Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Akpi seed/Djansang?

So I thought Id revisit this as it just seems too promising and yet I literally cannot find ANYTHING study related to its hormonal properties yet African women absolutely swear by it claiming it increases curves by increasing estrogen and progesterone in the body, yet there are listings for its oil and in capsule form labelling it a testosterone booster so Im just so damn confused! Lotus? Any ideas about this? Before I buy it I want to make sure it doesnt do anything I dont want it to do even though Im post op and take other herbs which are pro aromatase Id just like to know what Im buying! I keep seeing videos upon videos upon videos on youtube and tiktok boasting about this seeds potential! It does seem to have a very good nutritional profile but thats all I could find  Huh Huh

Hi BustyP, 

Here's some research papers I was able to source, keep in mind research seems to be limited. Read each one carefully as the preparation/extraction process determines the health benefits. I'll be able to point out some of my findings/takeaways tomorrow…it's late here. Big Grin Good to see you posting again.  Heart

Effect of boiling and roasting on the physicochemical properties of Djansang seeds (Ricinodendron heudelotii)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6848810/

The Impact of Post-Harvest Traditional Technologies on Nutritional Value and Antioxidant Activity of Seeds Kernels “akpi” of Côte d’Ivoire (West Africa)
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...est_Africa

Composition, nutritional value, and uses of Ricinodendron heudelotii, Vitex doniana, and Cleome gynandra seed oil, three indigenous oil species sources of omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids: A review
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full...eng2.12507

Wow you are truly the best Lotus thank you for your help!! I literally couldnt find anything besides the first study and I typed in all its multiple names! Yeh Im back feeling much better after getting my medication under control, had a bad bout of mania induced by increased dosage of haloperidol  Sad but now Im back on a super tini tiny dosage and no longer feeling the awful irrational fear feeling I was experiencing for a month!  Big Grin looking forward to your findings Im so intrigued by this herb/seed!  Heart Hug

Hi BustyP,

The Apki seeds might be boosting Testosterone by the aspartic acid and possibly arginine, results could vary based on hormone levels, meaning someone with low T and elevated E2 could see an aromatase boost while someone with higher T could expect a boost in T production. Both the Akpi seeds and Djansang have high amounts of lipids and protein, but the  amino acid profile seems robust. It makes me think (of the akpi seeds) it'll be like a fat/protein stack. Hopefully this will give you better insight on what to choose.  Hug

Amino acids
Only Tchiegang et al.13 studied the amino acid composition of R. heudelotii seeds, which were found to be rich in glutamic acid (10.2 g/100 g protein), arginine (5.14 g/100 g protein), and aspartic acid (4.93 g/100 g protein). Small amounts of histidine (1.63 g/100 g proteins), lysine (1.47 g/100 g proteins), and proline (in traces) were found (Table 2).
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full...eng2.12507

Thanks a heap Lotus! So Im gunna dip out on that one then as theres probably no point besides its nutritional profile as Im post op so dont produce testosterone anymore levels are minute so aromatase wouldnt do much for me, I am curious though whats your thoughts on red clover? Ive taken it before but stopped due to reading studies about it increasing testosterone in post menopausal women if I remember correctly its like fenugreek in that it increases BOTH estrogen AND testosterone?  Huh wouldnt want that I suppose, which is why I stopped fenugreek too ontop of the fact it gave me acne

Hi Lotus just bumping this hopefully you see this, is it true red clover and fenugreek also increase testosterone? X

Not all studies agree, but there seems to be a growing consensus for both red clover and fenugreek that yes they can increase testosterone.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon