Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

help understanding bra size ?

i was just going through all my clothes and found a bunch of my bras that ive gotten both recently and throughout the years and of course tried them on to see if they all still fit… i had 32aa, 32a, 32b and 32c bras and they all happened to fit… so what am i suppose to do to determine the right bra size most accurately? this experience hasnt been great for my self confidences and body dysmorphia honestly, considering that i thought i would be at least big enough to not fit an a cup, but now im not so sure…

So not sure if you are aware but there is such a thing called "sister sizing" which basically means for example you are a 36E you go up a band size and down a cup size to 38DD and its the same cup volume or up a cup size and down a band size to a 34F and its the same cup volume and you can keep going down or up the cup sizes doing the same thing to get your "sister size" however Im really sorry to tell you this but none of those are sister sizes as they are all band 32 meaning it really doesnt make much sense how you are able to fill a 32C if you can still comfortably fit into a 32 A.... If I were you I would go get professionally sized at a good bra shop meaning not VS etc as they do "vanity sizing" making you bigger than you are. Hope this helps and Im so sorry to hear that we have body dysmorphia in common its a beast of a thing for us girls to deal with, hang in there and know you are worthy and beautiful no matter what bra size you wear we are all just flesh its whats on the inside and how you act in real life(ie you tell the truth, you treat good people with kindness etc) that makes you a good person  Heart

(06-08-2023, 03:13 PM)Bustyprincess Wrote:  So not sure if you are aware but there is such a thing called "sister sizing" which basically means for example you are a 36E you go up a band size and down a cup size to 38DD and its the same cup volume or up a cup size and down a band size to a 34F and its the same cup volume and you can keep going down or up the cup sizes doing the same thing to get your "sister size" however Im really sorry to tell you this but none of those are sister sizes as they are all band 32 meaning it really doesnt make much sense how you are able to fill a 32C if you can still comfortably fit into a 32 A.... If I were you I would go get professionally sized at a good bra shop meaning not VS etc as they do "vanity sizing" making you bigger than you are. Hope this helps and Im so sorry to hear that we have body dysmorphia in common its a beast of a thing for us girls to deal with, hang in there and know you are worthy and beautiful no matter what bra size you wear we are all just flesh its whats on the inside and how you act in real life(ie you tell the truth, you treat good people with kindness etc) that makes you a good person  Heart

thank you. it helps knowing that some brands just lie to make you seem bigger… but now im worried ill never be able to get my breasts to be any bigger if they really truly are on the smaller end, even by actual bra size standards (i cant really go to a professional, but ive done some research and measuring and i think I'm a b cup)

its just so hard. my partner thinks i look just fine and says small boobs are great, but i still want them bigger and am afraid theyll never get any bigger than the measly little b cup. kinda hard not to feel not feminine enough and ugly about it

Hi,

Your partner is honest, bigger isn't always better. Any boob at all is good. If you want to go a little bigger for extra confidence, it's not impossible, but B cup isn't "measly", it's a goal for a lot of people doing NBE.

All companies do their sizing a bit differently; unfortunately it isn't standardized. Shopping for bras has never been easy even for those with experience. Luckily is has gotten a lot easier with all the resources available today. I wouldn't focus on just the numbers and letters, the cut/shape, the wires (or lack thereof) matter as well.

Two 32B bras, even if made by the same brand/manufacturer, won't always fit the same. A padded 32B and an unpadded 32B wears different, same goes for a wired and unwired bra, wide and narrow cupped bra, and so on. As you can see there are various factors than determine fit other than size.

In your case, it's not unusual that all of those sizes fit. A 32A with shallow cups and a 32AA with deeper cups, despite being a full cup size difference, can also fit the same way provided they hold the same volume. They don't need to be sister sizes. I have about 15 bras in different sizes and brands that fit me as closely to a custom as I will probably ever get. I'm a 28/30 band but can wear a 34, 30 or 28 band, anything from a GG cup to a J depending on what it is. Some give me a fuller look, some give minimized look, yet they all fit like a glove.

If you can't get a live fitting, there's a subreddit that can recommend brands, sizes, as well as offer fit checks if you're unsure if a bra you have is a proper fit for you. Professional bra  fitters, average bra wearers, they're all on there including yours truly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wi...ers_guide/

They will likely recommend you find your approximate size first (no one has a "true bra size"). It will give you a place to start. You can find it using a bra size calculator, there are two but I find the second more accurate if you measure correctly

https://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html

https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

See what it gives you compared to what you have. If the band gives you support without cutting in/riding up in the back, it is the correct size. The right sized cup size/shape support and comfortably contain all tissue, you should be able to fill out the cups without any gaping or spilling up top and no empty space at the bottom. 

Feel free to PM if you need still help.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon