m not so sure.  Very annoying!

I’ve had allergic reactions to Niacin before and got hives on my face and chest.  But this is different a the pattern is more inline with the shape of my pumping domes.

I think you have it there Karren when you said inline with the shape of your pumping domes. Its probably a bit of over pumping or maybe theres something on the inside of the domes that causes a skin reaction when its in contact with the domes (your new lotion perhaps?). I get that rash too so I usually rub in some corticosteroid cream (Betamethasone 0.1% Cream) over a few days to clear up the skin inflammation. Its worth cleaning the inside of your domes too with a mild detergent and maybe use a different lotion.
love Chloe xxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon